Windows 10: Resent windows update

Discus and support Resent windows update in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; After automatic update all windows apps do not work. IE mail, weather, photos or store. Nothing happens when I click the mouse on them? HELP also... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Brian613, Mar 14, 2019.

1. Brian613 Win User

Resent windows update

After automatic update all windows apps do not work. IE mail, weather, photos or store. Nothing happens when I click the mouse on them? HELP also nothing that setup is retained in memory.

:)

Brian613, Mar 14, 2019
  2. 3Colors Win User

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Resent windows update :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Mar 14, 2019
  3. AsRock Win User
    Windows Updates failed to instal

I'm not sure how differant XP media center Edition is but you could clear the history \ cache if these folders are there.

Step 1 Register DLL files.

=================

By trying this step, we can check if the update engines are working properly.

1. Close all instances of Internet Explorer.

2. Click Start and Run, type "Regsvr32 atl.dll" (without quotes) in the Open box and click OK.

Note: There is a space between regsvr32 and atl.dll

3. Similarly, one by one, register the files listed below:

Regsvr32 msxml3.dll

Regsvr32 wuapi.dll

Regsvr32 wuaueng.dll

Regsvr32 wuaueng1.dll

Regsvr32 wups2.dll

Regsvr32 wucltui.dll

Regsvr32 wups.dll

Regsvr32 wuweb.dll

Regsvr32 qmgr.dll

Regsvr32 qmgrprxy.dll

Regsvr32 jscript.dll

Note: If you encounter errors while registering any of these files then skip that file and continue with the next one.

If the issue persists, let's move on to the steps below to verify Windows Update services and temporary folders.

Step 2 Verify the relevant Windows Update services.

=========================================

1. Click Start->Run, type "services.msc" (without quotation marks) in the open box and click OK.

2. Double click the service "Automatic Updates".

3. Click on the Log On tab, please ensure the option "Local System account" is selected and the option "Allow service to interact with desktop" is unchecked.

4. Check if this service has been enabled on the listed Hardware Profile. If not, please click the Enable button to enable it.

5. Click on the tab "General "; make sure the "Startup Type" is "Automatic" or "Manual". Then please click the button "Stop" under "Service Status" to stop the service.

6. Then please click the button "Start" under "Service Status" to start the service.

7. Please repeat the above steps with the other services:

Background Intelligent Transfer Service

Event Log

Remote Procedure Call (RPC)

Note: Event log service is enabled on all of the hardware profiles; this service does not have an option to enable or disable on certain hardware profile.

If it still does not help, let's proceed to step 3.

Step 3 Reload the Update temporary folders.

===================================

One possible cause is that the temporary folder for Windows Update is containing corrupted files. Let's erase all the files there to get the system clean.

1. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Please run the following command in the opened window.

Net stop WuAuServ

2. Click Start, Run, type: %windir% and press Enter.

3. In the opened folder, rename the folder SoftwareDistribution to Sdold.

4. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Please run the following command in the opened window.

Net start WuAuServ

Please test the Windows Update website and let me know the result. If the issue persists, to clarify the issue and provide more accurate troubleshooting steps, please assist me in collecting the following information.

AsRock, Mar 14, 2019
  4. Resent windows update

windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Mar 14, 2019
Thema:

Resent windows update

1. Resent windows update - Similar Threads - Resent update

2. 2019-03 Update 1809

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    2019-03 Update 1809: Continuing messages that 'needs restart'. Have repeatedly restarted, sat thru install process--no error message, but install apparently fails as Update keeps showing 'needs restart'. I am not savvy enough to know what to do. Have tried to work thru KB4489868 but have no idea...
  3. This issue shows it was not updated since May 21 2019 and it is listed as investigating.I...

This issue shows it was not updated since May 21 2019 and it is listed as investigating.I...: Display brightness may not respond to adjustments Microsoft and Intel have identified a driver compatibility issue on devices configured with certain Intel display drivers. After updating to Window 10, version 1903, brightness settings may sometime appear as if changes...
  4. Missing screen resolutions after WIN10 1903 update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Missing screen resolutions after WIN10 1903 update: I have an older Sony portable PC with a Core2 Duo CPU and Mobile Intel 4 Series Express Chipset (MS WDDM 1.1) (GMA 4500MDH) video. This PC still meets my needs and the screen quality is still far better than the vast majority of portable PCs being sold today. This PC ran...
  5. Xbox One Preview Alpha ring 1907 System Update 190614-1928 - June 17

in Windows 10 News
    Xbox One Preview Alpha ring 1907 System Update 190614-1928 - June 17: Starting at 2:00 p.m. PST today, members of the Xbox One Preview Alpha Ring will begin receiving the latest 1907 Xbox One system update (Build: 19H1_RELEASE_XBOX_DEV_1907\18362.5031.190614-1928) This first update is meant to lay the groundwork for what’s to come in 1907, so...
  6. Xbox One Preview Alpha Skip Ahead 1910 Update 190613-1920 - June 17

in Windows 10 News
    Xbox One Preview Alpha Skip Ahead 1910 Update 190613-1920 - June 17: Starting at 2:00 p.m. PST today, members of the Xbox One Preview Alpha Skip Ahead Ring will begin receiving the latest 1910 Xbox One system update (Build: 19H1_RELEASE_XBOX_DEV_19H2HOLD_1910\18362.7176.190613-1920). DETAILS: OS version released:...
  7. Windows 10 June 2019 update deleted Windows 7 games

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 June 2019 update deleted Windows 7 games: Why did the latest Windows 10 update (June 2019) delete my Windows 7 games and put them in a 'windows.old' folder, a folder where dead programs go. Microsoft obviously made them no longer compatible. Why? Change it back! My father-in-law plays Solitare on my computer - now he...
  8. Color Management on older Toshiba with Windows 10 Update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Color Management on older Toshiba with Windows 10 Update: LAPTOP INFO: Toshiba Satellite C855D OS: Windows 10 Home So I've been trying to ensure all the color profiles on my workstation computers and printers are calibrated correctly and have while I think I've got the printer side of things working, the way the colors are...
  9. Windows 10 Update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Update: Hello, I updated my laptop yesterday and I can not access anything. It lights up well and when I enter my password, they take me to a "gray screen" with a single "recycle bin" icon; It will not do anything else. I tried, reboot, left click, right nothing. The Internet can...
  10. Any word when the 1903 update will be able to be updated on 32 gb laptops?

Any word when the 1903 update will be able to be updated on 32 gb laptops?: Last I saw 1903 would not work with an external device attached so you either had to have enough hard drive space or you couldn't update. Just curious if there has been word when they will release an update that will work for this situation? Or if they will. Have satellite...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. resent Lenovo update