Windows 10: Required Help on Changing Window 10 License from Home to Professional

Discus and support Required Help on Changing Window 10 License from Home to Professional in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; This Incident happen after i tried to reset my laptop. Originally, my laptop has window 10 professional license on it. After i reset it, I didn't... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Timmy_YJ, May 1, 2020.

1. Timmy_YJ Win User

Required Help on Changing Window 10 License from Home to Professional

This Incident happen after i tried to reset my laptop.

Originally, my laptop has window 10 professional license on it. After i reset it, I didn't realized the laptop license was set to home edition. I have linked the license to my account and i know i still have it. Few days later, i tried to upgrade my main computer to window 10 and login my account. I realized my main computer's wallpaper was my laptop default wallpaper and i checked the license was window 10 professional.

In the end, i want my window 10 professional to be on the laptop instead of my main computer. I tried change my main computer license and reset my laptop to receive the window 10 professional instead. It didn't work. I don't have the product key due to its said linked to my account, so i can't enter any key.

Is there any way to force my laptop to have the professional instead?
    Things i have tried:
    -using generic window pro keydidn't work
    -tried using window 10 storesay i don't have upgrade
    -try resetdidn't work. kept using window 10 home license
    -called Microsoft support hang up me multiple times, say want to help. talk me a bit and hang up immediately

:)

Timmy_YJ, May 1, 2020
  2. Monk.e83 Win User

Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, May 1, 2020
  3. krimetal Win User
    Windows 10 upgrade license

The interesting question is that: the upgrade takes place before 29 of July. If I upgrade the PC (change the MB), and I transfer the Win 8.1 license to this new PC (cause 8.1 is retail FPP), will I be able to upgrade to Windows 10 for free? Or a upgrade license must be bought?

krimetal, May 1, 2020
  4. Required Help on Changing Window 10 License from Home to Professional

Using Windows 10 Professional Product key to Windows 8.1 Professional

You have to buy windows 8.1 Pro.

The Windows 10 key is only for Windows 10.

There is Downgrade Rights but you don't qualify for it as you bought Windows 10 Pro yourself and they only apply to OEM preinstalled Windows 10 OEM licenses (Dell, HP, etc)

Here is the information about Downgrade rights. It is an old Microsoft link which they removed but the information still apples>

Device Partner Center

Downgrade rights for Windows software
    The following OEM versions of Windows software are eligible for downgrade rights.

[table][tr][td]Windows 10 Pro includes downgrade rights to:
    • Windows 8.1 Pro
    • Windows 7 Professional
    [/td][td]Windows 8.1 Pro includes downgrade rights to:
    • Windows 7 Professional
    • Windows Vista Business
    [/td][td]Windows 7 Professional and Windows 7 Ultimate include downgrade rights to:
    • Windows Vista Business and Windows Vista Ultimate
    • Windows XP Professional, Windows XP Tablet PC Edition, or Windows XP x64 Edition
    Note Other OEM Windows 7 versions (for example, Windows 7 Home Basic and Windows 7 Home Premium) do not include downgrade rights.[/td][/tr][/table]

Note downgrade rights are only available as long as Microsoft provides support for that earlier version,
    as outlined in the
    Windows lifecycle fact sheet

Steps for an end user to downgrade Windows software

To downgrade eligible Windows software, end users must:

• Purchase a PC preinstalled with Windows software.
    • Accept the Microsoft Software License Terms.
    • Perform the downgrade process to the eligible downgrade product using the media/key from a genuine, previously licensed OEM or retail product.
    @@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

Microsoft no longer sells any edition of Windows 8.1.

try amazon.com, etc.

Warning:

You do not buy a Product Key by itself, as they are normally stolen/pirated, Volume Licenses which are not for private use, or MSDN keys which are not to be sold by the original subscription holder.

Make sure that you buy the complete sealed package (DVD, license)

How To Tell - Shop

Read Section: Beware of Product Keys sold separately.

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

Bill Smithers, May 1, 2020
Thema:

Required Help on Changing Window 10 License from Home to Professional

1. Required Help on Changing Window 10 License from Home to Professional - Similar Threads - Required Help Changing

2. Windows 10 Professional License used to activate Windows 10 Home trial

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Professional License used to activate Windows 10 Home trial: I have a Windows 10 Professional license from a laptop that I purchased a while ago. Recently, I built a new pc, which I installed the trial version of Windows 10 Home on. My plan was to transfer the license from the laptop onto the pc once I upgraded the laptop. I have,...
  3. Windows 10 Professional License used to activate Windows 10 Home trial

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 Professional License used to activate Windows 10 Home trial: I have a Windows 10 Professional license from a laptop that I purchased a while ago. Recently, I built a new pc, which I installed the trial version of Windows 10 Home on. My plan was to transfer the license from the laptop onto the pc once I upgraded the laptop. I have,...
  4. Windows 10 home to professional upgrade license activation failure

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 home to professional upgrade license activation failure: Hello,I upgraded my windows 10 Home installation to windows 10 professional. The home activation was activated with the original OEM license key, which I do not have anymore. Since upgrading to windows 10 professional, the OS has failed to activate. I've tried using the I've...
  5. Windows 10 home to professional upgrade license activation failure

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 home to professional upgrade license activation failure: Hello,I upgraded my windows 10 Home installation to windows 10 professional. The home activation was activated with the original OEM license key, which I do not have anymore. Since upgrading to windows 10 professional, the OS has failed to activate. I've tried using the I've...
  6. Windows 10 home to professional upgrade license activation failure

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
  7. Upgrade from Windows 10 Home to Professional

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Upgrade from Windows 10 Home to Professional: I recently purchased a refurbished cpu with Windows 10 Home installed. Wanted to upgrade to Windows 10 Professional. Put in product key but it didnt work. Now the computer is saying Windows is not activated....
  8. Windows 10 Upgrade from Home to Professional

Windows 10 Upgrade from Home to Professional: Hi, I bought a Dell Laptop with Windows 10 Home as the OS. Later I bought an Upgrade from Microsoft online and it worked well. Last night, somehow, my OS crashed and I had to download the original OS (Home Edition) from Dell OS Recovery Tool. Before installing the OS...
  9. Upgrading from Windows 10 Home to Professional

Upgrading from Windows 10 Home to Professional: Hello, I have a Windows 10 Pro product key from one Dell machine and have another Dell PC which has Windows 10 home installed. The Windows Home is a digital license. I upgraded it from Windows 7 when Win 10 was a free upgrade. I tried to activated the Win 10 Pro key on the...
  10. Windows 10 Professional [ License ]

Windows 10 Professional [ License ]: I recently bought a license key from Software Geeks online. But when I entered the Key , it didn't work. Has anyone had the same problem? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-professional-license/972414c3-9c68-434b-9942-559858598c3b"