Windows 10: Required help regarding UWP packaging

Discus and support Required help regarding UWP packaging in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi , I am trying to convert an application which has MSI installer to UWP Packaging. But I’m getting error in Version parameter though I have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Saranya M, Sep 7, 2018.

1. Saranya M Win User

Required help regarding UWP packaging

Hi ,

I am trying to convert an application which has MSI installer to UWP Packaging. But I’m getting error in Version parameter though I have specified the right version no of the app. Tried out multiple ways to resolve but unable to figure out. Below are the details.

• Installed Desktop app converter and completed Baseimage setup according to OS version.
    • The app which I try to convert is Zoom Rooms.

Syntax used to covert the application:

PS C:\> DesktopAppConverter.exe -Installer C:\Users\smuthu1\Desktop\Installer\ZoomRoomsInstaller.msi -Destination C:\Users\smuthu1\Desktop\Output\Zoomrooms -PackageName "UWPZoomrooms" -Publisher "CN=Zoom.us" -Version 3.6.66666.0616 -MakeAppx -Sign –Verbose

Getting below error in version parameter:

DesktopAppConverter : error 'E_MANIFEST_SET_PROPERTY_FAILED': Property 'Package.Identity.Version' in AppxManifest.xml

could not be set to the value '3.6.66666.616' given for parameter -'Version'.

I have tried to install the application locally and provided the specific version details. Also tried few additional version no’s to test if that works. But its fails with same error though I have specified the version which is matching.

PFB app screen shot for reference:

Error log:

Please assist to resolve this issue. Thanks!

:)

Saranya M, Sep 7, 2018
  2. 3Colors Win User

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Required help regarding UWP packaging :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Sep 7, 2018
  3. TCanuck42 Win User
    Building A Computer. Experts Help Please.

THanks for your suggestions. Just exactly how do you actually overclock the cpu. what steps are required?

TCanuck42, Sep 7, 2018
  4. TCanuck42 Win User

Building A Computer. Experts Help Please.

THanks for your suggestions. Just exactly how do you actually overclock the cpu. what steps are required?

TCanuck42, Sep 7, 2018
Thema:

1. Required help regarding UWP packaging - Similar Threads - Required help regarding

2. Accidently deleted important UWP packages.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Accidently deleted important UWP packages.: I was trying to deep clean Windows, but I regret touching the WindowsApps folder. I forcefully deleted some of the folders which I thought weren't important. I did actually find the folders who represented the programs I had installed earlier, and aren't present anymore, so...
  3. Accidently deleted important UWP packages.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Accidently deleted important UWP packages.: I was trying to deep clean Windows, but I regret touching the WindowsApps folder. I forcefully deleted some of the folders which I thought weren't important. I did actually find the folders who represented the programs I had installed earlier, and aren't present anymore, so...
  4. Regarding additional information required on the Windows 10 IOT Board support package.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Regarding additional information required on the Windows 10 IOT Board support package.: Hi We are currently trying to port Windows 10 IOT Enterprise on a custom device which is based on iMX 93 board. We would like to modify the BSP files according to the custom board. It would be helpful if you could share any information regarding the structure of the BSP...
  5. Regarding additional information required on the Windows 10 IOT Board support package.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Regarding additional information required on the Windows 10 IOT Board support package.: Hi We are currently trying to port Windows 10 IOT Enterprise on a custom device which is based on iMX 93 board. We would like to modify the BSP files according to the custom board. It would be helpful if you could share any information regarding the structure of the BSP...
  6. Regarding additional information required on the Windows 10 IOT Board support package.

7. could someone help me bypass uwp login requirement

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    could someone help me bypass uwp login requirement: basically i installed roblox uwp version from a appx file because the sysadmin blocked all exes that are not whitelistedand when i go to sign into the Microsoft store it says this option is disabled by group policyis there a way to open roblox that i have installed using a...
  8. could someone help me bypass uwp login requirement

in Windows 10 Gaming
    could someone help me bypass uwp login requirement: basically i installed roblox uwp version from a appx file because the sysadmin blocked all exes that are not whitelistedand when i go to sign into the Microsoft store it says this option is disabled by group policyis there a way to open roblox that i have installed using a...
  9. could someone help me bypass uwp login requirement

10. Packages and UWP app folders have become encrypted

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Packages and UWP app folders have become encrypted: I don't not know how the encryption has happened. I have Windows 10 Home. The following folders have become encrypted C:\Program Files\WindowsApps C:\Users\[user]\AppData\Local\Packages D:\WindowsApps D:\WpSystem\[user]\AppData\Local\Packages New apps and files become...