Windows 10: Requires May 2020 update for downloading game

Discus and support Requires May 2020 update for downloading game in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I upgraded my windows 8.1 to a windows 10 a few months ago. A few days ago, I wanted to download among us on my pc from the Microsoft store. I have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Arrows_Creeper, Jan 4, 2021.

1. Requires May 2020 update for downloading game

I upgraded my windows 8.1 to a windows 10 a few months ago. A few days ago, I wanted to download among us on my pc from the Microsoft store. I have most of the requirements except one. It's saying that I require the May 2020 update while I installed my windows 10 on October. Do I have to wait for the January 2021 update or do I do something else.

submitted by /u/Arrows_Creeper
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Arrows_Creeper, Jan 4, 2021
  2. 3Colors Win User

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Requires May 2020 update for downloading game :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Jan 4, 2021
  3. Can't download Forza horizon 3

Hi Adrian,

There are several possible reasons as to why you're encountering issues with downloading a game from the Windows Store. Here's a list of the common factors:

• Corrupted app data
    • An outdated Windows 10 OS
    • Your Windows 10 device doesn't meet the game requirements.
    • There are software conflicts that occur during the download.

For us to determine the root cause of this issue, kindly answer the following questions:

• Are you encountering the same issue when downloading other digital contents from the Windows Store?
    • Are there any error messages when you try to click the download button?

In the meantime, we suggest running the Windows apps troubleshooter provided on this

link
    . This can help resolve issues with downloading, installing, and updating programs from the Windows Store.

Refer to this
    link
    for the steps on how to find out if a game will work on your Windows 10 device. The steps provided on that page can help determine if your system meets the game requirements.

Catherine Cus., Jan 4, 2021
  4. Requires May 2020 update for downloading game

Downloading games

Hi,

Install game in Compatibility mode

I would suggest you to install the game I compatibility mode and check: Follow these steps:

• Download the driver from the manufacturer’s website.

• Right-click on the driver setup file and click on
      ‘properties’.

• Click on the ‘compatibility’ tab and check the box
      ‘Run this program in compatibility mode for’ and select Windows 10 from the drop down menu and proceed with the installation. Once this is done, restart the computer and check if the issue persists

Hope it helps. Do contact us for further queries. We will be happy to assist.

Thank you.

Jenith_James, Jan 4, 2021
Thema:

Requires May 2020 update for downloading game

1. Requires May 2020 update for downloading game - Similar Threads - Requires May 2020

2. may 2020 update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    may 2020 update: how do i install an earlier update in history can only see updates for 2021. i would like to install may 2020 update. could anyone help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/may-2020-update/bea25d64-4623-4b77-bb69-772427cb21d5
  3. may 2020 update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    may 2020 update: how do i install an earlier update in history can only see updates for 2021. i would like to install may 2020 update. could anyone help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/may-2020-update/bea25d64-4623-4b77-bb69-772427cb21d5
  4. may 2020 update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. May 2020 download

May 2020 download: In settings the May 2020 upgrade will not download as it keeps telling me it is not ready for my device. I also have a red warning saying that my device is missing important security and quality files. No matter how many times I click on up date they do not appear. Why am...
  6. May 2020 update

May 2020 update: This is about my husband's laptop. After two days he finally managed to install the update only to find out he cannot use his computer. He cannot get into any applications and it just seems to be stuck in a loading loop. What does he have to do now? If he can manage to...
  7. No may 2020 update

No may 2020 update: I been using a PC which was brought in US and using in other countries thus is there any delay for getting updates. I've waiting for longer duration to see update of may 2020 in setting page any alternative to install. I mean any manual process.........
  8. May 2020 Update

May 2020 Update: OK, I goofed. I meant I've tried to download the May 2020 Update, but it remains unavailable to me. So, what am I missing? Thank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/may-2020-update/ae3af36a-8f34-4831-99ad-c32d08bcafba
  9. May 2020 update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    May 2020 update: how are having this problem May release of windows 10 failure again black screen 4 days working on update ready to go to Linux or back to 7 ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/may-2020-update/00b4f8e0-38c2-4c28-9e92-883c81349bd9
  10. May 2020 Update

May 2020 Update: Hello All, I just recently read about the May 2020 update. im a Windows Insider, and want to COMPLETELY opt out. not like delete my account from the insider program, I've decided i no longer wish to participate. how would i go to the May 2020 stable build. that is if the...