Windows 10: required password reset

Discus and support required password reset in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I restarted my laptop this morning and a screen came up that I have not seen before. It said a password reset was required and asked for the last four... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by KayNeudecker, Jan 24, 2020.

1. required password reset

I restarted my laptop this morning and a screen came up that I have not seen before. It said a password reset was required and asked for the last four digits of my cell phone number. I then received a text and entered the code provided, which took me to a screen to enter my new password. I am asking about this because I have never seen anything like this from Microsoft.

:)

KayNeudecker, Jan 24, 2020
  2. P4-630 Win User

How to reset Windwos 8 Password?

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/what-do-forget-windows-password#1TC=windows-8

• If you've forgotten your Windows password, there are several ways to retrieve or reset it:
      • If your PC is on a domain, your system administrator must reset your password.
      • If you're using a Microsoft account, you can reset your password online. ...
      • If you're using a local account, use your password hint as a reminder.

P4-630, Jan 24, 2020
  3. Namslas90 Win User
    admin password?

You can reset the Admin Password using Windows XP repair; See Here for step by step.

*Toast :toast:

Namslas90, Jan 24, 2020
  4. required password reset

Enable Require password on Wake up Windows 10

To further troubleshoot the issue, we suggest disabling and
    enabling
    the Require a password on wakeup settings on your power plan
    by following the steps below:

• Open the Advanced power settings for your current chosen
      power plan
    • Click on the Change settings that are currently unavailable link.
    • Set the Require a password on wakeup settings to Yes
      or No, and click on OK.

Once done with the steps, let us know how it goes.

Jefferson Ore, Jan 24, 2020
Thema:

required password reset

1. required password reset - Similar Threads - required password reset

2. Turn off password reset requirement on Surface Laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Turn off password reset requirement on Surface Laptop: My Surface Laptop requires me to change my password on a regular basis and won't let me reuse old passwords. I'm not logging into a network. It's a personal device I use for taking notes and writing papers at college. I want to always use the same password. I thought I found...
  3. Turn off password reset requirement on Surface Laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Turn off password reset requirement on Surface Laptop: My Surface Laptop requires me to change my password on a regular basis and won't let me reuse old passwords. I'm not logging into a network. It's a personal device I use for taking notes and writing papers at college. I want to always use the same password. I thought I found...
  4. Network Folder Requiring Password - Password Requirement is Disabled.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Network Folder Requiring Password - Password Requirement is Disabled.: Unable to access network folder to PC on network. 2 PCs on a wired network running Windows 10 Home Edition.Both are signed in with the same Microsoft account.Searching for this issue shows resolutions in 2015 using HOMEGROUP, but that function has been discontinued and i am...
  5. Password Required, but Not Required yesterday ?!?!

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Password Required, but Not Required yesterday ?!?!: My mother-in-Law is now presented with a password screen. She says she never had to enter a password before. She doesn't know what it is. I went into F2 set up, and created an administrator password, but do not get an option for "Other User", so cannot use Administrator to...
  6. No password required.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    No password required.: Hi, just got my new broadband and router up and running and I was prompted to enter the wireless key password I was given into all my devices, except my PC, which automatically connected to my new WIFI without any prompt for the password. The network on my PC says 'secured',...
  7. Reset Dell Inspiron with no password and additional space required

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Reset Dell Inspiron with no password and additional space required: I just bought a Dell Inspiron, it's a long story but I have no password and I can't reset because additional space is required I'm wondering if there's another way to reset it?...
  8. Factory reset requires password but don't have it

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Factory reset requires password but don't have it: Why did the instructions for resetting my computer not say, "You will need your password, not your PIN for this process."????? I haven't used my password for a year and a half, but I have my PIN. However, that won't work!!!!! What do I do?...
  9. Password required

in Windows 10 Customization
    Password required: I have followed all instructions so that a password isn't required on my laptop. However, ever since the latest Windows 10 update, I have to type my password to get into Windows. For a number of reasons, I don't want to have to do that. What do I have to do to fix this?...
  10. Passwords not recognised, reset required

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Passwords not recognised, reset required: Hi, I need some help. I recently had a Windows update and on restart I was asked for the password. I tried my pin - but it was not accepted. I then used what I thought my password had been before I changed to using a pin but as it is a while ago I may have got it wrong...