Windows 10: Required Sign-In reset to via Windows Update recently?

Discus and support Required Sign-In reset to via Windows Update recently? in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; huh? All of the sudden ALL of my Windows 10 PC's needed a pin number/password when woken from sleep! Previously it was: If you've been away, when... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by rasmasyean, Oct 31, 2018.

1. Required Sign-In reset to via Windows Update recently?

huh?
    All of the sudden ALL of my Windows 10 PC's needed a pin number/password when woken from sleep!

Previously it was:
    If you've been away, when should Windows require you to sign in again?
    Never

All of the sudden, like every PC was set to:
    If you've been away, when should Windows require you to sign in again?
    When PC wakes up from sleep

So then I had to go into the administrator account (if not in one already) to reset this value to Never!

What the heck was that all about?

:)

rasmasyean, Oct 31, 2018
  2. 3Colors Win User

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Required Sign-In reset to via Windows Update recently? :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Oct 31, 2018
  3. Since recent update KB3200970 I cannot use nor setup a PIN to sign in and MS Office2016 disappeared

Thank you for the update. We suggest for you to reset the login PIN. Here are the steps:

• Click on the Start Menu and select settings.
    • Now select Accounts.
    • Next select the tab Sign-in option.
    • Click on I Forget the PIN and follow the on screen instructions.

Update us with the result.

PreciousLeb, Oct 31, 2018
  4. Required Sign-In reset to via Windows Update recently?

Windows 10 fails to update

When you finish testing the Avast suggestion, make sure that you restart your machine.

Then if the issue persists, please return to the trouble shooting list in post# 89

I think there are three steps that remain; the WU troubleshooter, reset WU components, and manual WU reset.

Slartybart, Oct 31, 2018
Thema:

Required Sign-In reset to via Windows Update recently?

1. Required Sign-In reset to via Windows Update recently? - Similar Threads - Required Sign reset

2. Recent windows 10 updates broke Settings > Accounts > Sign-in options > Require sign-in

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Recent windows 10 updates broke Settings > Accounts > Sign-in options > Require sign-in: Your recent windows 10 updates broke Settings > Accounts > Sign-in options > Require sign-in. Mine has always been set to never, and it used to work, but since the most recent update my PC requires my password every single time the screen shuts off. Not even when it goes to...
  3. Recent windows 10 updates broke Settings > Accounts > Sign-in options > Require sign-in

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Recent windows 10 updates broke Settings > Accounts > Sign-in options > Require sign-in: Your recent windows 10 updates broke Settings > Accounts > Sign-in options > Require sign-in. Mine has always been set to never, and it used to work, but since the most recent update my PC requires my password every single time the screen shuts off. Not even when it goes to...
  4. Recent windows 10 updates broke Settings > Accounts > Sign-in options > Require sign-in

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. sign-in requirements

sign-in requirements: Hello,Before the last recent update of Windows I would sign into my account either with my fingerprint or with my PIN. Since some days after the update, every time I scan my finger successfully my PIN is also asked to unlock Windows. I checked the sign in requirements in the...
  6. Require sign-in

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Require sign-in: I'm unable to change when my password or PIN is required to sign in. This is frankly quite annoying as my computer never leaves my house and I wish to disable password sign-in. For context, no my user account control settings are not too high and no I am not providing my...
  7. Require sign-in

Require sign-in: I'm unable to change when my password or PIN is required to sign in. This is frankly quite annoying as my computer never leaves my house and I wish to disable password sign-in. For context, no my user account control settings are not too high and no I am not providing my...
  8. Sign-in required & Unable to Update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Sign-in required & Unable to Update: I've been having two issues, which I am posting under the same subject because they could be related. For a little context these are on a relatively new Dell have had it less than a year with Windows 10, and it is only in the past few months that these issues have...
  9. Sign-in requirements in Windows?

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Sign-in requirements in Windows?: Split from this thread. I just bought a windows 10 PC, and it is a nightmare of hassles, and things I don't want, but can't get rid of. I'm already being synched to Google, but you're Requiring me to sign in with Microsoft email, Then Forcing me to let you synch with...
  10. Windows 1809 occasionally resets "require sign-in" option

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows 1809 occasionally resets "require sign-in" option: You know what, you Microsoft guys - I don't care who exactly, developers or managers - you are as little as micro and as weak as soft. Why Windows 1809 occasionally resets "require sign-in" option to "when PC wakes up from sleep"? Can you make anything in your own...