Windows 10: Requirement about Opening Browser

Discus and support Requirement about Opening Browser in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello, I want to avoid a Web control when I opted a browser. Help... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by ZauMorgan, Jan 16, 2019.

1. ZauMorgan Win User

Requirement about Opening Browser

Hello, I want to avoid a Web control when I opted a browser. Help

:)

ZauMorgan, Jan 16, 2019
  2. Bree Win User

Installing Flash opens Chrome instead of default browser

I use IE, Edge and Firefox, with IE as default browser. Edge/IE of course get Flash through Windows Update but periodically I have to install Flash for Firefox. I can confirm that the expected behaviour of the Flash installer is, on completion, to open your default browser at a page saying...
    This is just an advert, not a necessary step in the install, but it is labelled as 'Step 3 of 3'. Steps 1 and 2 were seen in Firefox, the browser I started the install from, as the first two steps in installing/updating Flash. The install requires the browser to be restarted to be complete, so it opens the 'Step 3' page itself in the default browser. It has always amused me that it opens IE and not the Firefox I was installing it for.

I don't have Chrome, so can't test the behaviour described, but I have never seen anything other than my default browser open. I've just tested reinstalling Flash in Firefox, only IE opened on completion.

3. edge browser won't open

Hi Michael,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

Please provide more information before we proceed

• Do you facing this issue only with few sites or with all websites?
    • Are you getting any error message when try to open?
    • Are you able to use other browsers on your system?
    • Is the Microsoft Edge Windows opens?

Step 1:

If Microsoft Edge browser opens, I would suggest you try clearing cache and cookies.

Follow the steps below:

• Click on the More actions (…) icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.

• Select Settings and click on
      Choose what to clear

• Check the boxes Browsing history,
      Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and
      files and click on Clear.
    Step 2: If the browser didn’t opens try running
    System File Checker.

System File Checker is a utility in Windows that allows users to scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restore corrupted files.

To perform SFC Scan, refer to the below link:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/929833

Note: Steps mentioned for Windows 8/8.1, will work fine with Windows 10.

Please do get back to us with the answers to assist you better with issue you are facing.

ThofikhAhamad, Jan 16, 2019
  4. Requirement about Opening Browser

BF4 Browser Utility

Requirement about Opening Browser LogoBrowser.png

New! BF4 Browser Utility v1.2

This Browser will reduce the amount of memory a regular browser uses to View the Battlelog. This browser works for BF3 and BF4. Enjoy! *Toast :toast:

Change Log v1.2
    • New Features
      • New Icon.
      • New Type "about:config" in the address bar and click "Go" or press Enter on your keyboard to display the list of preferences for the GeckoFX browser.
    • Improvements.
      • Code optimization
    • Fixed Issues in previous release
      • Fixed - On the update window when you click "Yes" to get the update would take you to the old "BF3 Browser Utility" page. Now it takes you to the correct page.
    Spoiler: Screen Shots
    Requirement about Opening Browser Main.jpg

Requirement about Opening Browser Refresh.jpg

Requirement about Opening Browser about.jpg

Spoiler: Previous Change Logs Change Log v1.1
    • New Features
      • New Switch to BF3/BF4 button.
      • New hyper-link to the Home thread in the About window.
    • Improvements.
      • Code optimization
    • Fixed Issues in previous release
      • Fixed - If Bf4 was open before the browser and the "Auto Refresh" was enabled the Battlelog page would not load properly.
    Spoiler: Bug alert No bugs in this release yet!
    Spoiler: BF4 Browser Utility Disclaimer Disclaimer
    • The "BF4 Browser Utility" is provided as is without any guarantees or warranty.
    • The author is under no obligation to provide support, service, corrections, or upgrades to the "BF4 Browser Utility".
    • The posted file is in no way associated with "techpowerup!". Please direct any issues or questions in this thread.
    • By executing or Downloading the "BF4 Browser Utility" you agree to these terms.
    Spoiler: Requirements Microsoft .Net Framework 4.5 - Download
    Download Here!

Mindweaver, Jan 16, 2019
Thema:

Requirement about Opening Browser

1. Requirement about Opening Browser - Similar Threads - Requirement Opening Browser

2. No browser will open on desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No browser will open on desktop: I have a desktop computer running Windows 10, this is its description:SkyTech Legacy - Gaming Computer PC Desktop - AMD 8-Core FX-8300 3.3 GHz, 120GB SSD, GTX 1060 3GB, 1TB HDD, 16GB DDR3, 970 Chipset Motherboard, WIN 10 Home GTX 1060 3G FX-8300 16GB 120GB SSDThere seem to be...
  3. Browsers not opening

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Browsers not opening: Ever since I installed the most recent windows update, I haven't been able to open any internet browser except for Microsoft edge. I have tried this with both google chrome and opera and they will open for about a split second and then immediately close itself. I have tried...
  4. About Browser

in Browsers and Email
    About Browser: Hello,1. Is it possible to stop those Adds all over any site I open. Adds open anywhere on the page. I close one - two others open, it starts to drive me crazy.2. What is the meaning of 'do not know how to name it', just managed to capture a short video attached here "Screen...
  5. About the opera browser

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    About the opera browser: Ok guys, is this true? Opera browser is a virus just because it slow's down my computer? because i will freak out if it is. <Animated GIF removed> * Moved from Virus & Malware...
  6. About the opera browser

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    About the opera browser: Ok guys, is this true? Opera browser is a virus just because it slow's down my computer? because i will freak out if it is.[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/about-the-opera-browser/3b1f1ead-9c27-41ea-b5c5-2952b1d45bd2
  7. Question About Microsoft Edge Browser

in Browsers and Email
    Question About Microsoft Edge Browser: I have used Opera for my browser for some time. What I really like about it is being able to open the browser with the Speed Dial page showing. Makes it extremely easy to select where you wish to go next from the icons shown on the page, along with their titles. Is there a...
  8. Question About Browser Security

in Browsers and Email
    Question About Browser Security: My bank's website recently stopped supporting browsers other than IE. I found a way around the fact that the login button doesn't work in my favorite browser, but after testing the sites other features, a question occurred to me. Are there likely to be any security issues...
  9. Browser opening

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Browser opening: Good morning, I have a question I have a 32 bit hp pc and a 64 bit hp pc on my desktop when I click my Firefox Icon for my browser to open it takes 25 seconds for my 64 bit browser to open and 8 seconds for my 32 bit browser to open.and I have both browsers setup the same and...
  10. question about Edge browser version

in Windows 10 Support
    question about Edge browser version: Hi *Smile I have Windows 10 Pro for my laptop and found today that the version of my Edge browser is different with my friend's. Edge on my laptop is 20.10240.16384.0 and my friend's is 25.10586.0.0. Both computers are running up to date Windows 10 Pro and both were...