Windows 10: Required help regarding UWP packaging

Discus and support Required help regarding UWP packaging in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi , I am trying to convert an application which has MSI installer to UWP Packaging. But I’m getting error in Version parameter though I have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Saranya M, Sep 7, 2018.

1. Saranya M Win User

Required help regarding UWP packaging

Hi ,

I am trying to convert an application which has MSI installer to UWP Packaging. But I’m getting error in Version parameter though I have specified the right version no of the app. Tried out multiple ways to resolve but unable to figure out. Below are the details.

• Installed Desktop app converter and completed Baseimage setup according to OS version.
    • The app which I try to convert is Zoom Rooms.

Syntax used to covert the application:

PS C:\> DesktopAppConverter.exe -Installer C:\Users\smuthu1\Desktop\Installer\ZoomRoomsInstaller.msi -Destination C:\Users\smuthu1\Desktop\Output\Zoomrooms -PackageName "UWPZoomrooms" -Publisher "CN=Zoom.us" -Version 3.6.66666.0616 -MakeAppx -Sign –Verbose

Getting below error in version parameter:

DesktopAppConverter : error 'E_MANIFEST_SET_PROPERTY_FAILED': Property 'Package.Identity.Version' in AppxManifest.xml

could not be set to the value '3.6.66666.616' given for parameter -'Version'.

I have tried to install the application locally and provided the specific version details. Also tried few additional version no’s to test if that works. But its fails with same error though I have specified the version which is matching.

PFB app screen shot for reference:

Error log:

Please assist to resolve this issue. Thanks!

:)

Saranya M, Sep 7, 2018
  2. 3Colors Win User

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Required help regarding UWP packaging :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Sep 7, 2018
  3. TCanuck42 Win User
    Building A Computer. Experts Help Please.

THanks for your suggestions. Just exactly how do you actually overclock the cpu. what steps are required?

TCanuck42, Sep 7, 2018
  4. TCanuck42 Win User

Building A Computer. Experts Help Please.

THanks for your suggestions. Just exactly how do you actually overclock the cpu. what steps are required?

TCanuck42, Sep 7, 2018
Thema:

1. Required help regarding UWP packaging - Similar Threads - Required help regarding

2. Help with Error 1720 Windows installer package

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Help with Error 1720 Windows installer package: I keep getting the same error. Help! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-windows_install/help-with-error-1720-windows-installer-package/1912986f-086a-4d3e-bb14-72d42189382a
  3. Dual OS Installation Help Required

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Dual OS Installation Help Required: Hopefully this is the right section to post this. I use my 2 laptops for djing and I want to be able to set up 2 instances of Windows 10 on one of the laptops so I can set it up with different software versions for testing. Therefore I'd like to create 2 partitions (i...
  4. Help required for Live Mail 2012

in Browsers and Email
    Help required for Live Mail 2012: I've just exported my Contacts as a CSV file from one computer to another, both Windows 10 & running Live Mail 2012. On the original PC, the contacts page shows columns containing name, email, mobile, home phone, notes which is great. After the transfer, my laptop only...
  5. Help and advice required

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Help and advice required: Hi all I'm after a little advice from someone with a little more experience with networking. My lad has figured out that if he changes his MAC address he can bypass parental controls. So, i figured set it up only to allow x MAC addresses. However i was limited to 16...
  6. Raid 0 help required.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Raid 0 help required.: I have a GT72 6QE Dominator Pro G laptop. Can i delete the recovery partition (120gb -THE W10 OS has 117gb) in the raid array, so i have more SDD storage (2x128 SDD in raid 0)? I was going to use a W 10 home install DVD disc(media creation) to delete the Recovery Partition by...
  7. Help required with Networking/router

Help required with Networking/router: Hope someone can help. I'm getting to grips with my new Cambridge CXN streamer. I'm ok with connecting an external USB stick to my PC as the CXN recognises this through my Windows 10 library. However, when I connect the stick to my (BT) router, although Windows sees...
  8. packaging

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    packaging: What comes in the box with the new motherboard. Need to return mb and forgot what is in the packaging. 67203
  9. Help regarding network and homegroup stuff

Help regarding network and homegroup stuff: Hello, Yesterday I upgraded from Windows 7 Home (I believe?) to Windows 10 using the manual upgrade program. It installed just fine. I'm running Windows 10 right now. Having a blast, liking it more than W7. Thing is, for some odd reason, I can't do too much stuff: -...
  10. Windows 10 Recovery Help required

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 Recovery Help required: Hi! I need to restore from a backup image. Firstly the restore from the original installation disc cannot find the image, even though there are at least 4 sat on various connected HDD's. Also, if I create a recovery drive on a USB stick, is that just another way to locate...