Windows 10: Reserve my Internet speed by 80 freaking percent, Why?

Discus and support Reserve my Internet speed by 80 freaking percent, Why? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I just show an article about Windows Reserve my Internet speed by 80 freaking percent, Why the **** did you do that this whole time ****-heads? I mean... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by CyborgBasumatary, Nov 1, 2019.

1. Reserve my Internet speed by 80 freaking percent, Why?

I just show an article about Windows Reserve my Internet speed by 80 freaking percent, Why the **** did you do that this whole time ****-heads? I mean REALLY...? This whole time... This whole freaking time? I was just typed "download speed on phone is faster than PC why" than google reveal your true evilness in front of my eyes.

WHY THE **** DID YOU DO THAT **** HEADS...?

:)

CyborgBasumatary, Nov 1, 2019

2. Does Windows 10 reserve 80% of internet bandwidth for the system?

no it is NOT a myth the default usage for bandwidth is indeed 80%.

here is a copu paste of the gpedit.msc txt:

"
    Determines the percentage of connection bandwidth that the system can reserve. This value limits the combined bandwidth reservations of all programs running on the system.

By default, the Packet Scheduler limits the system to 80 percent of the bandwidth of a connection, but you can use this setting to override the default.

If you enable this setting, you can use the "Bandwidth limit" box to adjust the amount of bandwidth the system can reserve.

If you disable this setting or do not configure it, the system uses the default value of 80 percent of the connection.

Important: If a bandwidth limit is set for a particular network adapter in the registry, this setting is ignored when configuring that network adapter."

note what it states about default package scheduler. so that is a fact NOT a myth my friend

lordraptor1, Nov 1, 2019
  3. LMiller7 Win User
    Does Windows 10 reserve 80% of internet bandwidth for the system?

It IS a myth.

I am quite familiar with the text in the dialog, having read it on more than one occasion. The wording is not the best and can lead to misunderstandings. In technical writing it is difficult to describe something in a way that is both technically accurate and yet easy to understand. Microsoft user level documentation tends toward the latter and even computer professionals sometimes it wrong. I have seen this lead to lengthy discussions on forums where nothing is resolved.

Note the first sentence in the text:
    "Determines the percentage of connection bandwidth that the system can reserve."
    By default no bandwidth is reserved but QOS aware programs can reserve a portion of bandwidth if needed. But even then other programs have the full bandwidth. Only if the reserving program is actively using bandwidth does the reservation come into effect.

Back in XP days there was so much confusion about this that Microsoft had an article that accurately described how things worked and debunking the myth. Unfortunately it seems that it no longer exists. We still have the explanation by Raymond Chen mentioned in post #8. He has been a developer with Microsoft since Windows 95 days.

I have tried the QOS changes, including some with values larger then 20%. I noticed no changes in bandwidth.

Edit: It seems that old myths like this never die. They are continually being spread around the internet and leading to endless confusion.

LMiller7, Nov 1, 2019
  4. Reserve my Internet speed by 80 freaking percent, Why?

Does Windows 10 reserve 80% of internet bandwidth for the system?

I am currently struggling with an appallingly slow internet speed.

In trying to resolve this I came across a Youtube video that claims that Windows 10 reserves 80% of internet bandwidth for the system, and shows you how to change this.

The video quality is worse than poor, but I worked out that it's through gpedit.msc then Administrative Templates then Network.

I wasn't able to try this as my laptop doesn't recognise gpedit.msc but does anyone know if this is correct (that bandwidth is significantly restricted by the system) and, if so, is it possible to change the setting to free up bandwidth?

SaggyMaggyPoo, Nov 1, 2019
Thema:

Reserve my Internet speed by 80 freaking percent, Why?

1. Reserve my Internet speed by 80 freaking percent, Why? - Similar Threads - Reserve Internet speed

2. Why are my internet and download speeds so slow?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why are my internet and download speeds so slow?: Recently, my internet and download speeds have been so slow, that I have recently been VERY HAPPY to use my iPhone's MOBILE HOTSPOT just to get A FEW MORE KILOBYTES PER SECOND. That's on ONE OR TWO BARS of 4G LTE where I live. I hate it. Nice, very functional PC; nice setup;...
  3. Why are my internet and download speeds so slow?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why are my internet and download speeds so slow?: Recently, my internet and download speeds have been so slow, that I have recently been VERY HAPPY to use my iPhone's MOBILE HOTSPOT just to get A FEW MORE KILOBYTES PER SECOND. That's on ONE OR TWO BARS of 4G LTE where I live. I hate it. Nice, very functional PC; nice setup;...
  4. Why did my internet speed went down ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why did my internet speed went down ?: My new laptop's network got nerfed. First i used to get over a 100mbps on a 5G router. Then the speed got reduced on 5G network and said that my network is using an old security type. Then I switched to 4G network then few days later even my 4G network is giving 0.2 mbps and...
  5. Why did my internet speed went down ?

Why did my internet speed went down ?: My new laptop's network got nerfed. First i used to get over a 100mbps on a 5G router. Then the speed got reduced on 5G network and said that my network is using an old security type. Then I switched to 4G network then few days later even my 4G network is giving 0.2 mbps and...
  6. Why is my internet speed dropping suddenly to kbps?

Why is my internet speed dropping suddenly to kbps?: My internet speed suddenly drops to few kbps. The only thing that fixes it is to toggle the airplane mode off and on again. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-is-my-internet-speed-dropping-suddenly-to-kbps/89203f1a-e9aa-49bf-b2b2-0a95ed18df1f
  7. Why is my internet speed dropping suddenly to kbps?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is my internet speed dropping suddenly to kbps?: My internet speed suddenly drops to few kbps. The only thing that fixes it is to toggle the airplane mode off and on again. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-is-my-internet-speed-dropping-suddenly-to-kbps/89203f1a-e9aa-49bf-b2b2-0a95ed18df1f
  8. Why is this service is using my whole internet speed?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Why is this service is using my whole internet speed?: [ATTACH] and there no left internet for surfing in the browser because my internet plan is 1mbps https://preview.redd.it/66e163xzg9v51.png?width=668&format=png&auto=webp&s=910c94c972c1d2547a3ba730f9691426d68444f0 submitted by /u/hamadax97 [link] [comments]...
  9. Ram is 80% hardware reserved after a restart.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Ram is 80% hardware reserved after a restart.: So, i have a PC home that i use to connect with my laptop to do "heavy" tasks that are to slow on my laptop or he just got to hot. how ever, after a restart/power off i don't rly know, my PC have 10gb of 14gb hardware reserved i don't have iGPU or thinks that need system...
  10. Does Windows 10 reserve 80% of internet bandwidth for the system?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Does Windows 10 reserve 80% of internet bandwidth for the system?: I am currently struggling with an appallingly slow internet speed. In trying to resolve this I came across a Youtube video that claims that Windows 10 reserves 80% of internet bandwidth for the system, and shows you how to change this. The video quality is worse than...