Windows 10: Requires further installation message for Canon Scanner

Discus and support Requires further installation message for Canon Scanner in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Windows 10 does not seem to fully recognize my scanner, anymore. Windows Scan will see the scanner, yet when selected it errors with "Problem... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by JerryLap, Nov 25, 2020.

1. JerryLap Win User

Requires further installation message for Canon Scanner

Windows 10 does not seem to fully recognize my scanner, anymore. Windows Scan will see the scanner, yet when selected it errors with "Problem connecting to scanner."

From the device manager, I go to Imaging Devices which has only my Cannon DR-2580C, which shows clean of error icons. By right-clicking on it I can view the properties, then the event description, which has an item that says "device not migrated" & "driver service added". Below, in the information box is says "Device USB\VID_04A9&PID_1608\5&37b75243&0&2 requires further installation."

The scanner worked great the last time I used it, maybe 6 months ago. I have reinstalled the drivers, uninstalled & reinstalled the scanner from the device list. I have all current Windows updates. Scanner driver does not have any updates windows or Cannon. I have even tried to install and use it on another up-to-date computer, yet received the same issues.

1. Is there something else I could try?

2. Is this a NEW Windows 10 compatibility issue, if so, is there a fix?

Thank you for any help.

Jerry

:)

JerryLap, Nov 25, 2020

2. Canon Scanner LIDE 220

After upgrading to WIN 10 1709, access to the scanner is blocked with the message "You do not have the required privileges to access the specified folder. Code 9,244,3" Canon suggested changing the destination folder but that was of no help. Any suggestions?

Barry B-820, Nov 25, 2020
  3. Blackink Win User
    Canon PIXMA MX472 All-in-One - Scanner did not install

Like the previous poster suggested, unplug the USB cable from the printer and turn off the printer.
    Start the installation of the drivers, watch the install windows VERY CAREFULLY as there will be instructions as to when you need to plug the USB cable into the printer and turn the printer on.
    I ran into this exact scenario when I installed my printer after a Windows 10 Pro install (1909).
    The printer ran fine but when I tried to use the scanner, no dice...
    Printer is Canon MG6820.

The only other thing I can suggest if that doesn't work is to turn your firewall off, turn off any anti-virus software, and then do the driver installation again following the install windows VERY CAREFULLY.
    I had to do that step on a Windows 7 Pro PC in order for the scanner to work.

EDIT: Follow this link to see where I asked for help: Solved: MG6820 can't scan from the Operation Panel... - Canon Community

Good Luck.

Blackink, Nov 25, 2020
  4. Requires further installation message for Canon Scanner

Canon MG5350 scanner not working

The scanner in my Canon Pixma MG5350 has stopped working - I get a message "U network scanner EX cannot be found. Re-install scanner driver". I have re-installed all the drivers from Canon but still not working.

I have been in contact with Canon support who suggest that this is a windows problem and that even if I change my printer I will still not be able to scan.

I am on window 10 version 1809 build 17763.134

I would appreciate and help in resolving this issue

Thanks

John in the UK

John Page 32, Nov 25, 2020
Thema:

Requires further installation message for Canon Scanner

1. Requires further installation message for Canon Scanner - Similar Threads - Requires further installation

2. Device HDAUDIO... requires further installation.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Device HDAUDIO... requires further installation.: Hello everyone! I've been encountering a problem ever since I have booted up my PC this afternoon.My microphone will not pick up any noise. At first I thought it was the mute button on my headphones, my headphones are Razer Kraken X, but that didn't seem to be the case. Upon...
  3. Device HDAUDIO... requires further installation.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Device HDAUDIO... requires further installation.: Hello everyone! I've been encountering a problem ever since I have booted up my PC this afternoon.My microphone will not pick up any noise. At first I thought it was the mute button on my headphones, my headphones are Razer Kraken X, but that didn't seem to be the case. Upon...
  4. Realtek Audio Requires further installation

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Realtek Audio Requires further installation: Hello! My realtek audio device in device manager says it needs to further install something but I have no idea where it is. My pc has been acting up ever since I replaced my motherboard and I've been trying relentlessly to fix it. My main goal is to stream video games but...
  5. Device requires further installation.

Device requires further installation.: I have a Logitec C310 that worked fine in my old pc but shows a black screen for photo/video, but the mic still works. In device manager, under information, it says Device USB\VID_046D&PID_081B&MI_00\6&63bd8c8&2&0000 requires further installation. and I assume that is causing...
  6. Requires further installation message for webcam

Requires further installation message for webcam: My Acer laptop camera does not focus properly. When hunting down a solution, I followed the Device Manager - HD WebCam trail, only to read this message: Device USB\VID_0BDA&PID_5621&MI_00\6&199da46c&0&0000 requires further installation. I am not a programmer, just an...
  7. Device requires further installation

in Windows 10 News
    Device requires further installation: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]In case you encounter the error Device requires further installation while trying to connect an external device to your system, then this article may be helpful for you. Usually, external devices like USB sticks, headphones, speakers, etc. auto-install...
  8. Canon Scanner

Canon Scanner: When I start scanning a document, I get the message "Set the PC to start scanning." Where do I do that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/canon-scanner/f9575d64-acf0-4e9b-a831-0b4427d668c8
  9. Network Adapters Requires Further Installation

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Network Adapters Requires Further Installation: My laptop stopped connecting to any internet source (wifi, hotspot, ect.) and the troubleshooter and usual quick fixes didn't work. I checked the device drivers and it showed that some of the microsoft wi-fi direct virtual adapters were 't working. In the event log, it showed...
  10. Video driver requires further installation

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Video driver requires further installation: [img] I've updated my video driver, but the issue persists. 57194