Windows 10: Researchers discover seven new Meltdown and Spectre attacks

Discus and support Researchers discover seven new Meltdown and Spectre attacks in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; A team of nine academics has revealed today seven new CPU attacks. The seven impact AMD, ARM, and Intel CPUs to various degrees. Two of the seven new... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Nov 14, 2018.

1. Brink Win User

Researchers discover seven new Meltdown and Spectre attacks

Read more: Researchers discover seven new Meltdown and Spectre attacks | ZDNet

:)

Brink, Nov 14, 2018
  2. Jsssssssss, Nov 14, 2018
  3. DaveM121 Win User

Spectre and meltdown

Hi CMC69, below is a link that provides a list of the patches released and possibly installed on your system for Spectre and Meltdown:

https://www.techarp.com/guides/microsoft-spectr...

If these are installed, you can uninstall these from Control Panel - Programs and Features - View Installed Updates . . .

DaveM121, Nov 14, 2018
Thema:

1. Researchers discover seven new Meltdown and Spectre attacks - Similar Threads - Researchers discover seven

2. Spectre and Meltdown not enabling.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Spectre and Meltdown not enabling.: Hi, a couple of days ago I disabled Spectre and Meltdown on my Windows 11 22H2 Laptop and now I am trying to enable it again but I can't seem to get it to work. I have tried using a app called "InSpectre" to enable it but it didn't work and i also changed a couple of registry...
  3. Spectre and Meltdown not enabling.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Spectre and Meltdown not enabling.: Hi, a couple of days ago I disabled Spectre and Meltdown on my Windows 11 22H2 Laptop and now I am trying to enable it again but I can't seem to get it to work. I have tried using a app called "InSpectre" to enable it but it didn't work and i also changed a couple of registry...
  4. Spectre and meltdown test

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Spectre and meltdown test: Is there a way I can test for recent spectre vulnerabilities on win 10? All the tools I find online do not test for more recent issues submitted by /u/nocturnal_complex90 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/k4un5t/spectre_and_meltdown_test/
  5. spectre and meltdown

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    spectre and meltdown: After installed windows 10 1809 from 1709. I haven't perform any bios/uefi update except windows update. But inspectre program says microcode update available: yes instead of no. not to mention last time I performed bios/uefi update about 2 years ago. I'm...
  6. Question about Spectre and Meltdown

Question about Spectre and Meltdown: I recently updated windows 10 1809 from 1709. on topic, is my laptop spectre or meltdown proof. please explain this picture [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/question-about-spectre-and-meltdown/20b0315e-d783-4364-8721-91f662c97fb0"
  7. Spectre / Meltdown Looms?

Spectre / Meltdown Looms?: Maybe arriving soon? See http://www.securityweek.com/malware-...-flaws-emerges 103802
  8. Meltdown, spectre and old motherboard and CPU.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Meltdown, spectre and old motherboard and CPU.: I am running FCU Win 10 Pro on a MSI P35 Neo F v1 motherboard with Core 2 Duo E8400 CPU. I have ran the MS controlsettings script which informs me I am protected from Spectre by Windows Update but not Meltdown without a BIOS/Microcode update. As this is a 2008 motherboard...
  9. Spectre & Meltdown patches ruined it for me!

in Windows 10 Support
    Spectre & Meltdown patches ruined it for me!: Well as the title says the Spectre & Meltdown patches ruined the good experience I was having with my PC and it now feels like I am using a very old and out of date laptop. I must agree that my laptop is pretty old (HP Elitebook 8770W 5 years old). But I really never felt...
  10. Spectre and Meltdown: Cheat sheet

in Windows 10 News
    Spectre and Meltdown: Cheat sheet: What are the Spectre and Meltdown vulnerabilities, and how do they affect you? This essential guide will tell you everything you need to know about Spectre and Meltdown. Spectre and Meltdown: Cheat sheet - TechRepublic 103219