Windows 10: Resent windows update

Discus and support Resent windows update in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; After automatic update all windows apps do not work. IE mail, weather, photos or store. Nothing happens when I click the mouse on them? HELP also... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Brian613, Mar 14, 2019 at 11:12 PM.

1. Brian613 Win User

Resent windows update

After automatic update all windows apps do not work. IE mail, weather, photos or store. Nothing happens when I click the mouse on them? HELP also nothing that setup is retained in memory.

:)

2. 3Colors Win User

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Resent windows update :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3. AsRock Win User
    Windows Updates failed to instal

I'm not sure how differant XP media center Edition is but you could clear the history \ cache if these folders are there.

Step 1 Register DLL files.

=================

By trying this step, we can check if the update engines are working properly.

1. Close all instances of Internet Explorer.

2. Click Start and Run, type "Regsvr32 atl.dll" (without quotes) in the Open box and click OK.

Note: There is a space between regsvr32 and atl.dll

3. Similarly, one by one, register the files listed below:

Regsvr32 msxml3.dll

Regsvr32 wuapi.dll

Regsvr32 wuaueng.dll

Regsvr32 wuaueng1.dll

Regsvr32 wups2.dll

Regsvr32 wucltui.dll

Regsvr32 wups.dll

Regsvr32 wuweb.dll

Regsvr32 qmgr.dll

Regsvr32 qmgrprxy.dll

Regsvr32 jscript.dll

Note: If you encounter errors while registering any of these files then skip that file and continue with the next one.

If the issue persists, let's move on to the steps below to verify Windows Update services and temporary folders.

Step 2 Verify the relevant Windows Update services.

=========================================

1. Click Start->Run, type "services.msc" (without quotation marks) in the open box and click OK.

2. Double click the service "Automatic Updates".

3. Click on the Log On tab, please ensure the option "Local System account" is selected and the option "Allow service to interact with desktop" is unchecked.

4. Check if this service has been enabled on the listed Hardware Profile. If not, please click the Enable button to enable it.

5. Click on the tab "General "; make sure the "Startup Type" is "Automatic" or "Manual". Then please click the button "Stop" under "Service Status" to stop the service.

6. Then please click the button "Start" under "Service Status" to start the service.

7. Please repeat the above steps with the other services:

Background Intelligent Transfer Service

Event Log

Remote Procedure Call (RPC)

Note: Event log service is enabled on all of the hardware profiles; this service does not have an option to enable or disable on certain hardware profile.

If it still does not help, let's proceed to step 3.

Step 3 Reload the Update temporary folders.

===================================

One possible cause is that the temporary folder for Windows Update is containing corrupted files. Let's erase all the files there to get the system clean.

1. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Please run the following command in the opened window.

Net stop WuAuServ

2. Click Start, Run, type: %windir% and press Enter.

3. In the opened folder, rename the folder SoftwareDistribution to Sdold.

4. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Please run the following command in the opened window.

Net start WuAuServ

Please test the Windows Update website and let me know the result. If the issue persists, to clarify the issue and provide more accurate troubleshooting steps, please assist me in collecting the following information.

4. Resent windows update

windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Mar 14, 2019 at 11:15 PM
Thema:

Resent windows update

1. Resent windows update - Similar Threads - Resent update

2. Serious problem with files encrypted with EFS, inaccessible after an update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Serious problem with files encrypted with EFS, inaccessible after an update: I commented on my problem in the community because in Support they could not give me a solution to the problem and they suggested that I seek advice in this community. Since my previous notebook with all my personal files was stolen, in the new one I created a folder with...
  3. Latest Windows 10 Update release to Insiders killed microphone

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Latest Windows 10 Update release to Insiders killed microphone: I accepted the invitation to install the latest version of Windows 10 Pro. It seems to work OK but my microphone is no longer recognised. Before the upgrade it worked well both in dictation and on Skype. What has gone wrong and how can I get it to work again?...
  4. does updating windows 10 delete ur files?

does updating windows 10 delete ur files?: basically i want to mmm update my windows 10 (stuck on 1803) to 1809 (october 2018), using update assistant https://www.microsoft.com/software-download/windows10 does it delete or im safe to update...
  5. updates are failing ... other issues also ..... i have been waiting for a return call...

updates are failing ... other issues also ..... i have been waiting for a return call...: ---- > We will call you at 815-741-2722 on Monday, March 18, 2019, 4:15 PM. Your call has been successfully scheduled. Let me know if there's anything else I can do to help. there have been several problems with my pc - don't know if this problem has anything to do...
  6. Windows 1809 update stuck at 81%

Windows 1809 update stuck at 81%: Windows tried to update my system last night. It ran OK until it got to 81% and then it just stayed there, so I ended up shutting off the machine and restarted and it rolled me back to what I had before. I have already run the windows update troubleshooter. It said it wanted...
  7. Windows 10 Home and Feature Updates

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 Home and Feature Updates: Hello, I am thinking about buying a Dell laptop that will be loaded with Win 10 Home edition. The build update should be 1809. Does my license entitle me to all future feature updates (e.g. 1903 and future)? Or, is my build update locked at 1809? Is Win 10 Home edition...
  8. How to update gl driver?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to update gl driver?: I want to update my openGL driver but don’t know how. My system is Windows 10. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-update-gl-driver/70ebfc21-415a-4088-8ff4-2ff4624dbdf1
  9. Windows broken after Surface Book update

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows broken after Surface Book update: I’m having a problem with my 1st gen Surface Book running windows 10, where I get a black screen with only a (moveable) cursor on screen for about 10 minutes, before the login screen is displayed and windows starts up. This happened before, and I eventually just gave in and...
  10. Xbox One Preview Skip Ahead ring 1910 Update 190314-1920 - March 18

in Windows 10 News
    Xbox One Preview Skip Ahead ring 1910 Update 190314-1920 - March 18: Starting at 2:00 p.m. PST today, members of the Xbox One Preview Alpha Skip Ahead Ring will begin receiving the latest 1910 Xbox One system update (19H1_RELEASE_XBOX_DEV_19H2HOLD_1910\18357.7004.190314-1920). This build has the same features and fixes as 1904 however we need...