Windows 10: Require advice to pick right docking station for two monitors

Discus and support Require advice to pick right docking station for two monitors in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; Hi I would like to buy docking station for Samsung laptop, Model No: NP550P7C. It has one HDMI, one VGA display port and two usb 3.0. I would like to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by ishfady, May 4, 2021.

1. ishfady Win User

Require advice to pick right docking station for two monitors

Hi I would like to buy docking station for Samsung laptop, Model No: NP550P7C. It has one HDMI, one VGA display port and two usb 3.0. I would like to display laptop screen and two more screens with all three two screen display different content. But when I connect HDMI and VGA to my two monitors, it only display on one screen. It look like my Laptop only support one external display at a time. I would like to use two or more screens, which I can connect to laptop HDMI port. I would like to display HDMI output from my laptop to two or four HDMI monitors. So I need docking station which will take single HDMI as an input and output to HDMI monitors. I am new and bit confuse with this sort of staffs, which docking station I would like buy. Do you have any such item in stock , which I can buy. Please can some one advice me or put on the right to which docking station is good for me. Thank you

:)

ishfady, May 4, 2021
  2. ishfady Win User

Hi
    I would like to buy docking station for Samsung laptop, Model No: NP550P7C.
    It has one HDMI, one VGA display port and two usb 3.0.
    I would like to display laptop screen and two more screens with all three two screen display different content.
    But when I connect HDMI and VGA to my two monitors, it only display on one screen.
    It look like my Laptop only support one external display at a time.
    I would like to use two or more screens, which I can connect to laptop HDMI port.
    I would like to display HDMI output from my laptop to two or four HDMI monitors.
    So I need docking station which will take single HDMI as an input and output to HDMI monitors.
    I am new and bit confuse with this sort of staffs, which docking station I would like buy. Do you have any such item in stock , which I can buy.

Please can some one advice me or put on the right to which docking station is good for me.

Thank you

ishfady, May 4, 2021
  3. Arun B J Win User
    DVI not working on extended monitor with Surface Book docking station

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

• Make sure the power light for the docking station is on

• Make sure the monitor is getting power

• Make sure the cable is connected properly to the monitor

• Unplug and reconnect the Mini-DVI adapter on the back of your docking station

• Try flipping the connector for the adapter over (turns out some adapters can go in upside-down)

• Take the Surface out of the docking station then put it back in

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, May 4, 2021
  4. Require advice to pick right docking station for two monitors

Windows Powershell- Detect Docking Stations and attached monitors

I am trying to write a script to detect all docking stations and monitors attached to those docking station for Lenovo Thinkpad t540p laptops on a domain network. Most of the monitors are Asus. Any suggestions or is this even possible? Running powershell from DEV WIN 10

Trix Rahbit, May 4, 2021
Thema:

1. Require advice to pick right docking station for two monitors - Similar Threads - Require advice pick

2. Docking station not detecting monitor

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Docking station not detecting monitor: I've recently bought a new docking station so that I can extend the display of my laptop. It has a usb c connector, which I've plugged into my laptop and for the most part, it works. The wireless mouse works and various other devices that are plugged into to it via usb work...
  3. Docking station not detecting monitor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Docking station not detecting monitor: I've recently bought a new docking station so that I can extend the display of my laptop. It has a usb c connector, which I've plugged into my laptop and for the most part, it works. The wireless mouse works and various other devices that are plugged into to it via usb work...
  4. Docking Station

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Docking Station: I have a Laptop that connects to a docking station via USB. I have 2 monitors and the laptop. When I disconnect the laptop from the docking station, all the open windows goes onto my laptop. When I connect my laptop back to the docking station. The windows stay on my laptop....
  5. Docking Station

in Windows 10 Customization
    Docking Station: I have a Laptop that connects to a docking station via USB. I have 2 monitors and the laptop. When I disconnect the laptop from the docking station, all the open windows goes onto my laptop. When I connect my laptop back to the docking station. The windows stay on my laptop....
  6. Dual Monitors with Docking Station

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dual Monitors with Docking Station: Hello-I have a Dell laptop that i use open with 2 external monitors. 1 monitor is plugged in via HDMI directly to the laptop, the other monitor is plugged in via HDMI to my external docking station. All 3 montiors worked fine until yesterday when my IT dept got into my...
  7. Dual Monitors with Docking Station

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Dual Monitors with Docking Station: Hello-I have a Dell laptop that i use open with 2 external monitors. 1 monitor is plugged in via HDMI directly to the laptop, the other monitor is plugged in via HDMI to my external docking station. All 3 montiors worked fine until yesterday when my IT dept got into my...
  8. Dual Monitors with Docking Station

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  9. Using 3 monitors with Docking Station

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Using 3 monitors with Docking Station: Hello, I have a user set up on a Windows 10 laptop. They are utilizing a docking station and when it is hooked up, we have to adjust the display so they can use the laptop with 2 additional monitors. We have to change the second monitor to "Extend this display". When they...
  10. Using 3 monitors with Docking Station

in Windows 10 Support
    Using 3 monitors with Docking Station: Hello, I have a user set up on a Windows 10 laptop. They are utilizing a docking station and when it is hooked up, we have to adjust the display so they can use the laptop with 2 additional monitors. We have to change the second monitor to "Extend this display". When they...