Windows 10: Requiring Administrator's permission but I'm the only user??

Discus and support Requiring Administrator's permission but I'm the only user?? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Recently the PC's been saying I need Administrator's permission before saving a file into certain folders I've already created. I'm the only user and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by RichardGrimes2, Mar 9, 2019.

1. Requiring Administrator's permission but I'm the only user??

Recently the PC's been saying I need Administrator's permission before saving a file into certain folders I've already created.

I'm the only user and don't recall setting up any security guidelines on this. I'm not the type to wander through the entrails of my PC checking boxes, turning things on or off that I don't understand just to see "I wonder what this will do?"

Any thoughts on what I may have done and how I can save things anywhere I want (into folders I've created) without having to get my own permission?

Thanks in advance..

:)

RichardGrimes2, Mar 9, 2019
  2. Marby Rey Win User

no administrator permission

Hi Ryan,

Let us assist you to have an Administrator permission. To start, follow the steps below to enable the Windows Super Administrator Account.

• Type CMD on the search box.
    • CMD will appear at top.
    • Right click on it, then choose Run as administrator.
    • Type this command & hit Enter: Net user administrator /active:yes.
    • After you enable the Super Administrator account, log out on your existing account then log into Super Administrator account.
    • On the Super Administrator account, you can now create an Administrator account or give Administrator permission on the existing account.

After you created an Administrator account, we suggest that you disable the Super Administrator account by following the same steps and using this command:
    Net user administrator /active:no.

Let us know how it goes.

Marby Rey, Mar 9, 2019
  3. administrator permissions needed

Hello,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

As per description, you are getting error message "THIS ACTION REQUIRES ADMINISTRATOR PERMISSIONS" using quick books.

I would suggest you to follow the method given below and check if that helps.

Method 1:

Try to run the application as an “Administrator” and check. Follow the steps mentioned below.

1. Right click the shortcut of the application or the main application.

2. Select
    properties.

3. Select
    compatibility tab and select "Run this program as an administrator."

If issue still persists try method 2,

Method 2:

User Account Control (UAC) notifies you before changes are made to your computer that require administrator-level permission. The default UAC setting notifies you when programs try to make changes to your computer, but you can change how often
    UAC notifies you. It might be that you have your computer to “Always notify”.

Always Notify:

You'll be notified before programs make changes to your computer or to
    Windows settings that require administrator permissions. This is the most secure setting.

To change the settings in User Account Control follow the steps mentioned below.

• Press Windows key + X key.
    • Select Control Panel.
    • Select User accounts.
    • then click Change User Account Control settings.
    • If prompted by UAC, click/tap on Yes.
    • Move the slider up or down to the setting for how you want to be notified by UAC, and click/tap on
      OK.
    Hope the information helps. Please let us know if the issue persist and we will be happy to assist you further.

Ashish Sondhi, Mar 9, 2019
  4. Requiring Administrator's permission but I'm the only user??

Windows 10 Administrator's Permission Needed. I AM THE ONLY USER!

Hi Quinton,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand your concern that you are unable to play the game Civilization IV Gold Edition after upgrade to Windows 10, we will help you with this issue.

Please do let us know the following information to understand the issue and assist you better:

• As you have already created new user account, have you tried to log-in with that account and access the game?
    • Is this issue confined only to the specific game?

I suggest you to try few of the below steps and check if it helps:

Step 1: I suggest you to check the number of user accounts created on your laptop and also to ascertain the administrator account.

• Press Windows + R key together on your desktop screen.
    • Type netplwiz and hit Enter.

Step 2: Enable Built-in administrator.

I suggest you to enable built-in administrator account, try to log-in with that account and access the game to check if there is any issues with the current user account.

• Press Windows + X key together on your desktop screen.
    • Click on Command Prompt (admin) to open
      Command Prompt.
    • Type the following command and hit Enter: net user administrator /active: yes
      (Check for the spaces)
    • Now log off from the current user and try to login to the administrator account that is enabled.
    Note: Please follow the same steps and type net user administrator /active: no to disable admin account after the troubleshooting is done.

Hope it helps. Try the above troubleshooting steps, reply to the post with an updated status of this issue and required information. We will be happy to assist you accordingly.

Deepika Gowda, Mar 9, 2019
Thema:

Requiring Administrator's permission but I'm the only user??

1. Requiring Administrator's permission but I'm the only user?? - Similar Threads - Requiring Administrator's permission

2. Unable to remove users - requires permissions

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to remove users - requires permissions: I want to remove all existing users in a PC. I am logged in as administrator. If there are multiple users on the machine, I am able to delete some but not others. With those I am unable to delete, it requires permissions although I am already logged in as administrator....
  3. Unable to remove users - requires permissions

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to remove users - requires permissions: I want to remove all existing users in a PC. I am logged in as administrator. If there are multiple users on the machine, I am able to delete some but not others. With those I am unable to delete, it requires permissions although I am already logged in as administrator....
  4. Unable to remove users - requires permissions

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. I'm The Administrator: I've lost some permission.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I'm The Administrator: I've lost some permission.: Hi. I'm not an expert, too. Well, that's it! I have no more access to many running tasks because not available. Here are attached two photos showing my enviroment and the usual error message.So, many thanks in advance. Cheers, greysmouth IT....
  6. I'm The Administrator: I've lost some permission.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I'm The Administrator: I've lost some permission.: Hi. I'm not an expert, too. Well, that's it! I have no more access to many running tasks because not available. Here are attached two photos showing my enviroment and the usual error message.So, many thanks in advance. Cheers, greysmouth IT....
  7. I'm The Administrator: I've lost some permission.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Administrator Permission Required to Move Files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Administrator Permission Required to Move Files: Hi, Previously I have moved files without a problem, but this morning I wanted to 'move' a file off my desktop into a particular folder and have been unable to do so. The message I kept getting was that 'Administrator' permission was required to move the file. The problem I...
  9. Why need an User of "Administrator" group Administration permission?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Why need an User of "Administrator" group Administration permission?: Assume I work as user "peter". This User is member of Group Administrator. Now I want to edit and SAVE a simple text file in folder C:\Program Files (X86)\someprogramm\ When I try to save it on the original place (=overwrite the existing one) the Win10 tells me something...
  10. require permission from Administrators

in Windows 10 Support
    require permission from Administrators: Hi, There's two file I want to copy. But I get this : "You require permission from Administrators to make changes to this file". I'm the administrator! So what can I do ? 61571