Windows 10: Requesting Windows 11 Home and Pro stand alone retail version

Discus and support Requesting Windows 11 Home and Pro stand alone retail version in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I just found out from Microsoft Support that there is no independent Web Browser, Web page based link to buy a Genuine copy of stand-alone Windows 11... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by AkshaySrinivasan, Oct 26, 2021.

1. Requesting Windows 11 Home and Pro stand alone retail version

I just found out from Microsoft Support that there is no independent Web Browser, Web page based link to buy a Genuine copy of stand-alone Windows 11 Pro so it might also be the case for Windows 11 Home from Microsoft official website not going through the Microsoft Store App on Windows.Requesting support for this from Microsoft::An official website, webpage for a stand-alone copy of Windows 11 Pro for us a custom-built people who keep replacing components like Motherboard and CPU all the time and reinstall a lot.Please support this if you would like it too.If Microsoft already has time for a

:)

AkshaySrinivasan, Oct 26, 2021
  2. DonCapuco Win User

Are Windows Retail Version Upgrading to Win 10 OEM??

No, they cannot argue that this promotional offer is to be considered as a trial product. They advertise the upgrade on their website as "Windows Offer Details: Yes, free! This upgrade offer is for a full version of Windows 10, not a trial."

The way I see it (I am no subject matter expert), this is the meaning of the different wordings being used:
    • Promotion/Offer: this only says something about the pricing, not about the content -> the promotion is that you get it for free
    • Upgrade: this describes what you get. An upgrade from an eligible Windows version + edition to Windows 10
    • Like-to-like: this describes the detail of the upgrade when it comes to editions -> home to home and pro to pro
    None of these terms say anything about OEM vs Retail. It does not include or exclude them and does not differentiate between them. Hence it must apply to both of them.

The only document that says anything about OEM (preinstalled) and retail (stand-alone) is the EULA. The EULA specifies transfer rights for 'upgraded from software you acquired as stand-alone software'. No details or exceptions about the word 'upgraded' are specified in the EULA, so it is applicable to any upgrade, free or paid.

Again, I am no subject matter expert, but if they change the EULA wording, they have two options in my opinion:
    • Do it for Windows 10 and inform all Windows 10 users about these changes (that take away some rights) -> They highlight the problem and this could cause them very bad publicity. It might them cost a lot more than not changing the wording.
    • Release a new version of Windows (10.1 or 11) and change the EULA for this version. This gives them the opportunity to solve the problem nice and clean. But it conflicts with the vision of Windows as a Service and if they do it too soon, it will cause bad publicity cause everyone is going to say: 'so much for the free Windows 10 upgrade, now we have to pay to get the latest updates'.

Just my 2 cents.

DonCapuco, Oct 26, 2021
  3. sabgenton Win User
    Has anyone moved the free windows 10 'Retail version' to another PC successfully?

I read on a questions and answers thread on Microsofts website that the free Windows 10 becomes the type it was upgraded from (e.g retail version).

Other threads seem to conclude it still acts like an OEM even in the case of the retail version binding only to the hardware it was first installed on.

Has anybody managed to reinstall Windows 10 on a new computer upgraded from a retail windows, or did it lock to the First hardware?

The EULA states "you may transfer the software to another device that belongs to you" so it looks possible ...

Steps to try:

• Install windows 7/8.1 retail on machine A
    • Upgrade to windows 10 for free.
    • Uninstall windows completely from machine A
    • Install the same windows 7/8 retail on machine B
    • Upgrade to windows 10 again (here's hoping)

If someone has already done the first to steps feel free to try see if it works!

I personally don't want to try the first to steps just in case I can't transfer it after if anyone has done this or has some insight please let me know.

sabgenton, Oct 26, 2021
  4. natr0n Win User

Requesting Windows 11 Home and Pro stand alone retail version

Quantum Break is coming to Steam, Windows 7 supported and boxed retail.

"We have confirmed with Remedy that the Steam version of Quantum Break will support Windows 7, meaning that the game will support DirectX 11, and will not be a UWP game. "

Below are the PC system requirements for the Steam version of Quantum Break.

MINIMUM:

• Processor: Intel Core i5-4460, 2.70GHz or AMD FX-6300
    • Memory: 8 GB RAM
    • Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760 or AMD Radeon R7 260x
    • DirectX: Version 11
    • Storage: 68 GB available space

RECOMMENDED:

• Processor: Intel Core i5 4690, 3.9GHz or AMD equivalent
    • Memory: 16 GB RAM
    • Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970 or AMD Radeon R9 390
    • DirectX: Version 12
    • Storage: 68 GB available space
    Special Edition of Quantum Break for PC Hitting Retail and Steam on September 14 - Xbox Wire
    Quantum Break is coming to Steam

natr0n, Oct 26, 2021
Thema:

Requesting Windows 11 Home and Pro stand alone retail version

1. Requesting Windows 11 Home and Pro stand alone retail version - Similar Threads - Requesting Home Pro

2. 22H2 offline stand-alone upgrade

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    22H2 offline stand-alone upgrade: How can I manually upgrade a Windows 10 machine from version 20H2 to 22H2 without connecting it to the internet? It's completely stand alone. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/22h2-offline-stand-alone-upgrade/9fb5855f-e8b8-4108-998e-e2a9728827d9
  3. Stand alone games not launching...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stand alone games not launching...: EVE online and Elder Scrolls online aren't launching properly. All my games in Steam have no issues. For some reason games outside of Steam and Microsoft games there is a glitch. The games try and load .... then nothing. It's weird. I just updated my motherboard recently and...
  4. Stand alone games not launching...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Stand alone games not launching...: EVE online and Elder Scrolls online aren't launching properly. All my games in Steam have no issues. For some reason games outside of Steam and Microsoft games there is a glitch. The games try and load .... then nothing. It's weird. I just updated my motherboard recently and...
  5. win 11 stand alone OEM?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    win 11 stand alone OEM?: Is windows 11 only an upgrade from win 8 or 10? with all the problems I read on win 11 upgrade I don't want to upgrade to 11. I build my own computers, my question is will win 11 be available as an OEM so I can do a stand alone full install on a new computer build?...
  6. win 11 stand alone OEM?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    win 11 stand alone OEM?: Is windows 11 only an upgrade from win 8 or 10? with all the problems I read on win 11 upgrade I don't want to upgrade to 11. I build my own computers, my question is will win 11 be available as an OEM so I can do a stand alone full install on a new computer build?...
  7. Requesting Windows 11 Home and Pro stand alone retail version

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Requesting Windows 11 Home and Pro stand alone retail version: I just found out from Microsoft Support that there is no independent Web Browser, Web page based link to buy a Genuine copy of stand-alone Windows 11 Pro so it might also be the case for Windows 11 Home from Microsoft official website not going through the Microsoft Store App...
  8. H.264 stand alone DVR

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    H.264 stand alone DVR: I cannot view my home security system (h.264) in microsoft edge i have set all my ports forwarding in my router and they are open and my router is not blocking those Any suggestions Charlie...
  9. Microsoft Excel stand alone disk.

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Microsoft Excel stand alone disk.: Can I purchase a Microsoft Excel stand alone disk for my DELL Desk Top computer? And, if I can, where do I purchase it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-excel-stand-alone-disk/097fac70-11ef-4894-af03-ff0d504a3595"
  10. Office 2016 Confusion Click to install and stand alone versions

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Office 2016 Confusion Click to install and stand alone versions: Hi there Windows update seems to get Office Updates into a total twist. Apparently 2 ways of installing Office -- either the "Click to Install" from Ms directly or install from the MSDN iso. If you install from the "Click to install" then updates come via clicking...