Windows 10: Requires further installation message for webcam

Discus and support Requires further installation message for webcam in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My Acer laptop camera does not focus properly. When hunting down a solution, I followed the Device Manager - HD WebCam trail, only to read this... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by SusanBBA, Sep 13, 2020.

1. SusanBBA Win User

Requires further installation message for webcam

My Acer laptop camera does not focus properly. When hunting down a solution, I followed the Device Manager - HD WebCam trail, only to read this message:

Device USB\VID_0BDA&PID_5621&MI_00\6&199da46c&0&0000 requires further installation.

I am not a programmer, just an ordinary but fairly adept computer user. Can someone please tell me:

1. What this message above means? It is the last message on the list.

2. How to fix my camera focus, when the General tab says "This device is working properly"?

Thank you for any help.

SusanBBA

:)

SusanBBA, Sep 13, 2020

2. My integrated webcam is not connected and requires further installation

Hi Jack,

To resolve your issue regarding your webcam, we suggest that you follow the steps below:

• Press Windows logo key + S.
    • Type Troubleshooting and select it from the list.
    • Select Hardware and Sound.
    • Click on Hardware and Device, and start the troubleshooter.

Update us on the result.

Regards.

Angela Pun, Sep 13, 2020
  3. Webcam not working in Windows 10 Pro on Microsoft camera app and not on Skype

Hi,

Since you mentioned that you already reinstalled the driver for your webcam, we suggest that you perform these troubleshooting steps to resolve your concern:

Get back to us with the results of the suggested troubleshooting steps.

Kristoffer Abs, Sep 13, 2020
  4. WiIfred P Win User

install webcam on msi laptop

Hi 1papertiger,

This is Wil, one of the independent advisor, an expert with Windows 10 and a fellow Windows 10 user like you. I understand your concern about installing webcam on MSI laptops.

Most laptops have a built-in webcam on it, If it's not working, there's a problem with the driver or settings of it.

Step1: I request you to check for Hidden Devices in Device Manager. Please refer to these steps:

a. On the desktop, press Windows key + X and select Device Manager.

b. Click on View and select Show Hidden Devices.

c. Check for the webcam under Imaging Devices.

d. If the webcam is listed, then right-click on it and select Update Driver Software.

e. Select Browse My Computer for Driver Software and follow the prompted steps.

Step 2: Run the hardware troubleshooter and check if you receive any error messages.

a. On the desktop, press Windows key + W and type Troubleshooting.

b. Click on it and click on Hardware and Sound.

c. Click on Hardware and Devices and follow the prompted steps.

If the laptop doesn't have a built-in webcam on it, you would need to purchase an external webcam, plug it on your laptop and driver will download automatically.

I hope my suggestions help you. If you need further assistance please do reply back and I will respond as quickly as possible. Have a nice day.

Thanks,

Wilfred P.

Independent Advisor

WiIfred P, Sep 13, 2020
Thema:

1. Requires further installation message for webcam - Similar Threads - Requires further installation

2. Device HDAUDIO... requires further installation.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Device HDAUDIO... requires further installation.: Hello everyone! I've been encountering a problem ever since I have booted up my PC this afternoon.My microphone will not pick up any noise. At first I thought it was the mute button on my headphones, my headphones are Razer Kraken X, but that didn't seem to be the case. Upon...
  3. Device HDAUDIO... requires further installation.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Device HDAUDIO... requires further installation.: Hello everyone! I've been encountering a problem ever since I have booted up my PC this afternoon.My microphone will not pick up any noise. At first I thought it was the mute button on my headphones, my headphones are Razer Kraken X, but that didn't seem to be the case. Upon...
  4. Device HDAUDIO... requires further installation.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Realtek Audio Requires further installation

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Realtek Audio Requires further installation: Hello! My realtek audio device in device manager says it needs to further install something but I have no idea where it is. My pc has been acting up ever since I replaced my motherboard and I've been trying relentlessly to fix it. My main goal is to stream video games but...
  6. Requires further installation message for Canon Scanner

Requires further installation message for Canon Scanner: Windows 10 does not seem to fully recognize my scanner, anymore. Windows Scan will see the scanner, yet when selected it errors with "Problem connecting to scanner." From the device manager, I go to Imaging Devices which has only my Cannon DR-2580C, which shows clean of...
  7. Device requires further installation.

Device requires further installation.: I have a Logitec C310 that worked fine in my old pc but shows a black screen for photo/video, but the mic still works. In device manager, under information, it says Device USB\VID_046D&PID_081B&MI_00\6&63bd8c8&2&0000 requires further installation. and I assume that is causing...
  8. Device requires further installation

in Windows 10 News
    Device requires further installation: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]In case you encounter the error Device requires further installation while trying to connect an external device to your system, then this article may be helpful for you. Usually, external devices like USB sticks, headphones, speakers, etc. auto-install...
  9. Network Adapters Requires Further Installation

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Network Adapters Requires Further Installation: My laptop stopped connecting to any internet source (wifi, hotspot, ect.) and the troubleshooter and usual quick fixes didn't work. I checked the device drivers and it showed that some of the microsoft wi-fi direct virtual adapters were 't working. In the event log, it showed...
  10. Video driver requires further installation

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Video driver requires further installation: [img] I've updated my video driver, but the issue persists. 57194