Windows 10: 'Require sign-in' setting is not working

Discus and support 'Require sign-in' setting is not working in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; I don't want to sign in every time my laptop goes to sleepor when I lock screen using Win+L so I changed the setting by going in Account->Sign-in... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by ARCHIKA SHUKLA, Jul 18, 2021.

1. 'Require sign-in' setting is not working

I don't want to sign in every time my laptop goes to sleepor when I lock screen using Win+L so I changed the setting by going in Account->Sign-in Option->Require sign-in and made it to never. But still every time I lock screen it is prompting for password.I have tried other methods which are mentioned in this posthttps://www.majorgeeks.com/content/page/how_to_turn_on_or_off_require_sign_in_on_wakeup_in_windows_10.htmlbut still it is asking for password.Kindly help me out.

:)

ARCHIKA SHUKLA, Jul 18, 2021
  2. ckyz Win User

Require sign-in not working

Dell XPS13 with Windows 10 Home

Trying to change the 'Require sign-in' on the Sign-in options page does not work. Will automatically return to 'Never' when navigating away from the tab, and computer will wake from sleep without requiring any sign-in.

Any suggestions?

3. Do Not Require Password Settings don't work on Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community. I understand the inconvenience you are facing. I will certainly help you with this.

I suggest you to refer to the below given steps and check if issue is resolved:

• Press Windows key + I and click on Account.
    • Click on Sign- in option in left panel.
    • Select Never from drop down menu under Require Sign-in
      section.
    • Check if it works.

Hope this information helps. Post back with updated issue details for further help.

Thank you.

Parth P Patel, Jul 18, 2021
  4. 'Require sign-in' setting is not working

Do Not Require Password Settings don't work on Windows 10

I have been looking at the different questions and answers on How to disable startup password in Windows 10.

I have tried all of the suggestions with no luck. What Now?

Longfeather1QJ, Jul 18, 2021
Thema:

'Require sign-in' setting is not working

1. 'Require sign-in' setting is not working - Similar Threads - 'Require sign in'

2. sign-in requirements

in Windows 10 Gaming
    sign-in requirements: Hello,Before the last recent update of Windows I would sign into my account either with my fingerprint or with my PIN. Since some days after the update, every time I scan my finger successfully my PIN is also asked to unlock Windows. I checked the sign in requirements in the...
  3. sign-in requirements

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    sign-in requirements: Hello,Before the last recent update of Windows I would sign into my account either with my fingerprint or with my PIN. Since some days after the update, every time I scan my finger successfully my PIN is also asked to unlock Windows. I checked the sign in requirements in the...
  4. sign-in requirements

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
  5. Require sign-in

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Require sign-in: I'm unable to change when my password or PIN is required to sign in. This is frankly quite annoying as my computer never leaves my house and I wish to disable password sign-in. For context, no my user account control settings are not too high and no I am not providing my...
  6. Require sign-in

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Require sign-in: I'm unable to change when my password or PIN is required to sign in. This is frankly quite annoying as my computer never leaves my house and I wish to disable password sign-in. For context, no my user account control settings are not too high and no I am not providing my...
  7. Windows Hello Blocks 'Require Sign-in' settings

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows Hello Blocks 'Require Sign-in' settings: This is to get info out to those that have been plagued by Windows 10 failure to support users that didn't buy their products or companies that didn't buy licenses or include all features for Windows 'Hello'. If you have a PIN and/or a fingerprint enabled, you can use...
  8. Sign in Required

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Sign in Required: Sign in Required pop up for any document I try to save. "we can't upload or download your changes because your cached credentials have expired". Removed the requirement for the pin and now the sign in button only reopens the prompt that sign in is required. The same issue...
  9. Require sign in

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Require sign in: I am unable to change require sign in. That field is greyed out and says, Windows hello is preventing some options from being shown. How do I change this? This is on a computer I just purchased. Thank you....
  10. Windows 10 Ignoring setting of "No Sign In Required"

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows 10 Ignoring setting of "No Sign In Required": Window 10 Home Version 1803 OS Build 17134.523 This desktop always plugged in This is the first operating system installed on the PC new hardware. There is only one account on the PC: administrator. I've been to: Settings\SignIn Options I have checked all my power...