Windows 10: Require Sign-In options are greyed out

Discus and support Require Sign-In options are greyed out in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I just purchased a new dell xps 2-1 with Windows 10 home version 1903 installed. I am going crazy having to re-sign in every time my screen turns off.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by ChadKnight2, Jun 15, 2020.

1. Require Sign-In options are greyed out

I just purchased a new dell xps 2-1 with Windows 10 home version 1903 installed. I am going crazy having to re-sign in every time my screen turns off. When I go into my account settings under sign-in options, the drop down menu under "require sign-in" is greyed out and defaulted to "every time" and unable to be changed. There is a red message just above this that says "Windows Hello is preventing some options from being shown". I have tried lowering the UAC settings but still no luck. Any other options to not require a sign in every single time?

:)

ChadKnight2, Jun 15, 2020

2. Sign-in Options - Require sign-in options are greyed out - Windows 10

The require sign-in option in the sign-in options are greyed out.

Each time my pc wakes up it prompts for my password. this is a pain as i i have 2 pcs rigged toghether and when i am working on one the other goes to sleep.

i tried changing the options in all other places including in power options > no password after sleep , in screensaver setting.

All that is left is this setting.

dileepmatt, Jun 15, 2020
  3. Eric Ber Win User
    Require Sign-in option in Windows 10 is greyed out

Hi,

It seems that the UAC (User Account Control) settings has been set at the highest level that is why the require sign-in option is greyed out. For us to assist you better, kindly answer the following questions:

• Have you made any changes to your computer prior to this issue?
    • Which edition of Windows 10 is installed?
    • Which version and OS build number of Windows 10 is currently installed? To check, press the
      Windows key, type winver, and press the
      Enter
      key.

Meanwhile, you can try to lower down the UAC settings, one level, and check if you will still encounter the same issue.

We'll be looking forward to your response.

Eric Ber, Jun 15, 2020
  4. Tahir13 Win User

Require Sign-In options are greyed out

Require Sign-in option in Windows 10 is greyed out

Hi,

I am trying to change the Require Sign-in option from "When PC wakes up from sleep" to "Never" on Windows 10 BUT it's greyed out and wondering how I can change this option?

This option is in Settings -> Accounts -> Sign - in options -> Require Sign in (screenshot below).

Just to let you know that, I have already tried following but no success...

GPO

Password Protect the screen saver: Tired - it's not this policy

Require password when computer wakes up: Tired - it's not this policy

And we are not using any GPO on domain side to control these settings.

Local Admin

Login with local admin account on domain joined machine: still greyed out.

Login with local admin account on non domain joined machine: still greyed out.

Registry Keys

I have found the registry keys to change power saver settings but couldn't find any registry key which control this option.

All I am trying to disable "lock screen with password" when PC/laptop goes to sleep, I can change these settings from Power Settings but they doesn't work, it looks like Require Sign-in option keep over riding
    Power Settings.

Any help??

Require Sign-In options are greyed out a96d1c98-8f79-4a1f-a6db-4279df144bda.png

Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Windows Hello, lock screen & sign-in

Tahir13, Jun 15, 2020
Thema:

Require Sign-In options are greyed out

1. Require Sign-In options are greyed out - Similar Threads - Require Sign options

2. Require Sign-In Greyed Out

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Require Sign-In Greyed Out: Hello,There was an older thread but the advice is out-of-date. I am using windows 10 home edition. My camera doesn't support Hello Face. I do not have Local Group Policy Editor. I shut down my computer and when it booted up I had this issue. How can I turn off Require...
  3. Require Sign-In Greyed Out

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Require Sign-In Greyed Out: Hello,There was an older thread but the advice is out-of-date. I am using windows 10 home edition. My camera doesn't support Hello Face. I do not have Local Group Policy Editor. I shut down my computer and when it booted up I had this issue. How can I turn off Require...
  4. Require Sign-In Greyed Out

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Sign-in options all greyed out

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sign-in options all greyed out: G'day.Hopefully someone has seen this before. Searched for quite a bit and tried several options but unable to get Sign-in options back. User originally had login via personal Microsoft Account but when moved to Local account, issues appeared. User does have a Microsoft 365...
  6. Sign-in options all greyed out

Sign-in options all greyed out: G'day.Hopefully someone has seen this before. Searched for quite a bit and tried several options but unable to get Sign-in options back. User originally had login via personal Microsoft Account but when moved to Local account, issues appeared. User does have a Microsoft 365...
  7. Require Sign-In options greyed out

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Require Sign-In options greyed out: My computer currently does not require a PIN/Password to log in when it wakes from sleep. I would like it to have this requirement. Unfortunately, the Sign-In option for "Require Sign-In" says "Never" and is greyed out so I can't change it. There is a message that says...
  8. Require Sign-In options greyed out

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Require Sign-In options greyed out: My computer currently does not require a PIN/Password to log in when it wakes from sleep. I would like it to have this requirement. Unfortunately, the Sign-In option for "Require Sign-In" says "Never" and is greyed out so I can't change it. There is a message that says...
  9. Require Sign-In options greyed out

10. no "Require sign in " option

in Windows 10 Customization
    no "Require sign in " option: Hi I just had to totally wipe my pc and had win 10 reinstalled. I am now trying to get it back to the way it was. It seems there are different win 10 OS's out there. Anyway it has this irritating having to 'sign in' after sleep thing going on. I don't need a password just...