Windows 10: REQUIREMENT FOR PASSWORD BITLOCKER TO UNLOCK HARDWARE DISK D

Discus and support REQUIREMENT FOR PASSWORD BITLOCKER TO UNLOCK HARDWARE DISK D in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi IT team, Please see my errors below, I already struggled to unlock my disk D after resetting my computer but it seems not to work. Could you... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by HungVu6, Feb 15, 2021.

1. HungVu6 Win User

REQUIREMENT FOR PASSWORD BITLOCKER TO UNLOCK HARDWARE DISK D

Hi IT team,

Please see my errors below, I already struggled to unlock my disk D after resetting my computer but it seems not to work.

Could you please advise/ help/provide my password bitlocker for unlocking my D disk at your soonest time because I'm under an urgent situation which need to handle right now.

Your prompt response is highly appreciated.

Best regards,

Tom

REQUIREMENT FOR PASSWORD BITLOCKER TO UNLOCK HARDWARE DISK D f0490218-210e-4758-bf09-b303d3480bf3?upload=true.png REQUIREMENT FOR PASSWORD BITLOCKER TO UNLOCK HARDWARE DISK D 1eba494f-644a-472d-8c64-59a261591bc5?upload=true.png

REQUIREMENT FOR PASSWORD BITLOCKER TO UNLOCK HARDWARE DISK D 0925cc46-d513-460b-9209-b2aaf359ce0c?upload=true.png

REQUIREMENT FOR PASSWORD BITLOCKER TO UNLOCK HARDWARE DISK D c1d253fb-747f-4ebd-a31c-6e813942c84b?upload=true.png

:)

HungVu6, Feb 15, 2021
  2. Viruzz Win User

HELP: Automatic BitLocker Unlock.

Thank you sir, ill try your solution.

Windows Auto unlock ONLY works in case you have Bitlocker on your system drive, because if your system drive is not encrypted auto unlocking other drives means loss of security.
    But in my case my system drive is Encrypted with hardware encryption that i password unlock during boot. So auto unlocking Bitlocker drives will do fine for me.

Viruzz, Feb 15, 2021
  3. Brink Win User
    Bitlocker Questions

Did you uncheck "Allow BitLocker without a compatible TPM (requires a password or a startup key on a USB flash drive)" in step 4?

Using "allow" is fine. You will specify using a PIN to unlock BitLocker at step 10.

It doesn't matter about your account password.

Brink, Feb 15, 2021
  4. Brian Cab Win User

My question is about bitlocker.

Hi,

To address your concern, You can try unlocking the hard drives through the elevated command prompt by following the steps below.

Unlock Drive using a Password

• Open command prompt as administrator.
    • Type the commands below. You will not be able to see the password while typing it in.
    manage-bde -unlock D: -password (for the D drive)

manage-bde -unlock F: -password (for the F drive)

3. Hit Enter key after typing in each command.

Unlock Drive using the Bitlocker Recovery Key

• Open command prompt as administrator.
    • Type the commands below.
    manage-bde -unlock D: -rp BitLocker Recovery Key (for the D drive)

manage-bde -unlock F: -rp BitLocker Recovery Key (for the F drive)

3. Hit Enter key after typing in each command.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Brian Cab, Feb 15, 2021
Thema:

1. REQUIREMENT FOR PASSWORD BITLOCKER TO UNLOCK HARDWARE DISK D - Similar Threads - REQUIREMENT PASSWORD BITLOCKER

2. Unlock Bitlocker

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unlock Bitlocker: I am trying to clone my computer to IDrive so I can wipe my computer and reinstall Windows 11. Hopefully that will clear up some issues I am having with my computer. It can't backup because files are bitlocked.I didn't know I had bitlocker but apparently I do. I went through...
  3. Correct Bitlocker password but failed to unlock drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Correct Bitlocker password but failed to unlock drive: please help me! very frustrating. I used Bitlocker on my OS drive and two days ago, I was prompted to input password to unlock it when restarting Windows. However, after inputting the correct password I am 100% sure it is correct as retrieved from my Microsoft account, with...
  4. Correct Bitlocker password but failed to unlock drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Correct Bitlocker password but failed to unlock drive: please help me! very frustrating. I used Bitlocker on my OS drive and two days ago, I was prompted to input password to unlock it when restarting Windows. However, after inputting the correct password I am 100% sure it is correct as retrieved from my Microsoft account, with...
  5. Unlocking Bitlocker

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Unlocking Bitlocker: Hi all I found this article on here , is this still the most update and easiest method to unlock bitlocker? I only want to partition a drive so that that data and apps are separate. If I do partition should I locked both drives after or is bitlocker only for the system drive?...
  6. bitlocker unlock

bitlocker unlock: my laptop is asking to unlock the drive using bitlocker recoery key https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bitlocker-unlock/52f11a10-ba88-4fed-b829-bf4cf22b6746
  7. Bitlock unlock?

in Windows 10 Support
    Bitlock unlock?: I'm just wondering what this is for on Bitlocker (unlock)? How do you use it? [img] 155432
  8. BitLocker not requiring password at boot. (Without TPM)

BitLocker not requiring password at boot. (Without TPM): I've recently installed bitlocker on my computer. Although windows says my C: drive is encrypted; I am not asked for my decryption password when i boot the computer. I get put straight into the login screen. I've done the necessary steps to enable bitlocker without TPM but...
  9. Bitlocker password 256 characters breaks unlocking

Bitlocker password 256 characters breaks unlocking: Hello I've run into a little problem with bitlocker password length. Somewhere I read that you can use up to 256 characters for the recovery password so I generated such a password via keepass. The bitlocker UI obviously had no problem with this. After restarting the system...
  10. Can't remove password required to unlock device

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Can't remove password required to unlock device: Every single time i unlock my device, i have to input either my PIN or my Password. I have gone into "All Settings", "Accounts", "Sign-in Options", and set "Require Sign-In" to "never". I have also gone into Control Panel, Hardware and Sound, Power Options, and Require...