Windows 10: Requesting support of SecDrv in future Windows 10 versions?

Discus and support Requesting support of SecDrv in future Windows 10 versions? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Event ID 7000 The SecDrv service failed to start due to the following error: This driver has been blocked from loading ​This is the error me and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by supervegeta, Mar 30, 2017.

1. Requesting support of SecDrv in future Windows 10 versions?

Event ID 7000
    The SecDrv service failed to start due to the following error:
    This driver has been blocked from loading

​This is the error me and other people have been getting when we try to start Age of Mythology on Windows 10. Currently, Windows 10 doesn't support SecDrv, it's an old security feature on games from back then.

Not sure if this is the right place, but I'm just pointing out this mistake and I am hoping it gets fixed in future updates.

:)

supervegeta, Mar 30, 2017

2. Will this work?

Sorry I phrased that wrong. Windows 10 does not support the SafeDisk or Securom DRM. Microsoft considers them a security risk. So they left the drivers necessary to support those DRM's out. My question is if I insert the driver that it needs to play those
    games, will they play? Also, if they wont, is there a way to activate the driver through command prompt? Like with the sc start secdrv command?

josephmccarthy24, Mar 30, 2017
  3. After updating the KB3086255 i am unable to play my older games

i did try this but not sure which one of these to use to run the games

• To disable the driver's service, type the following command:
    • To set the driver's service to manual, type the following command:
    • To enable the driver's service (and to set it to automatic), type the following command:
    • To manually start the driver's service, type the following command:
    • To manually stop the driver's service, type the following command:

daynacromwell, Mar 30, 2017
  4. clam1952 Win User

Requesting support of SecDrv in future Windows 10 versions?

Won't get fixed as it was a security risk and as this is not a Microsoft forum nothing anyone could do about it here.
    The only way around it is to get hold of the Steam version which as it's digital doesn't use the secure rom DRM. Age of Mythology: Extended Edition on Steam

clam1952, Mar 30, 2017
  5. LMiller7 Win User
    Not loading the SecDrv driver is not a mistake but a design decision made by Microsoft in the interests of security. The driver was not written by Microsoft so they cannot fix it, if that is even possible. It is possible to enable support for SecDrv in older systems but this will not work in Windows 10.

Security always has it's price.

LMiller7, Mar 30, 2017
  6. 2 reasons it's not going to happen:
    1. M$ removed SecDrv support for security reasons
    2. This is a community forum, not owned/controlled by M$ in any way. They probably monitor TenForums though. If you wanted to post a request/petition, this is the wrong place to start.

If I'm not mistaken there is a way to manually reenable the service, but I can't find the instructions now. Your error implies that the service exists but is disabled.

There are ways to bypass SafeDisc/SecDrv, but they aren't allowed to be discussed here. Your best bets would be a digital copy of the game from GOG, Steam, etc.

I do have the original AoM and its' expansion working fine in 10, just to let it be known.

AnonVendetta, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Requesting support of SecDrv in future Windows 10 versions?

1. Requesting support of SecDrv in future Windows 10 versions? - Similar Threads - Requesting support SecDrv

2. Future Windows 10 Developer OS Request

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Future Windows 10 Developer OS Request: *There is not one directly related topic to this inquiry unfortunately so I will not repost somewhere else*I wanted to start a discussion in hope it will gain traction and get attention of microsoft developers. I work at a robotics company where I use Windows Pro, Windows...
  3. Future Windows 10 Developer OS Request

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Future Windows 10 Developer OS Request: *There is not one directly related topic to this inquiry unfortunately so I will not repost somewhere else*I wanted to start a discussion in hope it will gain traction and get attention of microsoft developers. I work at a robotics company where I use Windows Pro, Windows...
  4. Future Windows 10 Developer OS Request

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Here’s what’s coming in future versions of Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Here’s what’s coming in future versions of Windows 10: Windows 10 May 2020 Update was recently released to consumers, but unlike some previous feature updates, version 2004 doesn’t introduce a bunch of major features. It does include several useful tweaks to the operating system, such as the option to move Cortana window, reset...
  6. Windows To Go future support

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows To Go future support: Hello, I just discovered two facts regarding Windows To Go. Microsoft does not support the ability to complete a feature upgrade and has announced that it will halt further development of Windows To Go. I created a bootable USB drive using Hasleo Software's WinToUSB...
  7. Future Windows 10 Versions for Limited Storage PCs

Future Windows 10 Versions for Limited Storage PCs: Since it seems that Microsoft's eventual plans for Windows 10 is to require greater system storage minimums than in the past, does anyone know if Microsoft has given any consideration to allowing users to supplement their small built-in storage drives by using USB flash...
  8. The request is not supported

The request is not supported: Recently I started experiencing an issue when I try to install setup files. I receive a message "the request is not supported". I have to install in "safe mode". Could this be the result of a recent "windows update"....
  9. request not supported

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    request not supported: i downloaded a file and i tried to run but a message comes up saying request not supported. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/request-not-supported/d0691f3d-68da-462a-8417-3f9a2fe45640
  10. Future version of Windows?

in Windows 10 Support
    Future version of Windows?: I have read many confusing things about the future of Windows. Windows 10 should be the latest version of Windows, with no Windows 11. On the other hand, Microsoft announces the end of mainstream support for Windows 10 for October 13, 2020 and the end of extended support for...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to get secdrv to work with windows 10

2. re-enabling secdrv in windows 10