Windows 10: Require Sign-In function does not work on Win10 v1919

Discus and support Require Sign-In function does not work on Win10 v1919 in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Hi, I am not unable to set the Require Sign-In feature on my Windows 10 v1909. I need to set the Require Sign-In after when the PC wakes and I not... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by win10freak, Mar 27, 2020.

1. Require Sign-In function does not work on Win10 v1919

Hi,

I am not unable to set the Require Sign-In feature on my Windows 10 v1909.
    I need to set the Require Sign-In after when the PC wakes and I not able to do this.
    My laptop is all up to date as well.

:)

win10freak, Mar 27, 2020
  2. ckyz Win User

Require sign-in not working

Dell XPS13 with Windows 10 Home

Trying to change the 'Require sign-in' on the Sign-in options page does not work. Will automatically return to 'Never' when navigating away from the tab, and computer will wake from sleep without requiring any sign-in.

Any suggestions?

3. Lee101 Win User
    Windows 10 sign in requirement

Microsoft should make the W10 sign in requirement optional. I can understand the security necessity in an office or other working environment, but there are many situations where this type of security is not an issue and the sign in is just an added inconvenience.
    I was able to remove my W10 PIN Sign-in in at Sign in Options under Accounts. However, that created an even greater nuisance by requiring my Microsoft account sign in. I noticed an earlier post has outlined steps to remove the account sign in using netplwiz and some registry mods. Is this the way I should proceed now to get W10 to come from boots and sleep without human intervention ?

Lee101, Mar 27, 2020
  4. Require Sign-In function does not work on Win10 v1919

password sign in

Hi,

About your concern with typing the password after being idle, it is actually recommended to activate for security reasons.

If you wish to disable it, I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Settings.
    • Click on Accounts.
    • Click on Sign in options.
    • On the right side, you will see required sign in.
    • Change it to Never.

Let us know how it goes.

PreciousLeb, Mar 27, 2020
Thema:

Require Sign-In function does not work on Win10 v1919

1. Require Sign-In function does not work on Win10 v1919 - Similar Threads - Require Sign function

2. sign-in requirements

in Windows 10 Gaming
    sign-in requirements: Hello,Before the last recent update of Windows I would sign into my account either with my fingerprint or with my PIN. Since some days after the update, every time I scan my finger successfully my PIN is also asked to unlock Windows. I checked the sign in requirements in the...
  3. sign-in requirements

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    sign-in requirements: Hello,Before the last recent update of Windows I would sign into my account either with my fingerprint or with my PIN. Since some days after the update, every time I scan my finger successfully my PIN is also asked to unlock Windows. I checked the sign in requirements in the...
  4. sign-in requirements

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
  5. Require sign-in

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Require sign-in: I'm unable to change when my password or PIN is required to sign in. This is frankly quite annoying as my computer never leaves my house and I wish to disable password sign-in. For context, no my user account control settings are not too high and no I am not providing my...
  6. Require sign-in

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Require sign-in: I'm unable to change when my password or PIN is required to sign in. This is frankly quite annoying as my computer never leaves my house and I wish to disable password sign-in. For context, no my user account control settings are not too high and no I am not providing my...
  7. 'Require sign-in' setting is not working

'Require sign-in' setting is not working: I don't want to sign in every time my laptop goes to sleepor when I lock screen using Win+L so I changed the setting by going in Account->Sign-in Option->Require sign-in and made it to never. But still every time I lock screen it is prompting for password.I have tried other...
  8. Sign in Required

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Sign in Required: Sign in Required pop up for any document I try to save. "we can't upload or download your changes because your cached credentials have expired". Removed the requirement for the pin and now the sign in button only reopens the prompt that sign in is required. The same issue...
  9. Require sign in

Require sign in: I am unable to change require sign in. That field is greyed out and says, Windows hello is preventing some options from being shown. How do I change this? This is on a computer I just purchased. Thank you....
  10. brightness key working but not performing the required function

in Windows 10 Customization
    brightness key working but not performing the required function: Hello, I have an HP Ultrabook 820 G3. Its brightness keys are located at F5 and F6 but both are working but not performing their brightness increase/decrease functions. At the home page, the brightness keys scroll through the apps located at the taskbar but do not increase...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. win 10 v1909 set local account signin to password only