Windows 10: "Requires further installation: Error Message for Seagate Backup Plus Slim Portage Storage...

Discus and support "Requires further installation: Error Message for Seagate Backup Plus Slim Portage Storage... in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I cannot complete my installation of a new portable drive. The drivers are updated per the troubleshooting I ran. At least I think they are. I am not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by VintageStunners, Jul 13, 2019.

1. "Requires further installation: Error Message for Seagate Backup Plus Slim Portage Storage...

I cannot complete my installation of a new portable drive. The drivers are updated per the troubleshooting I ran. At least I think they are.

I am not the most technically savvy person but I try.

Device SWD\WPDBUSENUM\{6860cd21-75d9-11e9-9e1b-184f32ce6650}#0000000000100000 requires further installation.

If anyone has any suggestions I will greatly appreciate it.

Gail

:)

VintageStunners, Jul 13, 2019

2. Seagate Backup Plus Slim and Windows 10

I am able to backup my files using Seagate Backup Plus Slim. Windows 10 tells me my Seagate software is up to date. However I keep getting notifications to backup my files on the Windows 10 Notifications Board. Also Windows 10 does not allow me to add
    my Seagate Backup as an external device and seems not to be registering that I am already backing up my files to an the external Seagate hard drive. Any suggestions?

GraemeBarry, Jul 13, 2019
  3. ChildrensAidSociety, Jul 13, 2019
  4. btarunr Win User

"Requires further installation: Error Message for Seagate Backup Plus Slim Portage Storage...

Seagate Backup Plus Slim 2 TB Launched

Seagate Technology plc (NASDAQ:STX) today announced the second generation of its sleek external storage lineup, Seagate Backup Plus Slim. With a svelte compact design and superspeed USB 3.0 interface, the Backup Plus Slim drive is the ideal storage solution to aggregate and back up valued photos, videos and other files despite being spread across numerous devices, social networks and personal computers.

This new offering includes the backup software, Seagate Dashboard, which made the first generation of Seagate Backup Plus drives so popular. The Seagate Dashboard software provides an easy one-click backup solution, but can also be set as a scheduled backup up as needed. Additionally, the Dashboard software will back up Facebook and Flickr albums to ensure that even video and photos shared through these networks are backed up and easy to find. Use the Save and Share features to download and upload content from these social media networks. Even all the photos you have been tagged in can be backed up from your social networks to the drive.

"Requires further installation: Error Message for Seagate Backup Plus Slim Portage Storage... 14a_thm.jpg

"Today, digital storage is important for everyone who uses a personal computer or a mobile device," said Scott Horn, vice president of global marketing for Seagate. "We are all creating content, whether that be photos from our last activity, video of a baby's first steps or a proposal for your next project. All of these files hold a special place of importance and Seagate is in the business of providing products that can store those valuable files."

"Seagate Backup Plus has been designed to make the chore of backing up as simple as possible. This compact, attractive external storage is hassle free and includes our Dashboard backup software for easy backup of social media albums, PC content and now even your mobile devices. Seagate is committed to continue our product innovation in order to provide our customers with the quality they expect and new benefits to address their current storage needs."

New for the Backup Plus family of external storage this year is the addition of a mobile backup application to provide protection for one's digital data on nearly every device. By simply installing the free Seagate Mobile Backup app on an iOS or Android mobile device, one can easily back up all of the pictures and videos from that device to the drive or a cloud service. While on a home network, content from mobile devices can be sent directly to the drive via a Wi-Fi connection. Cloud services such as Dropbox or Google Drive can be used for backup while on the road.

"Mobile devices account for the largest amount of captured video and photos today," said Chris Chute, research director for IDC's Worldwide Digital Imaging Practice. "Seven out of every ten pictures captured in 2013 were taken with a smartphone. As a greater portion of our memories are captured by the handheld devices, it becomes increasingly more important that these files be backed up either to a cloud service or locally."

Backup Plus external storage is available in a range of capacities to fit every size of job. The USB 3.0-powered, 2TB drive is the highest capacity drive fitting into a 12.1mm form factor. The metal-top case of these drives, available in red, blue, black and silver, is designed to resist scratches and fingerprints.

Pricing and Availability:
    Seagate Backup Plus storage is currently available from Amazon and Seagate.com by capacity: for Backup Plus Slim portable: 500GB Slim - $99.99, 1TB Slim - $119.99 MSRP, 2TB Slim - $179.99 and the 4TB Fast - $299.99.

The high-capacity Seagate Backup Plus desktop 3.5-inch is available in 2TB - $129.99, 3TB - $159.99, 4TB - $229.99. All prices are MSRP.

btarunr, Jul 13, 2019
Thema:

"Requires further installation: Error Message for Seagate Backup Plus Slim Portage Storage...

1. "Requires further installation: Error Message for Seagate Backup Plus Slim Portage Storage... - Similar Threads - Requires further installation

2. Seagate Backup Plus drive always spinning

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Seagate Backup Plus drive always spinning: Dear forum members, I recently purchased a 4TB Backup Plus series external USB disco. The disk, unlike another Toshiba drive, always remains active, even when it is not used. The power management feature in Windows is activated only when the computer goes in stand-by. I...
  3. Requires further installation message for Canon Scanner

Requires further installation message for Canon Scanner: Windows 10 does not seem to fully recognize my scanner, anymore. Windows Scan will see the scanner, yet when selected it errors with "Problem connecting to scanner." From the device manager, I go to Imaging Devices which has only my Cannon DR-2580C, which shows clean of...
  4. Requires further installation message for webcam

Requires further installation message for webcam: My Acer laptop camera does not focus properly. When hunting down a solution, I followed the Device Manager - HD WebCam trail, only to read this message: Device USB\VID_0BDA&PID_5621&MI_00\6&199da46c&0&0000 requires further installation. I am not a programmer, just an...
  5. backups usb seagate bup slim disk drive

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    backups usb seagate bup slim disk drive: What backups can I use to create an image on the Seagate bup slim disk drive. Computer is windows pro 64 bit UEFI. I think my problem is that the slim drive works only with mbr. Thanks for any help. 160854
  6. backups usb seagate bup slim disk drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    backups usb seagate bup slim disk drive: What backups can I use to create an image on the Seagate bup slim disk drive. Computer is windows pro 64 bit UEFI. I think my problem is that the slim drive works only with mbr. Thanks for any help. 160854
  7. Seagate T4 Backup Plus Hub

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Seagate T4 Backup Plus Hub: 7-10 days ago got this message on the screen [ATTACH] [ATTACH] Have looked on Seagates site, can't find a way to get past this, thinking it might be with Windows 10. Help....
  8. Seagate Backup plus portable storage

Seagate Backup plus portable storage: I have a Seagate Backup plus portable storage. I have been storing things like photos and word documents on it. For some reason, when I plug it in to my laptop now, the laptop does not see it, the indicator light comes on the Seagate portable storage device but the laptop...
  9. Seagate Backup Plus and Windows 10

Seagate Backup Plus and Windows 10: Hi, I am trying to install Seagate Backup Plus and do backup of HP PC - I keep getting repeated message "Backup failed- Some files are in use by another application or service" I've closed everything I can? Thanx in advance for any help ....
  10. Windows 10 Backup does not recognize Seagate Backup Plus Slim 2TB External Drive

Windows 10 Backup does not recognize Seagate Backup Plus Slim 2TB External Drive: Hi, I've been facing this problem for a long time now. Tried many options mentioned in various forums on the same topic but could not find a resolution that could work for me. Here is a brief description of my problem: 1) My Seagate Backup Plus Slim 2TB is showing up...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. WPD BUSENUM requires further installation

2. seagate backup plus fatal device hardware error message

3. seagate backup plus slim problems microsoft 10