Windows 10: Rerouting XBox wireless adapter through pc / wifi

Discus and support Rerouting XBox wireless adapter through pc / wifi in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hi all, So my pc is in my office (at the top of the stairs) and I have 2 hdmi cables going from the office, through the loft and 1 into the master... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Chromey85, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Rerouting XBox wireless adapter through pc / wifi

Hi all,

So my pc is in my office (at the top of the stairs) and I have 2 hdmi cables going from the office, through the loft and 1 into the master bedroom and the other down into the living room (ground floor at the other end of the house), so I have an option of where I want to play games.

I play my pc games with an xbox one controller (non Bluetooth one) and what I have resorted to hanging the xbox controller adapter (with a cheap USB extension cable) out of the door and over the stairs (its a botch job and a half) and when inwas fiddling around with my pc, I noticed that the dongle is recognised as a wireless device but its not in the network section.

So that got me thinking, could the pc be tricked into sending the signal through my WiFi so I don't have to have the dongle dangling over the stairs?

I hope my question makes sense.

P.s: pc specs

Ryzen 3700x

Asus strix x470-f

32gb ddr4

Rtx2080 non super non ti

Thanks

submitted by /u/Chromey85
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Chromey85, Jan 20, 2021
  2. spunk Win User
    spunk, Jan 20, 2021
  3. ARC
    Arc Win User
    Xbox One Controller Wireless PC Adapter help.

Source: Connect Xbox One Controller to Windows PC | Xbox One Accessories

In this situation, these two links might be helpful to you:

4. Rerouting XBox wireless adapter through pc / wifi

Xbox Wireless Adapter not working

Hi Michael,

As you are facing with Xbox wireless adapter I suggest you to follow the troubleshooting steps from the link below and check if it helps.

Xbox Support

Please post back if you need further assistance, we will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Amrita Bhattacharjee, Jan 20, 2021
Thema:

Rerouting XBox wireless adapter through pc / wifi

1. Rerouting XBox wireless adapter through pc / wifi - Similar Threads - Rerouting XBox wireless

2. Xbox wireless adapter for windows

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Xbox wireless adapter for windows: The driver for this device has been blocked from starting because it is known to have problems with Windows. Contact the hardware vendor for a new driver. Code 48 Click 'Check for solutions' to send data about this device to Microsoft and to see if there is a solution...
  3. Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows: Hi.My xbox one controller won't pair to my xbox wireless adapter for windows on my pc. It was working fine and one day it just stopped.I uninstalled all the drivers and reinstalled them and it wont't pair. I also removed the xbox drivers from the network adapters and...
  4. Xbox wireless adapter

Xbox wireless adapter: Hey, so i just started to use my Xbox a bit more, more then my pc and had my headset paired to that rather than my pc xbox wireless adapter and all of a suddon the light doesn't turn on anymore and nothing will pair. It still shows up in device manger. I don't know what to do...
  5. Xbox Wireless adapter

Xbox Wireless adapter: Hello, everyone! So a while ago, I got my wireless xbox adapter, and it worked perfectly for good months. I haven't used it in a while now, and when I tried to open it, to pair it with the controller, it doesn't work. Doesn't light up and it's not in device manager. I don't...
  6. Xbox Wireless Adapter

Xbox Wireless Adapter: I have recently bought the Xbox Wireless Adapter for my laptop to pair my headset and it keeps on turning off or unpairing while there is no audio for a while. Is this normal?...
  7. Xbox Wireless Adapter

Xbox Wireless Adapter: I am having trouble getting the drivers for the wireless adapter to work. I followed tutorials online to download drivers from the https://www.catalog.update.microsoft.com/Home.aspx website, but when following the steps to install it, I just get this error message Windows...
  8. xbox wireless adapter

xbox wireless adapter: i have an issue with my wireless adapter i want let me install a driver https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/xbox-wireless-adapter/57facc99-f0a0-4ab3-ab8b-ef3a500d4ba6
  9. Xbox 360 Wireless Adapter

Xbox 360 Wireless Adapter: Hello, I am having issues with the Microsoft Xbox 360 wireless adapter to PC. It does not make a sound when plugged in, it does not show up on the device manger nor does it's LED light up. I have installed the drivers from this website...
  10. Wireless Xbox Controller Adapter for PC

Wireless Xbox Controller Adapter for PC: Yesterday I got a custom NZXT PC in the mail. I connected my Xbox One elite controller through the Bluetooth adapter and played successfully all day. Today, It would not connect to the Bluetooth adapter and I tried tons of things i found online which includes restarting,...