Windows 10: Rescheduling restarts

Discus and support Rescheduling restarts in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I'm not entirely happy that Microsoft demands that I accept all Windows updates (I'm running Win 10 Home), but I understand why they're doing it, and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by dimsais8, Aug 28, 2015.

1. dimsais8 Win User

Rescheduling restarts

I'm not entirely happy that Microsoft demands that I accept all Windows updates (I'm running Win 10 Home), but I understand why they're doing it, and accept it.

What's really bugging me is that my laptop keeps switching itself on at 2:30am in order to carry out a restart. If I've happened to look at the Updates tab and seen that a restart is required, I can change this to a more suitable time; however, if I've not spotted it, that's when it goes for. (Oddly, it says 3:30 in the options, but it's always 2:30).

Is there a way to override this time permanently, for a more convenient time (for me), such as 9:00am? The laptop's in my bedroom, so the brightness of the screen and the hum of the laptop restart not just the laptop, but me as well *Mad

:)

dimsais8, Aug 28, 2015

2. No control over when update causes a restart

And if you are not there to see any notifications or reschedule a restart ?

CaravelleMike, Aug 28, 2015
  3. Making rescheduling updates and restarting possible....

I want to reschedule restart times on my P.C. but the button giving me that option is greyed over. How can I make it usable?

JeremyHolloway12, Aug 28, 2015
Thema:

Rescheduling restarts

1. Rescheduling restarts - Similar Threads - Rescheduling restarts

2. Azure Fundamental exam cancellation/rescheduling

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Azure Fundamental exam cancellation/rescheduling: Hi, I cannot seem to be able to reschedule the Azure 900 exam from the link on this email- could I be given an alternative or just reschedule it since I am not able to do it this Friday, please? I would either like another coupon since I cannot cancel nor reschedule this and...
  3. Azure Fundamental exam cancellation/rescheduling

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Azure Fundamental exam cancellation/rescheduling: Hi, I cannot seem to be able to reschedule the Azure 900 exam from the link on this email- could I be given an alternative or just reschedule it since I am not able to do it this Friday, please? I would either like another coupon since I cannot cancel nor reschedule this and...
  4. Will i able to reschedule my test since test was closed in middle because of technical issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Will i able to reschedule my test since test was closed in middle because of technical issue: i was giving my test then procrator said he cant view my video camera was still on recording going on and my test was closed.Will i able to reschedule my test...
  5. Will i able to reschedule my test since test was closed in middle because of technical issue

Will i able to reschedule my test since test was closed in middle because of technical issue: i was giving my test then procrator said he cant view my video camera was still on recording going on and my test was closed.Will i able to reschedule my test...
  6. I tried to reschedule my exam 26 hours in advance due to extreme illness and it said I am...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I tried to reschedule my exam 26 hours in advance due to extreme illness and it said I am...: I called VUE before 24 hours and they were unable to assist and told me to reach out to Microsoft for further help. I would like to reschedule to 7/11. I can't find any contact number for Microsoft support and really need assistance ASAP....
  7. I tried to reschedule my exam 26 hours in advance due to extreme illness and it said I am...

I tried to reschedule my exam 26 hours in advance due to extreme illness and it said I am...: I called VUE before 24 hours and they were unable to assist and told me to reach out to Microsoft for further help. I would like to reschedule to 7/11. I can't find any contact number for Microsoft support and really need assistance ASAP....
  8. I cannot reschedule my exam dp 203 on sunday

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I cannot reschedule my exam dp 203 on sunday: I cannot reschedule my exam with Pearson Vue. I am scheduled to take exam DP-203 on sunday at 12:00 PM but need to reschedule it. I cannot connect my certification profile and manage this appointment. Please send me a DIRECT LINK to reschedule the exam or do it for me as I...
  9. I cannot reschedule my exam dp 203 on sunday

I cannot reschedule my exam dp 203 on sunday: I cannot reschedule my exam with Pearson Vue. I am scheduled to take exam DP-203 on sunday at 12:00 PM but need to reschedule it. I cannot connect my certification profile and manage this appointment. Please send me a DIRECT LINK to reschedule the exam or do it for me as I...
  10. I set a restart at the wrong time - can I reschedule it?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    I set a restart at the wrong time - can I reschedule it?: Hi, all. I'm still having problems with the Fall Creator's Update on two devices. As I haven't been able to get it to install on my machine, I do not want to attempt it yet on my mother's computer. Windows prompted me to schedule a restart, which I did for 3:30am on...