Windows 10: Require Admin Password or Fingerprint to Install Programs?

Discus and support Require Admin Password or Fingerprint to Install Programs? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hey all, I was wondering if there was a way to require an Admin password or fingerprint (using the sensor on my PC) when installing an application,... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by eDotJ, Sep 24, 2018.

1. eDotJ Win User

Require Admin Password or Fingerprint to Install Programs?

Hey all,

I was wondering if there was a way to require an Admin password or fingerprint (using the sensor on my PC) when installing an application, even when I am already an admin on the PC. I would like to do this just as another layer of security. As you know, on windows if you're an admin, you simply need to click "Yes" or "No" to install an app, which anyone can do if my computer happens to be left unlocked at any point.

Thanks.

:)

eDotJ, Sep 24, 2018
  2. Namslas90 Win User

admin password?

You can reset the Admin Password using Windows XP repair; See Here for step by step.

*Toast :toast:

Namslas90, Sep 24, 2018
  3. Bropper Win User
    Forgot Admin Password and Pin, usually use fingerprint but now requires pin!

I usually use my fingerprint to log into the admin account which I do so rarely. I have a few other non-admin accounts on the laptop.

When I tried to log into the admin account today with the fingerprint it asks for my pin as well?! This seems to be an issue with some new update. So now I cannot access the admin account since I do not know the pin or password (although the fingerprint
    is recognized and requires an extra pin to be approved)

This is entirely retarded, do I no longer have admin access for Windows 10 and I DO NOT WANT TO WIPE OUT MY COMPUTER TO RESTORE ADMIN ACCESS BEFORE ANYONE SUGGESTS THAT.

Bropper, Sep 24, 2018
  4. freeboy Win User

admin password?

my repair windows install keeps failing due to "what is admin password" ?
    How do I either find it? It is my computer and Ia am the admin or change it? this is for disk D and It is booting from c...

freeboy, Sep 24, 2018
Thema:

1. Require Admin Password or Fingerprint to Install Programs? - Similar Threads - Require Admin Password

2. Admin Password Requirements on 21h1 1237

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Admin Password Requirements on 21h1 1237: Apparently, Windows has decided that there are minimum password requirements for Administrator accounts now. I would like to avoid changing my password, and the circumstances this computer is used in means physical security to the extent required by the minimum complexity...
  3. Admin Password Requirements on 21h1 1237

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Admin Password Requirements on 21h1 1237: Apparently, Windows has decided that there are minimum password requirements for Administrator accounts now. I would like to avoid changing my password, and the circumstances this computer is used in means physical security to the extent required by the minimum complexity...
  4. Admin Password Requirements on 21h1 1237

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Admin user rights requires fingerprint; password not an option

in Windows 10 Customization
    Admin user rights requires fingerprint; password not an option: I am admin. In Admin account, Windows Security App & Browser Control is enabled. In a User Account, it is not. When I try to activate it, a window pops up asking for Admin privileges and I am asked for fingerprint. Fingerprint doesn't work. Doesn't work to login to Admin...
  6. Password Requirement to Access Program

Password Requirement to Access Program: Can I setup a password requirement of a program in settings? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/password-requirement-to-access-program/6fbb5450-c212-4519-a46b-85071606c0be
  7. Admin password required for sign-in password.

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Admin password required for sign-in password.: Hey. Is there a way I can make windows to ask for my admin password to confirm when changing the sign-in password for windows? Just curious. 119339
  8. Forgot Admin Password and Pin, usually use fingerprint but now requires pin!

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Forgot Admin Password and Pin, usually use fingerprint but now requires pin!: I usually use my fingerprint to log into the admin account which I do so rarely. I have a few other non-admin accounts on the laptop. When I tried to log into the admin account today with the fingerprint it asks for my pin as well?! This seems to be an issue with some new...
  9. admin password required for unimportant purpose

in Windows 10 Customization
    admin password required for unimportant purpose: I'm using windows 10 with standard account. i have installed photoshop after entering admin password for sure. unfortunately im now required ridiculously to enter that password every time. so now is there anyway to use this app without that routing password...
  10. Requiring Password for all program installation?

Requiring Password for all program installation?: Hi All, Was wondering it is possible to require a password for any installation on Windows 10. If possible, can anyone run-down how? 92421

Users found this page by searching for:

1. fingerprint lock programs requriring password