Windows 10: Requires a restart to finish installing

Discus and support Requires a restart to finish installing in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have restarted my pc for many times and I have used the troubleshooter for many times.still it shows me in my update history the following.can anyone... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by PRITAMDAS28, Oct 4, 2018.

1. Requires a restart to finish installing

I have restarted my pc for many times and I have used the troubleshooter for many times.still it shows me in my update history the following.can anyone help me??

Feature update to Windows 10, version 1809

Requires a restart to finish installing

:)

PRITAMDAS28, Oct 4, 2018

2. Problem Re: KB4048954 patch Requires a restart to finish installing

I'm not ready to install Fall update yet. This pertains to the Nov 2017 cum. update. I have the exact same situation and see what this guy sees in windows update in the link below."I looked at update history and the above patch is marked as "Requires a restart to finish installing".No matter how many restarts KB4048954 says the same thing. Not home now to check on the fix referenced below but curious if anyone ran into the same thing. win 10 pro.

.KB4048954 patch Requires a restart to finish installing - Microsoft Community

I have since gone into windows update and un-installed KB4048954 and installed KB4055254. Both are cumulative updates from November the former the problem one was from earlier in the month and the latter is from later in the month. KB4055254 installed successfully and does not say that it needs to be restarted. First picture shows KB4055254 installed but I still see KB4048954 listed. In the second picture right below it If I go to uninstall updates I see KB4055254 which is good and I no longer see KB4055254 so I am assuming that it was successfully removed. I believe now that this is mostly an aesthetic thing for me. I would like to remove from the list of updates KB4048954 so that I no longer see "requires a restart." Right clicking it does no good. Anyone have a solution? TIA.

phaedruspress, Oct 4, 2018
  3. DavidY Win User
    Updates keep showing as 'require restart to finish installing'

Here's what I see:

Requires a restart to finish installing [​IMG]

Which both look good until I see this...

And it seems doing a restart doesn't help.

DavidY, Oct 4, 2018
  4. Allen305 Win User

KB4074588 Requires a restart to finish installing

I have a similar issue: Windows 10 Update View installed update history displays "Requires a restart to finish installing" for the KB4088776 Update, see the following screen capture:

Requires a restart to finish installing 1753cf89-cf34-47cf-9cc5-a55f30b8d2b3?upload=true.jpg

I have restarted the PC several times to no avail. I tried Windows Update Troubleshooter which reported finding and correcting an Update error: Updates waiting restart. Every time I run the Windows Update Troubleshooter, it reports the same error which
    it says it fixed. The "Requires a restart to finish installing" message persists. I downloaded the KB4088785 Update, but when executed, a message displays the update is already installed. The Windows Version 1709 (Build 16299.309) displays in Settings| About
    which is the correct version and build for the KB4088785 Update.

How do I complete the "Requires a restart to finish installing"??

Allen305, Oct 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Requires a restart to finish installing - Similar Threads - Requires restart finish

2. Can't update. 20h2 stuck on Requires a restart to finish installing

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can't update. 20h2 stuck on Requires a restart to finish installing: Hello there,I just got a new pc with 64 bit win 10 Home Ver 1709 os 16299.1127, i7 6700 @3.4GHz and after trying to update, I am getting \Your device is at risk because it's out of date and missing important security and quality updates. Let's get you back on track so Windows...
  3. Persistent "Requires a restart to finish installing" after most updates

Persistent "Requires a restart to finish installing" after most updates: Winver = Version 1909 OS Build 18363.900 Some time ago I noticed in my Update History that at least one update was signified asRequires a restart to finish installing although it does appear in the list of installed updates seen by clicking the "uninstall updates" list. I...
  4. system gives message that it requires restart to finish firmware.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    system gives message that it requires restart to finish firmware.: system gives message that it requires restart to finish firmware. when I tried to restart it it did show flash progress 100% and stayed that way forever not reacting on any buttons until i let it go out of power and started it again. not it still asks for restart but i am...
  5. Windows 10 1809 Update Requires a restart to finish installing

Windows 10 1809 Update Requires a restart to finish installing: Hello So I got the news that Microsoft pulled the 1809 update after users missing files. My laptop already downloaded the update and giving me "Windows 10 1809 Update Requires a restart to finish installing" in update history ! what should I do to cancel the installation ?...
  6. KB4284848 stuck at "Requires a restart to finish installing"

KB4284848 stuck at "Requires a restart to finish installing": Is there an way how to fix this issue? How do i stuck here? [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/kb4284848-stuck-at-requires-a-restart-to-finish/24d29903-906a-44a3-953d-067648a9e99c
  7. Problem Re: KB4048954 patch Requires a restart to finish installing

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Problem Re: KB4048954 patch Requires a restart to finish installing: I'm not ready to install Fall update yet. This pertains to the Nov 2017 cum. update. I have the exact same situation and see what this guy sees in windows update in the link below."I looked at update history and the above patch is marked as "Requires a restart to finish...
  8. Windows 10 Pro v1703 15063.674 "restart required to finish installing"

Windows 10 Pro v1703 15063.674 "restart required to finish installing": i already installed this update using the off-line method (windows10.0-kb4041676-x64_8dd145de3fc3b8ae42ec000c950c432580548b6e.msu) and i'm sure Window Update history listed as "Successfully installed" but now its saying "restart required to finish installing"! anyone else...
  9. Updates keep showing as 'require restart to finish installing'

Updates keep showing as 'require restart to finish installing': Clean install of W10 and many updates are showing as 'Requiring a restart to finish installing'. Despite several restarts and full shut downs this situation remains. Windows update itself says it is up to date. 7083
  10. Updates keep showing as 'require restart to finish installing

Updates keep showing as 'require restart to finish installing: i updated the other day, and after it was done it asked for a restart. i restarted it and when it came back up it said it needed to restart. i continued what i was doing and when i was done restarted the computer. this has been going on for several days. [img] After the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Feature update to Windows 10 version 1809 Requires a restart to finish installing

2. requires a restart to finish installing 1809

3. requires a restart to finish installing

4. 2020-02 requires a restrt to finish installing,
  5. windows 10 feature update require a restart to finish installing,
  6. windows 10 feature update 1903 requires a restart to finish installing,
  7. Windows 10 feature update version 1809 requires restart to finish installing issue,
  8. windows update requires restart to complete,
  9. windows update stuck on requires a restart to finish installing,
  10. windows update 1909 requires a restart to finish installing ,
  11. kb4534271 requires a restart to finish installing,
  12. windows update 1909 requires a restart,
  13. windows update requires a restart to finish installing,
  14. feature installation requires a restart,
  15. Feature update to Windows 10 version 1803 x64 2019-09B requires a restart to finish installing