Windows 10: Require sign-in option in Sign in options roll back to "Never" randomly.

Discus and support Require sign-in option in Sign in options roll back to "Never" randomly. in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Hi, I recently bought this computer on Windows 10, and I quickly changed security settings : I set up a password, pin, lock screen background etc...But... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by dacapo777, Aug 14, 2021.

1. dacapo777 Win User

Require sign-in option in Sign in options roll back to "Never" randomly.

Hi, I recently bought this computer on Windows 10, and I quickly changed security settings : I set up a password, pin, lock screen background etc...But a settings keep changing : the one below...I always set this "require sign in" option to "When PC wakes up from sleep" but it regularly changes to "Never" even if I didn't change any other settings ! So does anyone have an answer to this odd bug In my opinion, it is a bug ? Thanks in advance !Dacapo,

:)

dacapo777, Aug 14, 2021

2. Cannot change the require sign-in options in sign in options

Hi Gerad,

I understand the inconvenience caused to you regarding the change of Required sign-in options but in RED is stated that "authentication is required when this pc awake from sleep and security policies on PC are preventing to change
    settings". I will certainly assist you.

Please answer the below question to assist you better.

Did you make any changes in the power options of the system?

Follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• Press Windows + X and then click on
      Control Panel.
    • Click on the Power options.
    • Click on Required a password on Wakeup
    • In the Password protection on Wake up click on
      Don’t required password.
    Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Anup Karkal, Aug 14, 2021
  3. Brink Win User
    Brink, Aug 14, 2021
  4. Require sign-in option in Sign in options roll back to "Never" randomly.

Sign-in options: Require sign-in "When PC wakes up from sleep" missing

I just tried step 4 in option 5 to disable require sign-in on wakeup. This changed nothing.

Again, the current behavior already does NOT require sign-in on wakeup. The desired behavior is for it to indeed REQUIRE sign-in on wakeup.

If anything, step 3 in option 5 would fix it, but as I mentioned in my last post, this did NOT fix it either.

Is there anything else I could try? If not, I will open a new thread where I state my original problem in more clear terms. Perhaps I gave too much information and it became confusing about what my issue was. I simply wanted to be thorough to eliminate the need for "try restarting your machine" or "have you changed this setting that does exactly what you want".

trevorshiloh, Aug 14, 2021
Thema:

Require sign-in option in Sign in options roll back to "Never" randomly.

1. Require sign-in option in Sign in options roll back to "Never" randomly. - Similar Threads - Require sign option

2. Never Option Missing from Require-Sign In

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Never Option Missing from Require-Sign In: We have a Windows 10 Pro mini PC set up to run a Novisign slide show in the main lobby of the Town Hall where I work. We want to stop it from going back to the Sign In screen every 15 minutes, but the "Never" option is missing from the Require Sign-In options and there is a...
  3. Never Option Missing from Require-Sign In

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Never Option Missing from Require-Sign In: We have a Windows 10 Pro mini PC set up to run a Novisign slide show in the main lobby of the Town Hall where I work. We want to stop it from going back to the Sign In screen every 15 minutes, but the "Never" option is missing from the Require Sign-In options and there is a...
  4. Never Option Missing from Require-Sign In

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. no "Require sign in " option

in Windows 10 Customization
    no "Require sign in " option: Hi I just had to totally wipe my pc and had win 10 reinstalled. I am now trying to get it back to the way it was. It seems there are different win 10 OS's out there. Anyway it has this irritating having to 'sign in' after sleep thing going on. I don't need a password just...
  6. 'Require sign-in' is missing from Sign-in Options

'Require sign-in' is missing from Sign-in Options: I want no lockscreen or sign-in screen when I open the lid of the laptop - I want it to just resume playing a video.I was told to tweak that missing option to solve the second problem....
  7. ''Require sign-in'' Option is gone?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    ''Require sign-in'' Option is gone?: I was just about to deactivate this annoying lock screen that I keep getting after opening the notebook. But I just noticed that the option is no longer available. But I remember that I deactivated annoying lock screen on my Desktop-PC with this option....
  8. require sign-in options

require sign-in options: require sign-in options windows hello is preventing some options from being shown I can't change the options. [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/require-sign-in-options/04fd9f89-fb14-4290-8728-d5eacc44a346
  9. "Require sign-in" options, under "Settings/Account/Sign-in options" are dimmed and...

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    "Require sign-in" options, under "Settings/Account/Sign-in options" are dimmed and...: The options at "Require sign-in", the first setting at settings/accounts/sign-in options in Windows 10 Home ver. 1809; Build 1763253, are dimmed out. The dimmed out option on the drop down menu shows "Never", but is unchangeable. There is an accompanying message in yellow...
  10. roll back option

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    roll back option: ok if i log in my microsoft account on my windows 10 pc will it let me go back and i go to advance startup and press previous windows even though i delted my previous windows installation on my disk cleanup, also another question if i download windows 8.1 iso file and go back...