Windows 10: require permission from Administrators

Discus and support require permission from Administrators in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, There's two file I want to copy. But I get this : "You require permission from Administrators to make changes to this file". I'm the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by trogne, Aug 25, 2016.

1. trogne Win User

require permission from Administrators

Hi,

There's two file I want to copy.

But I get this :
    "You require permission from Administrators to make changes to this file".

I'm the administrator!
    So what can I do ?

:)

trogne, Aug 25, 2016
  2. Romel Ram Win User

Require permission from Administrators to remove folder.

Hi,

There is a possibility that the folder is encrypted or corrupted. Let's isolate the issue by performing the methods below:

Method 1:

Run System File Checker to resolve for file corruption. Click on this
    link
    for steps.

Method 2:

Free up space using disk clean up. Check
    here
    for steps.

Feel free to post back for the results.

Regards.

Romel Ram, Aug 25, 2016
  3. Romel Ram Win User
    Romel Ram, Aug 25, 2016
  4. trogne Win User

I zipped the file from the original location, and unzipped them in my new pc.

Now the file is there, but if I run it, I get the same "Administrator" problem.

But I figured out why :

Without telling me, McAfee was blocking me.

Disabling Real-time Scanning let me use the file.

trogne, Aug 25, 2016
Thema:

1. require permission from Administrators - Similar Threads - require permission Administrators

2. You Require Permission From Administrators to Make Changes to This Folder

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    You Require Permission From Administrators to Make Changes to This Folder: I tried to delete Old windows folder from C drive and it shows You Require Permission From Administrators to Make Changes to This Folder https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/you-require-permission-from-administrators-to-make/c87727ee-59b0-4538-97d5-a486893d19c7
  3. You Require Permission From Administrators to Make Changes to This Folder

in Windows 10 Customization
    You Require Permission From Administrators to Make Changes to This Folder: I tried to delete Old windows folder from C drive and it shows You Require Permission From Administrators to Make Changes to This Folder https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/you-require-permission-from-administrators-to-make/c87727ee-59b0-4538-97d5-a486893d19c7
  4. You Require Permission From Administrators to Make Changes to This Folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. You Require Permission From Administrators to Make Changes to This Folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
  6. You Require Permission From Administrators to Make Changes to This Folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. You require permission from administrators to make changes to this folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    You require permission from administrators to make changes to this folder: Hello, I am trying to delete a file, but it gives me the notification, "You require permission from administrators to make changes to this folder", but I am the administrator. How do I give myself permission to delete this file?...
  8. You require permission from administrators to make changes to this folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    You require permission from administrators to make changes to this folder: Hello, I am trying to delete a file, but it gives me the notification, "You require permission from administrators to make changes to this folder", but I am the administrator. How do I give myself permission to delete this file?...
  9. Unable to delete folder as administrator. Requires permission from system.

Unable to delete folder as administrator. Requires permission from system.: I am trying to delete a folder on my computer, but am unable because I require permission from "system". I cannot delete it through powershell or the cmd, and cannot change the permissions on it "Failed to enumerate objects in the container. Access is denied." I am the system...
  10. Administrator Permission Required to Move Files

Administrator Permission Required to Move Files: Hi, Previously I have moved files without a problem, but this morning I wanted to 'move' a file off my desktop into a particular folder and have been unable to do so. The message I kept getting was that 'Administrator' permission was required to move the file. The problem I...