Windows 10: Requirement to login to Microsoft to post this message

Discus and support Requirement to login to Microsoft to post this message in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; I use "Microsoft login" vice "Local login" on my Windows 10 PC. I was under the impression that would log me in to ALL Microsoft services. Why did I... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by GeorgeColumbo, Apr 22, 2020.

1. Requirement to login to Microsoft to post this message

I use "Microsoft login" vice "Local login" on my Windows 10 PC. I was under the impression that would log me in to ALL Microsoft services.

Why did I have to sign in to my Microsoft account again to post this question?

Not sure if this should be posted here or in some other subject/topic since it involves both "Start-up login" and "access to Microsoft".

:)

GeorgeColumbo, Apr 22, 2020

2. Microsoft Login

Hi Gourmage,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to perform Safe Mode with Networking and then try to change the password.

Method 1: Safe mode.

Please follow below steps:

• Click on power button at left bottom corner, press and hold
        Shift key and click on Restart.

• Click on Troubleshoot.

• Click on Advanced options.

• Click on Startup Settings.

• Click on Restart.

• Login to Microsoft Account and create a new administrator account.
    If you’re not able to login using Microsoft account then refer to below steps and check if it helps.

Method 2:
    Activate Inbuilt Administrator Account.

Follow the below steps:

• Click on power button at left bottom corner, press and hold
        Shift key and click on Restart.

• Click on Troubleshoot.

• Click on Advanced options.

• Click on Command Prompt and enter following command.

net user Administrator /active:yes
    Now reboot your system and login to inbuilt admin account and try to reset password for other account. Once you reset password login to other account and to deactivate inbuilt admin account enter following command in elevated command prompt.

net user Administrator /active:no

Hope these information helps, please get back to us for future support, we’ll be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Anil Madishetty, Apr 22, 2020
  3. Microsoft Account Login requirement

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Let me help you.

I would suggest you to switch your Microsoft account to a Local account first and then switch back to Microsoft account. Please refer to the following steps:

• In the Start search, type 'Settings and press
      Enter.

• Choose 'Accounts'.

• Under 'Your account', click
      'Disconnect' option available under your Microsoft account name.

• Follow the onscreen instruction to create a local account.
    Now, on the newly converted Local account, follow these steps:

• In the Start search, type 'Settings and press
      Enter.

• Choose 'Accounts'.

• Under 'Your account' click 'Connect
      to a Microsoft account'.

• Enter the Microsoft account ID and Password and click Next.
    Follow onscreen instruction.

Check if it resolves the issue.

I hope the information helps. If you need any further assistance, please feel free to contact us again. We will be happy to assist you accordingly.

Aswin_Anand, Apr 22, 2020
  4. Aaron_Sum Win User

Requirement to login to Microsoft to post this message

Not Able to login

Hi,

Thank you for posting to Microsoft Community.

Please confirm the following things for me.

1. Is your system connected to the internet? You can check this through the network icon at the bottom left corner of your login screen.
    2. What error message are you receiving when you login with your Microsoft account?

I would suggest you to login to
    http://login.live.com/
    with your Microsoft account and check if you are able to sign-in with your credentials.

If you are able to sign-in with your Microsoft account on the live website, you can follow the steps in this article to ‘Start
    your PC in safe mode in Windows 10
    ’, kindly follow the steps in the section ‘From the sign-in screen’ and check if you are able to login to your system.

We await your response.

Aaron Summith

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aaron_Sum, Apr 22, 2020
Thema:

Requirement to login to Microsoft to post this message

1. Requirement to login to Microsoft to post this message - Similar Threads - Requirement login Microsoft

2. How to delete this POST message malicious software in this POST message case using Windows...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to delete this POST message malicious software in this POST message case using Windows...: Delete all drivers malicious software, taking into account drivers to the software that is of the same king of the mouse drivers, etc. ;without deleting the rest of the OS malicious software ?; taking into account that malicious software is the kind of software that is of the...
  3. Login required.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Login required.: Before some changes I did, I find I have to signin with my microsoft acct to login on my own computer. How do I change back so i don't have to use a password. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/login-required/d16f9fdd-7547-40ba-b7b1-d2b03c1232ea
  4. Login required.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Login required.: Before some changes I did, I find I have to signin with my microsoft acct to login on my own computer. How do I change back so i don't have to use a password. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/login-required/d16f9fdd-7547-40ba-b7b1-d2b03c1232ea
  5. Login required.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Require login??

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Require login??: I've asked this question previously last April https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-set-how-long-until-screen-locks/1a1ce9ab-4739-48f4-8292-c4de376a7cf7. The topic has been closed so I can't reply to it.The replies were appreciated and let me set...
  7. Requirement to login to Microsoft to post this message

in Windows 10 Customization
    Requirement to login to Microsoft to post this message: I use "Microsoft login" vice "Local login" on my Windows 10 PC. I was under the impression that would log me in to ALL Microsoft services. Why did I have to sign in to my Microsoft account again to post this question? Not sure if this should be posted here or in some...
  8. Windows 10 login screen message PIN required

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows 10 login screen message PIN required: Dear MS, I am unable to get past the hello login screen. I am told my PIN is required to login yet below there appears the contradictory message ‘ something happened and your pin is unavailable ‘. I have tried reverting to fingerprint but am met with my PIN is required....
  9. login requirements

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    login requirements: how do I disable login requirements when I start or awaken my computer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/login-requirements/1889fcb9-742b-43d1-9a58-2af590abcb3a
  10. Excel is requiring login. Microsoft Account is requiring Windows Hello

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Excel is requiring login. Microsoft Account is requiring Windows Hello: I opened Excel today and it says "Unlicensed Product" and is asking me to sign in. I tried to login to my Microsoft account and it says that I am required to login via Windows Hello. In my settings, it says that Windows Hello is not available for my device....all of my...