Windows 10: Rescue USB

Discus and support Rescue USB in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; Windows 10 home 2004. If I make a Macrium Rescue USB, does it have to be the only thing on that USB drive? Or can I put additional Macrium backups on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by abredt, Nov 23, 2020.

1. abredt Win User

Rescue USB

Windows 10 home 2004.
    If I make a Macrium Rescue USB, does it have to be the only thing on that USB drive?
    Or can I put additional Macrium backups on it too?
    Thanks, cb

:)

abredt, Nov 23, 2020
  2. sam9 Win User

Macrium reflect rescue usb problem

I tried your suggestion and USB is booting now. And as I said in the earlier post that making rescue USB with ver 5 also worked. But again the power button in rescue USB is not shutting down the PC but only restarting so how to take out USB so that it does not get damaged.

3. thraxed Win User
    Installing windows off of a USB stick

Step By Step from vista:
    From admin cmd prompt

1. diskpart
    1a. list disk
    2. select disk 1 (replace 1 with your usb drive)
    3. clean
    4. create partition primary
    5. select partition 1 (replace 1 with your usb drive)
    6. active
    7. format fs=fat32
    8. assign
    9. exit

Copy Windows Vista's DVD ROM content to the Flash Drive

xcopy d:\*.* /s/e/f e:\ (d being your vista cd and e being your usb stick)

And that's it, boot off your usb disk

thraxed, Nov 23, 2020
  4. Golden Win User

Rescue USB

Macrium Rescue Media for 2 Computers on same USB

I have two computers running Windows 10 x 64 Build 1909:

• Desktop
    • MacBook Bootcamp

The desktop is imaged using Macrium, with rescue media on a bootable USB thumbdrive.

I also want to image the Windows 10 installation on the MacBook using Macrium, but would ideally like to use the same rescue USB thumbdrive.

Is this possible? What is the best method to achieve this?

Golden, Nov 23, 2020
Thema:

Rescue USB

1. Rescue USB - Similar Threads - Rescue USB

2. Grub Rescue without installation cd or usb

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Grub Rescue without installation cd or usb: I have an old laptop with dual boot. I deleted the partitions and since there is no "bootable usb" optiononly disc option for Windows 7, I watched a youtube video to make a bootable usb drive. It went wrong. Long story short something went wrong and now I dont have a system...
  3. Grub Rescue without installation cd or usb

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Grub Rescue without installation cd or usb: I have an old laptop with dual boot. I deleted the partitions and since there is no "bootable usb" optiononly disc option for Windows 7, I watched a youtube video to make a bootable usb drive. It went wrong. Long story short something went wrong and now I dont have a system...
  4. USB flash driver is stopping my computer, when trying to read it, can i rescue the usb or...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB flash driver is stopping my computer, when trying to read it, can i rescue the usb or...: My situation is that a week ago, probably a bit more, I connected my USB to a computer at my university; the computer couldn't read it, and the computer didn't work while the USB was connected; I proceeded to eject, and after I removed, the laptop worked fine. Then I tried to...
  5. USB flash driver is stopping my computer, when trying to read it, can i rescue the usb or...

USB flash driver is stopping my computer, when trying to read it, can i rescue the usb or...: My situation is that a week ago, probably a bit more, I connected my USB to a computer at my university; the computer couldn't read it, and the computer didn't work while the USB was connected; I proceeded to eject, and after I removed, the laptop worked fine. Then I tried to...
  6. Windows won't boot without linux usb I enter grub rescue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows won't boot without linux usb I enter grub rescue: Hello, I tried to install parrot os on my usb. I succeded, but my laptop won't boot into windows without usb on which linux is installed. It says: unkown device:some numbers, unkown file system. When my usb is in the laptop, I get dual boot option, then I can boot into...
  7. Windows won't boot without linux usb I enter grub rescue

Windows won't boot without linux usb I enter grub rescue: Hello, I tried to install parrot os on my usb. I succeded, but my laptop won't boot into windows without usb on which linux is installed. It says: unkown device:some numbers, unkown file system. When my usb is in the laptop, I get dual boot option, then I can boot into...
  8. Do I need to make a new Windows 10 rescue USB for Windows 10, 22H2 update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Do I need to make a new Windows 10 rescue USB for Windows 10, 22H2 update: I often image backup the entire computer and windows rescue USB was created when it was Windows 21 H2 now it is updated to Windows 10, 22H2 should I make a new windows rescue USB?Any help will be appreciated.Thank you...
  9. Do I need to make a new Windows 10 rescue USB for Windows 10, 22H2 update

Do I need to make a new Windows 10 rescue USB for Windows 10, 22H2 update: I often image backup the entire computer and windows rescue USB was created when it was Windows 21 H2 now it is updated to Windows 10, 22H2 should I make a new windows rescue USB?Any help will be appreciated.Thank you...
  10. Do I need to make a new Windows 10 rescue USB for Windows 10, 22H2 update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade