Windows 10: Rescue USB drive

Discus and support Rescue USB drive in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I want to make Thumb drive for an emergency startup in case of a crash. I can't remember how. I'm running Windows 10.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by RobertHalfacre, Jan 19, 2020.

1. Rescue USB drive

I want to make Thumb drive for an emergency startup in case of a crash. I can't remember how. I'm running Windows 10.

:)

RobertHalfacre, Jan 19, 2020
  2. Lazzer408 Win User

help. USB drive isn't assigned a drive letter.

Any usb flash drive I plug into my computer isn't assigned a drive letter. The physical drive shows in the "safely remove hardware" but it doesnt show up in disk management. I have tried to populate the volume thru the safely remove hardware properties window and it does pop up in the list but it doesn't stay there. This isn't a format or assign a letter problem. It's more complicated then that. Maybe one of the services needed for usb drive management was disabled? Suggestions needed. btw external usb harddrives work fine.

Lazzer408, Jan 19, 2020
  3. Mussels Win User
    HELP!!! External Drive issues!!

you're in luck, the guy with way too much external storage is here to the rescue!

step 1: try with a different USB cable

step 2: take the drive out of the enclosure and connect it internally to your PC

quite likely the cable or enclosure has died. if you're re-initialising the disk you might actually be erasing it... so dont do that.

Mussels, Jan 19, 2020
  4. Rescue USB drive

Want to create a bootable rescue usb flash drive

I tried kaspersky boot drive rescue disk file: kav_rescue_10.iso that I dd to the usb flash drive and it boots but it crashes when scanning. Is there a way to create these disks I think I got the idea from here long ago too. I need something I can use on any pc that can boot from the usb drive to act as a saviour drive thing. Also has to be able to update its database. my drive has 16gb and a write off switch. paid 7$ for it on ebay 2 years ago. the ready only switch works perfectly in my opinion but can't say for sure it can stand all forms of attacks against writing other than switching the switch by hand.

Miguel2013, Jan 19, 2020
Thema:

Rescue USB drive

1. Rescue USB drive - Similar Threads - Rescue USB drive

2. Rescue Drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Rescue Drive: I am using "Create a recovery drive" in Windows 10When a Rescue Drive is created, looking at the image above, are the partitions with the red arrows copied to the rescue drive.I have already created my recovery drive. Please I don't need a lesson in creating a recovery drive,...
  3. Rescue USB

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Rescue USB: Windows 10 home 2004. If I make a Macrium Rescue USB, does it have to be the only thing on that USB drive? Or can I put additional Macrium backups on it too? Thanks, cb 168966
  4. Macrium Rescue USB Won't Boot

Macrium Rescue USB Won't Boot: Today I received a new Alienware r11 PC, UEFI Firmware. I created a Macrium Rescue USB but when I tried to boot from it the option wasn't available. I've disable Secure Boot but other then that I've done nothing to the firmware since this is my first UEFI PC. These are the...
  5. Macrium Rescue USB Won't Boot

in Windows 10 Support
    Macrium Rescue USB Won't Boot: Today I received a new Alienware r11 PC, UEFI Firmware. I created a Macrium Rescue USB but when I tried to boot from it the option wasn't available. I've disable Secure Boot but other then that I've done nothing to the firmware since this is my first UEFI PC. These are the...
  6. Problem Creating Macrium Rescue USB Flash Drive

Problem Creating Macrium Rescue USB Flash Drive: Each of the Flash Drives i have tried, it gives an error, or won't create on the Drive. PC is Uefi, Windows 10 Pro 1909 x64, Windows 10 Clean installed on 12/25/2019 on newer SSD drive. Tried to create the usb flash drive then, but wouldn't create. Thankfully i only restore...
  7. USB drive suitability for Macrium Reflect Rescue media

USB drive suitability for Macrium Reflect Rescue media: Windows 10 ver. 1903 I want to make a rescue disk/bootable media in order to restore a Macrium Reflect disk image if disaster ever strikes. I have: 1. A usb thumbdrive with various folders and files. I'm not sure it's bootable. I don't want to lose the contents. 2. An...
  8. Prepare a USB drive for Rescue Disk on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Prepare a USB drive for Rescue Disk on Windows 10: I have my USB drive of 16 gb-- actually Win10 reads it as 14gb. To use this USB stick as the sole device for Rescue Repair, what is necessary to do the task? As mentioned the USB is recognized at This PC in Windows 10. But I'm getting an error when I try to do the routine....
  9. Macrium Bootable Rescue USB - why 1 Gb drive recomended!!

Macrium Bootable Rescue USB - why 1 Gb drive recomended!!: After installing Reflect I made a Rescue Media USB, however the only spare size I had was 4 Gb, and seeing the file are less than 250 Mb considered this was a waste of a thumb drive, especially as I have three different systems that each will require their own Rescue Media....
  10. Macrium Reflect rescue USB drive failure

Macrium Reflect rescue USB drive failure: Macrium rescue USB stick doesn't find the Precision Touchpad, rescue media loads without the cursor, I can not use the CD as my laptop doesn't have the DVD drive, any help is much appreciated. 68296