Windows 10: Required guidance on building a kernel module like v4l2loopback on WSL2 and how to access...

Discus and support Required guidance on building a kernel module like v4l2loopback on WSL2 and how to access... in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I have the source code of v4l2loopback kernel module that works in Ubuntu 20 in a laptop. Now I am trying to compile the same code in Ubuntu 20 but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by usdkDhin, Apr 18, 2024.

1. usdkDhin Win User

Required guidance on building a kernel module like v4l2loopback on WSL2 and how to access...

I have the source code of v4l2loopback kernel module that works in Ubuntu 20 in a laptop. Now I am trying to compile the same code in Ubuntu 20 but inside WSL2. For that I am using this:make -C /lib/modules/$shell uname -r/build M=$PWD modulesThe problem is that /lib/module/ is empty. So I tried getting the headers using:sudo apt search linux-headers-`uname -r`Sorting... DoneFull Text Search... DoneBut nothing get's populated in the modules folderIs there anything I need to do in order that folder contains all required modules?

:)

usdkDhin, Apr 18, 2024
  2. Flaviu2 Win User

WSL2 for windows

I have failed into installing WSL for Windows. I have read here: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/win.../install-win10 how to do it, and at step 4:

1. Download the latest package:
      [COLOR=var(--text)][COLOR=var(--info-dark)] Note[/COLOR]
      If you're using an ARM64 machine, please download the ARM64 package instead. If you're not sure what kind of machine you have, open Command Prompt or PowerShell and enter: systeminfo | find "System Type".
      [/COLOR]
    2. Run the update package downloaded in the previous step. (Double-click to run - you will be prompted for elevated permissions, select ‘yes’ to approve this installation.)

I encountered:

Required guidance on building a kernel module like v4l2loopback on WSL2 and how to access... 298438d1600682026t-wsl2-windows-image.png

and

Required guidance on building a kernel module like v4l2loopback on WSL2 and how to access... 298439d1600682036t-wsl2-windows-image.png

What I did wrong ? I have the following W10 version:

Required guidance on building a kernel module like v4l2loopback on WSL2 and how to access... 298440d1600682100t-wsl2-windows-image.png

Another question: am I in the the right forum ?

Flaviu2, Apr 18, 2024
  3. GXC 2356 Win User
    GXC 2356, Apr 18, 2024
  4. Brink Win User

Required guidance on building a kernel module like v4l2loopback on WSL2 and how to access...

WSL2 will be generally available in Windows 10 version 2004

Source: https://devblogs.microsoft.com/comma...-version-2004/

Brink, Apr 18, 2024
Thema:

1. Required guidance on building a kernel module like v4l2loopback on WSL2 and how to access... - Similar Threads - Required guidance building

2. Required guidance on building a kernel module like v4l2loopback on WSL2 and how to access...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Required guidance on building a kernel module like v4l2loopback on WSL2 and how to access...: I have the source code of v4l2loopback kernel module that works in Ubuntu 20 in a laptop. Now I am trying to compile the same code in Ubuntu 20 but inside WSL2. For that I am using this:make -C /lib/modules/$shell uname -r/build M=$PWD modulesThe problem is that /lib/module/...
  3. Required guidance on building a kernel module like v4l2loopback on WSL2 and how to access...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Required guidance on building a kernel module like v4l2loopback on WSL2 and how to access...: I have the source code of v4l2loopback kernel module that works in Ubuntu 20 in a laptop. Now I am trying to compile the same code in Ubuntu 20 but inside WSL2. For that I am using this:make -C /lib/modules/$shell uname -r/build M=$PWD modulesThe problem is that /lib/module/...
  4. Accessing web server under WSL2 on the LAN

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Accessing web server under WSL2 on the LAN: I have a problem connecting to any service/port under wsl2 on my Windows 11 PC.It's running Windows 11 Pro version 23H2 OS build 22631.3085 and I am running WSL2 with Ubuntu 22.04.03 LTS. On the Windows side if I run a simple python web server via "python -m http.server 8080...
  5. Change wsl2 kernel

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Change wsl2 kernel: Hi I'm custom ROM builder, I have been using wsl2 from a longtime and it's perfect but it will be better and faster if I updated it's kernel, https://github.com/microsoft/WSL2-Linux-Kernel/releases/tag/linux-msft-wsl-5.15.123.1I found this kernel and I wanna apply it but idk...
  6. Change wsl2 kernel

Change wsl2 kernel: Hi I'm custom ROM builder, I have been using wsl2 from a longtime and it's perfect but it will be better and faster if I updated it's kernel, https://github.com/microsoft/WSL2-Linux-Kernel/releases/tag/linux-msft-wsl-5.15.123.1I found this kernel and I wanna apply it but idk...
  7. Accessing tftpd in wsl2 docker container

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Accessing tftpd in wsl2 docker container: Problem: Connect to tftpd in Docker from WSL2. Client tftp is running inside wsl2 ubuntu Server is tftpd-hpa running inside docker for windows started from wsl2 ubuntu Windows firewall should be irrelevant, however it is also disabled completelty Summary: I can udp...
  8. Microsoft Guidance for Vulnerability in Trusted Platform Module (TPM)

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft Guidance for Vulnerability in Trusted Platform Module (TPM): ADV190024 | Microsoft Guidance for Vulnerability in Trusted Platform Module (TPM) Security Advisory Published: 11/12/2019 Executive Summary This advisory addresses CVE-2019-16863. A security vulnerability exists in certain Trusted Platform Module (TPM) chipsets. The...
  9. Will WSL 2 support installing kernel modules?

Will WSL 2 support installing kernel modules?: This would be very useful and would make WSL almost indistinguishable from a Linux machine. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/will-wsl-2-support-installing-kernel-modules/43123aa7-9577-4b35-a5cd-49edd8aa0ac1
  10. Need guidance

Need guidance: My sister needs a program that will let her make a burnable dvd/cd for a birthday present. I have absolutely NO experience in this field of things so I figured I would ask here. This program should be able to import and string together .jpgs, some video clips, music files...