Windows 10: Require a Powershell Script for running Windows Update Troubleshooter

Discus and support Require a Powershell Script for running Windows Update Troubleshooter in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi , I am from Remote Support Team and need to troubleshoot some issues from the back end. Are there any Powershell scripts or .ps1 files for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Arjun P, Jul 17, 2018.

1. Arjun P Win User

Require a Powershell Script for running Windows Update Troubleshooter

Hi ,

I am from Remote Support Team and need to troubleshoot some issues from the back end.

Are there any Powershell scripts or .ps1 files for running the Windows Update Troubleshooter in the Windows 10 systems as I can't take the remote session of the client systems.

Can you help me out in this.?

Regards

Arjun.P

:)

Arjun P, Jul 17, 2018
  2. 3Colors Win User

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Require a Powershell Script for running Windows Update Troubleshooter :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Jul 17, 2018
  3. EckiS Win User
    PowerShell script run - Cmdlets

As SQL-IP and Cosmos are still internal to Microsoft, I wonder why you are not simply contacting the person who provided you with the scripts.

For point 1: see PowerShell: Bypass ExecutionPolicy to run downloaded scripts

For point2: this is specific to the script: "Cosmos.Document" is probably in a module which is not found.

EckiS, Jul 17, 2018
  4. Kursah Win User

PowerShell instead of Commandline in Creators Update

Interestingly enough my personal laptop just got the update...and still has Command Prompt listed, not PowerShell...

Edit: Not that it matters...I use both regularly. *Toast :toast:

Kursah, Jul 17, 2018
Thema:

1. Require a Powershell Script for running Windows Update Troubleshooter - Similar Threads - Require Powershell Script

2. Cannot get PowerShell script to run

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot get PowerShell script to run: Hi,No matter what I try I cannot get permission to run a .ps1 file. I always get this error:& : File C:\Program Files\putty\pagentpass.ps1 cannot be loaded because running scripts is disabled on this system. For more information, see about_Execution_Policies at...
  3. Cannot get PowerShell script to run

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot get PowerShell script to run: Hi,No matter what I try I cannot get permission to run a .ps1 file. I always get this error:& : File C:\Program Files\putty\pagentpass.ps1 cannot be loaded because running scripts is disabled on this system. For more information, see about_Execution_Policies at...
  4. Run desktop script in PowerShell

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Run desktop script in PowerShell: I have a script on my desktop that I need to run in PowerShell; how do I do that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/run-desktop-script-in-powershell/666a7726-8cbd-42c7-ac2c-419229432252
  5. Run desktop script in PowerShell

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Run desktop script in PowerShell: I have a script on my desktop that I need to run in PowerShell; how do I do that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/run-desktop-script-in-powershell/666a7726-8cbd-42c7-ac2c-419229432252
  6. Run desktop script in PowerShell

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Pause windows update with a powershell script

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pause windows update with a powershell script: Hi,I am trying to remotley pause windows update using a powershell script.I have tried installing PSWindowsUpdate module on the remote PC and then running: Set-WindowsUpdateAutoUpdateOption -AutoUpdateOption 2This didnt work and i am getting that...
  8. Running PowerShell script as a batch file

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Running PowerShell script as a batch file: Can I run the Power Shell line: "C:\Windows\System32>get-appxpackage *3dbuilder* | remove-appxpackage" from a .Bat file? ***Original title: Removing bloatware***...
  9. Run PowerShell Script As An Administrator

in Windows 10 Support
    Run PowerShell Script As An Administrator: Hi. So I've been searching online on a way to do this yet I cannot find a way to do it. _______________________________________ I need this in specific: I want to double click a PowerShell script file (which will run as an administrator) from Windows Explorer that has...
  10. PowerShell Scripting - Run a Script from Shortcut

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    PowerShell Scripting - Run a Script from Shortcut: How to: PowerShell Scripting - Run a Script from Shortcut [img] Information One of many PowerShell security features is that you can't run a script simply by double clicking it's icon on desktop or in a folder. Doing so will by default open script in Notepad for editing...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. powershell run windows update troubleshooter and export results

2. windows powershell troubleshooter

3. how to run windows update troubleshooter on ise powershell

4. powershell windows update troubleshooter