Windows 10: Require Pin to add account

Discus and support Require Pin to add account in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; I have just created a new outlook account and I have just installed outlook. When trying to log-in it asks me for my windows pin. But I haven't set up... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by EmmaEvans3, Dec 4, 2020.

1. Require Pin to add account

I have just created a new outlook account and I have just installed outlook. When trying to log-in it asks me for my windows pin. But I haven't set up a windows pin yet. The internet is telling me to go to accounts and settings on my computer but that has my partner's account on. I can't add my own account here because again it wants my pin which I have never set up! Very confused - please help.

:)

EmmaEvans3, Dec 4, 2020
  2. Dyan Rey Win User

Microsoft Account PIN and password

We appreciate the screenshot that you provided. to start troubleshooting the issue with you logins, we suggest that you follow the steps below on how login pin goes back to password:

• Click Start menu and go to Settings.
    • In Settings, click the Accounts icon.
    • Click on Sign-in options.
    • Change both your password and pin one by one.
    Let us know how it goes.

Dyan Rey, Dec 4, 2020
  3. Account Pin -not sign in pin

Thank you for the clarification, Marcos. Please provide more information by answering the following:

• May I know if your child has his own Microsoft account?
    • Is he using his own Microsoft account to log in to the PC (PC where you want to install the game - let's name it PC 2) or is he using a local account?
    • Is it a standard user account or an account with admin rights?
    • If your child does not have a Microsoft account, whose account is logged in to PC 2? Is it your own Microsoft account?
    • Which Windows edition is it? Is it Windows Home or Pro?

Sorry about the list of questions. However, knowing these details will help us figure this out.

Please note that the Windows Store Licensing Model allows you to install apps across a number of devices and users. Windows 10 Store apps will be limited to 10 device installs using the same Microsoft account. However, before you can actually share
    your apps, there are a few things you need to do first.

If you are logged in to PC 2 using your own Microsoft account and not a local account, you will be asked to enter the PIN you set up for PC 2.

Require Pin to add account 7dbfca3a-95bc-40bd-b086-3f972996a27c?upload=true.png

You mentioned that you have created a PIN but it's not helping. Are you getting an error when entering the PIN? If so, can you send a screenshot of the error? If you are certain that you're using the correct PIN, I suggest deleting
    everything within the NGC folder and try to add a new PIN. Deleting this folder often resolves PIN issues in Windows 10. Please follow these steps:

1. Open File Explorer and browse to this location: C:\Windows\ServiceProfiles\LocalService\AppData\Local\Microsoft\NGC
    2. Delete everything within that folder. To do so, you must be logged in as an administrator.
    3. Go to Settings > Accounts > Sign-in Options.
    4. Click Add a PIN and add a new PIN for your account.

If you continue to have this issue even after performing the above steps, please reply to this thread. The system will notify me so I can get back to you and provide you more answers.

Aileen Alf, Dec 4, 2020
  4. Vesao Win User

Require Pin to add account

Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:

Vesao, Dec 4, 2020
Thema:

Require Pin to add account

1. Require Pin to add account - Similar Threads - Require Pin add

2. Unable to add PIN from account... because it requires my PIN?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to add PIN from account... because it requires my PIN?: [ Had to recreate my question as I had not replied to the response in time ]Hi,I recently performed a clean reset of my Windows 10 installation. I am now facing an annoyance where on login it asks for my account PIN rather than a password.However I do not have a PIN setup on...
  3. Unable to add PIN from account... because it requires my PIN?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to add PIN from account... because it requires my PIN?: [ Had to recreate my question as I had not replied to the response in time ]Hi,I recently performed a clean reset of my Windows 10 installation. I am now facing an annoyance where on login it asks for my account PIN rather than a password.However I do not have a PIN setup on...
  4. Unable to add PIN from account... because it requires my PIN?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Unable to add PIN from account... because it requires my PIN?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to add PIN from account... because it requires my PIN?: Hi,I recently performed a clean reset of my Windows 10 installation. I am now facing an annoyance where on login it asks for my account PIN rather than a password. However I do not have a PIN setup on my account.When I go to Settings -> Sign-in options -> Windows Hello PIN, I...
  6. Unable to add PIN from account... because it requires my PIN?

Unable to add PIN from account... because it requires my PIN?: Hi,I recently performed a clean reset of my Windows 10 installation. I am now facing an annoyance where on login it asks for my account PIN rather than a password. However I do not have a PIN setup on my account.When I go to Settings -> Sign-in options -> Windows Hello PIN, I...
  7. Unable to add PIN from account... because it requires my PIN?

8. Cannot add account to mail app because of PIN requirement

Cannot add account to mail app because of PIN requirement: Mail is asking for a PIN in order to add an additional outlook account to the app. This account has never been a device account, just a secondary mail I use so there is no PIN associated with the account. How do I add it to the mail app? Thank you for any and all help....
  9. Add a Pin to an existing MS Account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Add a Pin to an existing MS Account: I have two computers, a desktop and a laptop both running W10 Pro build 1909 using my MS account. When I set up the desktop I did so with a PIN. Didn't think to do that when I did the laptop. Is there a way at this late date to assign a PIN to the laptop -- preferably the...
  10. Account Requiring New Pin

Account Requiring New Pin: Hello, My laptop has told me that "My organization requires I set a new pin" twice in the past month while logging in. My issues are: 1 I am not associated with an "organization." This is my personal computer. 2 My desktop does not have this issue. It still has my...