Windows 10: ''Require sign-in'' Option is gone?

Discus and support ''Require sign-in'' Option is gone? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I was just about to deactivate this annoying lock screen that I keep getting after opening the notebook. But I just noticed that the option is no... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/uffno, Oct 22, 2020.

1. /u/uffno Win User

''Require sign-in'' Option is gone?

I was just about to deactivate this annoying lock screen that I keep getting after opening the notebook. But I just noticed that the option is no longer available. But I remember that I deactivated annoying lock screen on my Desktop-PC with this option.

https://i.postimg.cc/j2WMhFh4/fuckwin.png

Windows 10 Pro 2004

I want to go to the desktop right after opening the notebook - just like on my desktop PC.

submitted by /u/uffno
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/uffno, Oct 22, 2020

2. Cannot change the require sign-in options in sign in options

Hi Gerad,

I understand the inconvenience caused to you regarding the change of Required sign-in options but in RED is stated that "authentication is required when this pc awake from sleep and security policies on PC are preventing to change
    settings". I will certainly assist you.

Please answer the below question to assist you better.

Did you make any changes in the power options of the system?

Follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• Press Windows + X and then click on
      Control Panel.
    • Click on the Power options.
    • Click on Required a password on Wakeup
    • In the Password protection on Wake up click on
      Don’t required password.
    Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Anup Karkal, Oct 22, 2020
  3. Brink Win User
    Brink, Oct 22, 2020
  4. ''Require sign-in'' Option is gone?

password sign in

Hi,

About your concern with typing the password after being idle, it is actually recommended to activate for security reasons.

If you wish to disable it, I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Settings.
    • Click on Accounts.
    • Click on Sign in options.
    • On the right side, you will see required sign in.
    • Change it to Never.

Let us know how it goes.

PreciousLeb, Oct 22, 2020
Thema:

''Require sign-in'' Option is gone?

1. ''Require sign-in'' Option is gone? - Similar Threads - ''Require sign in''

2. Require Sign-In options greyed out

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Require Sign-In options greyed out: My computer currently does not require a PIN/Password to log in when it wakes from sleep. I would like it to have this requirement. Unfortunately, the Sign-In option for "Require Sign-In" says "Never" and is greyed out so I can't change it. There is a message that says...
  3. Require Sign-In options greyed out

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Require Sign-In options greyed out: My computer currently does not require a PIN/Password to log in when it wakes from sleep. I would like it to have this requirement. Unfortunately, the Sign-In option for "Require Sign-In" says "Never" and is greyed out so I can't change it. There is a message that says...
  4. no "Require sign in " option

in Windows 10 Customization
    no "Require sign in " option: Hi I just had to totally wipe my pc and had win 10 reinstalled. I am now trying to get it back to the way it was. It seems there are different win 10 OS's out there. Anyway it has this irritating having to 'sign in' after sleep thing going on. I don't need a password just...
  5. 'Require sign-in' is missing from Sign-in Options

'Require sign-in' is missing from Sign-in Options: I want no lockscreen or sign-in screen when I open the lid of the laptop - I want it to just resume playing a video.I was told to tweak that missing option to solve the second problem....
  6. Unable to change the Require sign-in option

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Unable to change the Require sign-in option: My Sign-in options in Settings/Accounts is as below:The Require sign-in dropdown is set to Every Time and I am unable to change it. How can I change it?I am using Windows 10 Pro. Is there a security policy somewhere overriding this?...
  7. Require Sign-In options are greyed out

Require Sign-In options are greyed out: I just purchased a new dell xps 2-1 with Windows 10 home version 1903 installed. I am going crazy having to re-sign in every time my screen turns off. When I go into my account settings under sign-in options, the drop down menu under "require sign-in" is greyed out and...
  8. Are sign in options gone?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Are sign in options gone?: Before i updated my hard drive, i had the option to sign in with either a password or a pin #. Now i only have an option to sign in using a pin # and cannot use my password at all. Anyway to fix this or is this like an update?...
  9. require sign-in options

require sign-in options: require sign-in options windows hello is preventing some options from being shown I can't change the options. [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/require-sign-in-options/04fd9f89-fb14-4290-8728-d5eacc44a346
  10. Sign in options PIN complexity requirement

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Sign in options PIN complexity requirement: One of my Windows 10 home edition computers is requiring six digit signin PIN, where all my other accept 4 digit just fine. What is going on? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sign-in-options-pin-complexity-requirement/a7163d8a-85ba-4a22-af6f-5e555639d478