Windows 10: Require Password after Screen Timeout

Discus and support Require Password after Screen Timeout in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Quite simply, is it possible to change my Windows 10 settings to require a password after the screen turns off?Power & Sleep settings allow you to set... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by PhilipMitchell6, Jan 5, 2022.

1. Require Password after Screen Timeout

Quite simply, is it possible to change my Windows 10 settings to require a password after the screen turns off?Power & Sleep settings allow you to set a timer for when your screen turns off and when your computer goes to sleep. When my computer goes to sleep, I have to enter a password upon waking it back up. I would like the same thing to happen when my screen turns off so that my computer doesn't go to sleep but requires a password. Is this even possible?If you're curious, I want to do this with workstations that are accessed remotely. They can't be accessed when they go to sleep, so

:)

PhilipMitchell6, Jan 5, 2022

2. Windows 10 asks for password after screen turn-off timeout.

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand you would like to disable the password for idle time out. We will assist you to resolve the issue.

I would like to inform you that it is recommended to activate the password even for idle timeout for security reasons.

If you wish to disable it, I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to settings.
    • Click on accounts.
    • Click on Sign in options.
    • On the right side, you will see required sign in.
    • Change it to never.
    Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Jan 5, 2022
  3. Arul_D Win User
    How to change the Screen Timeout settings

Hello,

Welcome to the Microsoft Community.

I would suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• Right click on the desktop and click on Personalization.

• Click on Lock screen

• On the bottom of the screen click on Screen Timeout.

• Under screen select the Time period accordingly.
    Reply us back with the status of this issue. We will be glad to assist you.

Arul_D, Jan 5, 2022
  4. Ddd53 Win User

Require Password after Screen Timeout

screen timeout

My screen timeout happens too fast- and then requires my windows password to reopen. how do I change this so no password is required

Ddd53, Jan 5, 2022
Thema:

Require Password after Screen Timeout

1. Require Password after Screen Timeout - Similar Threads - Require Password Screen

2. Screen timeout and password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screen timeout and password: I need my computer to lock out when the display turns off screen timeout or goes into screen saver. I can get the display to turn off and I can also get the screen saver to turn on; however when I resume there is no screen that ask for a password/pin. When the computer turns...
  3. Screen timeout and password

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Screen timeout and password: I need my computer to lock out when the display turns off screen timeout or goes into screen saver. I can get the display to turn off and I can also get the screen saver to turn on; however when I resume there is no screen that ask for a password/pin. When the computer turns...
  4. Disable Screen timeout password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disable Screen timeout password: So i recently bought a samsung laptop and there is this weird setting that i am annoyed about.I have set my sleep to never both on battery and on power but still everytime my screen is turning out i need to enter a password.Now i may have found out the way to solve this,but...
  5. Disable Screen timeout password

Disable Screen timeout password: So i recently bought a samsung laptop and there is this weird setting that i am annoyed about.I have set my sleep to never both on battery and on power but still everytime my screen is turning out i need to enter a password.Now i may have found out the way to solve this,but...
  6. Require Password after Screen Timeout

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Require Password after Screen Timeout: Quite simply, is it possible to change my Windows 10 settings to require a password after the screen turns off?Power & Sleep settings allow you to set a timer for when your screen turns off and when your computer goes to sleep. When my computer goes to sleep, I have to enter...
  7. Require Password after Screen Timeout

Require Password after Screen Timeout: Quite simply, is it possible to change my Windows 10 settings to require a password after the screen turns off?Power & Sleep settings allow you to set a timer for when your screen turns off and when your computer goes to sleep. When my computer goes to sleep, I have to enter...
  8. Screen not turning on after a screen timeout

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Screen not turning on after a screen timeout: So in my laptop, in the power and sleep settings, I have set the screen to turn off after 10 minutes of inactivity. Quite a number of times I have faced this situation where the screen does not turn back on when I hit any keys on the keyboard. After a long wait, I have to...
  9. password required after waking

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    password required after waking: Hi there, My laptop now requires a password after waking from sleep mode, and it won't let me change this, despite me being the admin. I realize this is a security "feature", but it's unwanted, how can I remove this? Thanks for your help!!...
  10. Require password after sleep.

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Require password after sleep.: I need my Windows 10 computer to require my windows password after waking from sleep. All answers on the web point to either the 'Control Panel -> Hardware and Sound -> Power Options' menu or the 'Settings -> Accounts -> Sign-in options' menu. I have checked both and the...