Windows 10: requiring sign in to email every few days

Discus and support requiring sign in to email every few days in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; I have 2 email ids that require me to sign in again every 3 or 4 days...all emails on the same overall account... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by DesignCharrette, Oct 12, 2019.

1. requiring sign in to email every few days

I have 2 email ids that require me to sign in again every 3 or 4 days...all emails on the same overall account

:)

DesignCharrette, Oct 12, 2019

2. password sign in

Hi,

About your concern with typing the password after being idle, it is actually recommended to activate for security reasons.

If you wish to disable it, I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Settings.
    • Click on Accounts.
    • Click on Sign in options.
    • On the right side, you will see required sign in.
    • Change it to Never.

Let us know how it goes.

PreciousLeb, Oct 12, 2019
  3. Rose W Win User
    Your Microsoft account needs you to sign in again-recent credentials

Yes the correct or current info is in the Settings/Accounts/Your email and accounts.
    The steps in the tutorial included signing in after deleting a listing. I couldn't see where that was relevant since its a second listing. It looks like I have to voluntarily do the 'sign in' so I can avoid doing that. I'm locked out for 30 days anyway.
    Perhaps its time to set up a stand alone user account in that laptop <grin> Too nerve wracking dealing with this MSAccount.

Rose W, Oct 12, 2019
  4. requiring sign in to email every few days

signing into microsoft account

Hi,

Thank you for getting back to us. We apologize for the delay in response.

I suggest you to follow the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Navigate to Start>Settings>Accounts.
    • In the left pane, click on sign-in options.
    • In the right pane select Never from the drop down list for the option
      Require sign-in.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Oct 12, 2019
Thema:

requiring sign in to email every few days

1. requiring sign in to email every few days - Similar Threads - requiring sign email

2. Every Day Sign In

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Every Day Sign In: I'm using the Chrome desktop browser on my PC.Someone, please tell me why I need to sign in every day to my MSN email or/and Microsoft Community site?When using the Firefox Desktop Browser there is no need to sign in to my MSN email. Firefox keeps me signed in.Sheilah...
  3. Every Day Sign In

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Every Day Sign In: I'm using the Chrome desktop browser on my PC.Someone, please tell me why I need to sign in every day to my MSN email or/and Microsoft Community site?When using the Firefox Desktop Browser there is no need to sign in to my MSN email. Firefox keeps me signed in.Sheilah...
  4. Random BSODs every few days

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Random BSODs every few days: For the past few months I've been random BSODs for seemingly no reason, the computer isn't being stressed or doing anything 'unique' at the time it happens, the BSOD errors include : 01/06/23 : PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA01/03/23 : Memory Management : WARNING: Unable to...
  5. Random BSODs every few days

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random BSODs every few days: For the past few months I've been random BSODs for seemingly no reason, the computer isn't being stressed or doing anything 'unique' at the time it happens, the BSOD errors include : 01/06/23 : PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA01/03/23 : Memory Management : WARNING: Unable to...
  6. Random freezing every few hours or days, requires hard reset.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Random freezing every few hours or days, requires hard reset.: Nothing of note in the Event Log. OS is fully updated (this has been happening for a while). BIOS memory check ok. Chkdsk okay. This is an HP desktop purchased in 2018. I even took it into my local shop, and they are scratching their heads. HP refuses to troubleshoot...
  7. Getting BSODs Every Few Days

Getting BSODs Every Few Days: Hi, For the past 6 months I have been getting the odd BSOD on Windows 10. I've updated all drivers I could think of and have run MemTest several times even overnight but my memory always passes with no errors. My hardware: CPU: Ryzen 3700X Motherboard: Gigabyte Aorus...
  8. BSODs Every Few Days

BSODs Every Few Days: Hello, I recently upgraded my PC with new mobo/gpu/cpu/ram, and have been having BSODs on and off since. They have only happened when I was away from the computer, so I didn't realize they were happening until one occurred while my wife was using Autodesk Revit. She has...
  9. Why are Windows updates requiring reboots every few days?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Why are Windows updates requiring reboots every few days?: In the past 2 weeks, at least 3 times I have logged on to my computer only to receive a notification that Windows will be rebooting my computer to install updates. This is extremely annoying. I leave many apps open all the time with work in progress. Having to reboot my...
  10. Various BSODs every few days

Various BSODs every few days: Hello I have been getting random BSODs for the past couple weeks, been trying to figure it out on my own but I feel like it is time to ask for some help. Recently the BSOD had the error message KERNAL_SECURITY-CHECK-FAILURE. I rebooted with Driver Verifier and got the...