Windows 10: Require sign in from sleep option missing

Discus and support Require sign in from sleep option missing in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; On a new Dell XPS 15 in "accounts" section of Windows 10 settings. I want to set it to "when PC wakes from sleep" in the "require sign in" section.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/gypsumfantastic_, Dec 25, 2019.

1. Require sign in from sleep option missing

On a new Dell XPS 15 in "accounts" section of Windows 10 settings.

I want to set it to "when PC wakes from sleep" in the "require sign in" section.

All that is listed is "never" or various time intervals.

Is there a way to enable it please?

Thank you.

submitted by /u/gypsumfantastic_
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/gypsumfantastic_, Dec 25, 2019

2. Cannot change the require sign-in options in sign in options

Hi Gerad,

I understand the inconvenience caused to you regarding the change of Required sign-in options but in RED is stated that "authentication is required when this pc awake from sleep and security policies on PC are preventing to change
    settings". I will certainly assist you.

Please answer the below question to assist you better.

Did you make any changes in the power options of the system?

Follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• Press Windows + X and then click on
      Control Panel.
    • Click on the Power options.
    • Click on Required a password on Wakeup
    • In the Password protection on Wake up click on
      Don’t required password.
    Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Anup Karkal, Dec 25, 2019
  3. password requirement after sleep

To assist you with your concern, you may refer to the steps below on how to skip password prompt after sleep:

• Go to Settings.
    • Click on Accounts.
    • Click on Sign-in options.
    • Choose Never from the drop-down menu under Require sign-in to complete the task.

Let us know how it goes.

Thank you.

Stephanie Sal, Dec 25, 2019
  4. ckyz Win User

Require sign in from sleep option missing

Require sign-in not working

Dell XPS13 with Windows 10 Home

Trying to change the 'Require sign-in' on the Sign-in options page does not work. Will automatically return to 'Never' when navigating away from the tab, and computer will wake from sleep without requiring any sign-in.

Any suggestions?

Thema:

Require sign in from sleep option missing

1. Require sign in from sleep option missing - Similar Threads - Require sign sleep

2. Never Option Missing from Require-Sign In

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Never Option Missing from Require-Sign In: We have a Windows 10 Pro mini PC set up to run a Novisign slide show in the main lobby of the Town Hall where I work. We want to stop it from going back to the Sign In screen every 15 minutes, but the "Never" option is missing from the Require Sign-In options and there is a...
  3. Never Option Missing from Require-Sign In

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Never Option Missing from Require-Sign In: We have a Windows 10 Pro mini PC set up to run a Novisign slide show in the main lobby of the Town Hall where I work. We want to stop it from going back to the Sign In screen every 15 minutes, but the "Never" option is missing from the Require Sign-In options and there is a...
  4. Never Option Missing from Require-Sign In

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. no "Require sign in " option

in Windows 10 Customization
    no "Require sign in " option: Hi I just had to totally wipe my pc and had win 10 reinstalled. I am now trying to get it back to the way it was. It seems there are different win 10 OS's out there. Anyway it has this irritating having to 'sign in' after sleep thing going on. I don't need a password just...
  6. sleep option is missing from power options

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    sleep option is missing from power options: all of a sudden the sleep option just disappeared one day when i started up my pc. i have been trying to fix this issue for 2 days and i feel like i've done every possible solution i have seen on the internet....
  7. 'Require sign-in' is missing from Sign-in Options

'Require sign-in' is missing from Sign-in Options: I want no lockscreen or sign-in screen when I open the lid of the laptop - I want it to just resume playing a video.I was told to tweak that missing option to solve the second problem....
  8. Sleep option missing from windows

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Sleep option missing from windows: Sleep option has been missing from my pc ever since i got it. It is a dell poweredge t30. I have googled and found a solution that said to Start > type in “Power & sleep settings” Click “Choose what the power buttons do” on the left side menu of the new window Click “Change...
  9. Sign-in options: Require sign-in "When PC wakes up from sleep" missing

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Sign-in options: Require sign-in "When PC wakes up from sleep" missing: Hello, I recently migrated from Windows 7 and am trying to mimic the experience I had in regards to sleep/wake. The way I have my power options set up is for the display to turn off after 10 minutes, and for it never to sleep on its own. If I want it to sleep, I'll press...
  10. require sign-in options

require sign-in options: require sign-in options windows hello is preventing some options from being shown I can't change the options. [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/require-sign-in-options/04fd9f89-fb14-4290-8728-d5eacc44a346

Users found this page by searching for:

1. require sign in windows 10 missing

2. require sign-in missing

3. your pc power settings are preventing some

4. require sign-in options missing,
  5. automatically sign in to windows from sleep,
  6. require sign-in missing windows 10