Windows 10: require permission from Administrators

Discus and support require permission from Administrators in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, There's two file I want to copy. But I get this : "You require permission from Administrators to make changes to this file". I'm the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by trogne, Aug 25, 2016.

1. trogne Win User

require permission from Administrators

Hi,

There's two file I want to copy.

But I get this :
    "You require permission from Administrators to make changes to this file".

I'm the administrator!
    So what can I do ?

:)

trogne, Aug 25, 2016
  2. Romel Ram Win User

Require permission from Administrators to remove folder.

Hi,

There is a possibility that the folder is encrypted or corrupted. Let's isolate the issue by performing the methods below:

Method 1:

Run System File Checker to resolve for file corruption. Click on this
    link
    for steps.

Method 2:

Free up space using disk clean up. Check
    here
    for steps.

Feel free to post back for the results.

Regards.

Romel Ram, Aug 25, 2016
  3. Romel Ram Win User
    Romel Ram, Aug 25, 2016
  4. trogne Win User

I zipped the file from the original location, and unzipped them in my new pc.

Now the file is there, but if I run it, I get the same "Administrator" problem.

But I figured out why :

Without telling me, McAfee was blocking me.

Disabling Real-time Scanning let me use the file.

trogne, Aug 25, 2016
Thema:

1. require permission from Administrators - Similar Threads - require permission Administrators

2. Administration Permission

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Administration Permission: Unable to delete or copy my files. As it shows you need to take permission from Administrator. How to correct the same. Also, I am the only user can I change my settings to unrestricted access so no such issue arises in future....
  3. Requiring Administrator's permission but I'm the only user??

Requiring Administrator's permission but I'm the only user??: Recently the PC's been saying I need Administrator's permission before saving a file into certain folders I've already created. I'm the only user and don't recall setting up any security guidelines on this. I'm not the type to wander through the entrails of my PC checking...
  4. administrative permission

in Windows 10 Customization
    administrative permission: My computer requires that I have administrative permission to download .dll files that I need for the Paint Shop Programs. But it is my computer and I am the administrator. What’s the matter?...
  5. I can't open anything that required administrator permission

I can't open anything that required administrator permission: When i try to open Advance System settings, a windows pop up said "Windows cannot find '%windir%\system32\systempropertiesadvanced.exe'. Make sure you typed the name correctly, and try again." The sound icon on my taskbar shown with red X but the sound still playing and can...
  6. Administrator permission

Administrator permission: I am unable to run diagnostics on the message is you may not have permission. I check it seems as if I am an administrator with full permissions. Pam Antrobus https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/administrator-permission/f0a5dd09-ad64-45b7-aec9-0d601d43ade3
  7. Unable to delete a particular folder. Error: "You require permission from Administrators to...

Unable to delete a particular folder. Error: "You require permission from Administrators to...: Windows Edition 10 Version 1809, OS build 18272.1000 After installing the latest creators update I have the following issue. When using Explorer to delete a folder that is not empty I always get this issue: "You require permission from Administrators to make changes to...
  8. Can't delete folder - Windows requires Administrator permission

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't delete folder - Windows requires Administrator permission: Hi, I have read through all instructions on how to grant myself permission and I am still having problems. I have downloaded totalcommand, installed take ownership, alternative filemanager to delete files using a gui. I have followed these instructions but come to a problem...
  9. Require permission from myself to delete folder

in Windows 10 Support
    Require permission from myself to delete folder: When I try to delete some folders it asks me to give administrator permission to delete it so I do then it tells me I require permission from MSI/BBass (myself) to make changes to this folder. This has happened for multiple folders in my steam folder. I've tried giving myself...
  10. Can't delete folder - Windows requires Administrator permission

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't delete folder - Windows requires Administrator permission: Hello, I try to completely delete a folder from C:\Program Files (x86), after I uninstalled the program it contained, but I get this message: "You require permission from administrators to make changes to this folder" But I am the administrator, no? Thanks *Smile 12525