Windows 10: Requesting Risk Analysis: O365 Availability Key

Discus and support Requesting Risk Analysis: O365 Availability Key in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Microsoft's enterprise SaaS products like SharePoint Online, OneDrive for Business, Skype, and Teams offer the ability to own your own encryption keys... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/blowdontpopclouds, Apr 10, 2020.

1. Requesting Risk Analysis: O365 Availability Key

Microsoft's enterprise SaaS products like SharePoint Online, OneDrive for Business, Skype, and Teams offer the ability to own your own encryption keys in an offering called Customer Key. Essentially you own the root keys at the top of the key hierarchy, those keys wrap keys one tier lower, all the way down to the data at the hierarchy bottom. The primary objective of this, according to the documentation which I will link at the bottom, is to enable cryptographic shredding of your data when you leave the service. You revoke the root keys stored in Azure Key Vault and the rest of the data is ciphertext left to be written over.

What I'm requesting the community's input on is an ADDITIONAL root key that is automatically generated by Microsoft and stored separately out of key vault. They refer to this as the AVAILABILITY KEY. From your perspective, what is the risk of this key existing? The documentation mentions some security measures taken to secure the key, but the customer does not own this root key!

Your expert risk analysis - or educated conjecture is much appreciated. I love this community! Documentation link: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/mi...ailability-key-understand?view=o365-worldwide .

submitted by /u/blowdontpopclouds
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/blowdontpopclouds, Apr 10, 2020
  2. EdTittel Win User

a request for device descriptor request failed

Maybe it's time to step back from the current efforts, and start over. I suggest you read over this excellent tutorial and try all of its steps: [Solved] Unknown USB Device (Device Descriptor Request Failed) for Windows 10 - Driver Easy. The one that may provide you with some easy relief is the one where you uninstall the device whose descriptor is failing, reboot, and see what happens when device enumeration recurs during boot-up. If you're lucky, it will fix itself.
    HTH,
    --Ed--

EdTittel, Apr 10, 2020
  3. OFFICIAL   Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen (Review)

there is something wrong with suggested for you list on npu page. clicking on picture of dd:da review from suggested for you list leads to perormance analysis instead of review. hovering mouse over it shows in status bar correct link to review but clicking on picture reloads analysis.
    links from reviews&articles page works fine.

edit: link from home page of npu sends you to analysis instead of review as well.

ne6togadno, Apr 10, 2020
  4. wolf Win User

Requesting Risk Analysis: O365 Availability Key

True core and memory clock on my GFX...what should I trust?

i have the list of nvidia core and shader steppings if you like, it shows the requested clockspeed versus the effective clockspeed.

Thema:

Requesting Risk Analysis: O365 Availability Key

1. Requesting Risk Analysis: O365 Availability Key - Similar Threads - Requesting Risk Analysis

2. Dump file analysis requested

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Dump file analysis requested: Tips on what is causing a shutdown (instead of sleep), generating this DMP file, would be appreciated... Microsoft OneDrive - Access files anywhere. Create docs with free Office Online.Gracias 183876
  3. request for a risk that a PC notebook was compromise

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    request for a risk that a PC notebook was compromise: Dear Mister, Miss,i'm french, but i'm writting in english in order to increase the probability to have a good answer logical, accurate, with a good technical guidance for a novice like meBy advance, i apologize if i made mistakes in my sentences...context:1 in order to check...
  4. Performance Analysis Primer (request)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Performance Analysis Primer (request): So I have a fairly extensive background in software development and problem solving; I am generally able to troubleshoot "thing not working" with a high degree of confidence. However, I am at something of a loss for troubleshooting techniques for "thing working, but slow"....
  5. Mini Dump Analysis Help Request

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Mini Dump Analysis Help Request: Long story short after many issues with BSOD, I did a fresh install of windows to try and get a fresh slate. I was hoping it was some driver issue that would resolve by itself. Unfortunately, I am getting the same error on the fresh install different hard drive is being used...
  6. Requests for Apps Not Available

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Requests for Apps Not Available: I was looking for an app in the Microsoft Store that was not listed. I'm assuming that Microsoft doesn't have such an app. Is there a way to send a request to Microsoft to include, purchase or make available an app that's not listed or may be third-party?...
  7. O365 home to O365 business

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    O365 home to O365 business: Hi, I have used the Office 365 Home free trial on my Windows 10. After I have tried the Office 365 for Business free trial and bought the licenses. Currently I can't switch my home to business account to activate the Windows. Can you help me?...
  8. BSOD Analysis Request

BSOD Analysis Request: I have experienced 3 BSODs since the most recent feature update (version 1809) on Oct 3. I have placed the 3 minidumps (minidump.zip), MSinfo32 .nfo and a system information file on OneDrive. Here's the link: https://1drv.ms/f/s!AkPrm7NUTXa9cxQSd3iNZJctwBo I ran sfc...
  9. Requesting a Key

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Requesting a Key: Trying to install windows 10 TR 10041 on a Ubuntu Host using Virtual box 4.3 When it finally starts the install and you select install it comes up wanting a Key? the key provided during the download of 10041 does not work. is there any way around this? I have tried to...
  10. Requesting help/analysis of sleep-related BSODs ...

Requesting help/analysis of sleep-related BSODs ...: Hi, everyone: OK - I am sincerely hoping someone can help me with this. First, please go to the below link/thread to read what I wrote about the problem (it has WinDbg info, etc.): https://www.tenforums.com/general-dis...dows-10-a.html (Note: Please disregard what...