Windows 10: Reserve upgrade question

Discus and support Reserve upgrade question in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I'm running Windows 7 and am trying to upgrade to win10. I have reserved my copy and have chosen to install with the 'delete everything' option... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Bluechill911, Aug 12, 2015.

1. Reserve upgrade question

I'm running Windows 7 and am trying to upgrade to win10. I have reserved my copy and have chosen to install with the 'delete everything' option (something like that) in the setup. I'm afraid I won't have it permanently, as the word 'upgrade' is always used. Is this still considered an upgrade? Is it possible to lose my reservation?

:)

Bluechill911, Aug 12, 2015
  2. MaxBox Win User

Installing Windows 10 onto a separate drive?

Followup question, my reserve this device/upgrade to windows 10 button is missing, do I need to reserve it again since I reinstalled Windows?

MaxBox, Aug 12, 2015
  3. SornLof Win User
    The postponement for windows 10 upgrade

Dear all,

I have a few question about upgrade for windows 10. When I reserve upgrade for window 10, Can I postpone this upgrade in the next month or a year later while I still have reserved window 10 status. For next thing, Can MyPC still be upgrade later when I cancel
    the reservation for window 10 ?

Thank in advance.

SornLof, Aug 12, 2015
  4. Charlie Win User

Reserve upgrade question

Reserve upgrade question [​IMG]
    I have not try that yet but if it is an option then must be ok to use it. Good luck to you*Smile

Charlie, Aug 12, 2015
  5. Rocky Win User
    Make sure that you upgrade before you do a clean install, otherwise you may not be able to activate your Windows 10 installation.

Rocky, Aug 12, 2015
  6. If I reinstall my windows 7, will I still have the permanent reserve? What is it saved on?

Bluechill911, Aug 12, 2015
  7. Rocky Win User
    There is no such thing as a permanent reserve. Windows 10 is only free if you upgrade by July 29th, 2016.

Rocky, Aug 12, 2015
  8. Ztruker Win User

Reserve upgrade question

Ztruker, Aug 12, 2015
  9. Charlie Win User
    This tutorial will help you make an install media for ten. https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/1...n-install.html After you upgrade make sure that you are activated on windows 10. Then make a install disk or usb stick. Then you can roll back to your previous windows. Your activation key will always be on that machine so you can install 10 whenever you like. That's the way I read the info we are getting. ymmv

Charlie, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Reserve upgrade question

1. Reserve upgrade question - Similar Threads - Reserve upgrade question

2. Question concerning System Reserved Files partition.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Question concerning System Reserved Files partition.: I installed Windows 10 on a new PC. In the installer dialog all disks were blank. I did choose drive "4", an NVME drive, for the system. Windows informed me that it will install some files in a hidden partition and ok, I thought it will put the "System reserved files" on the...
  3. Advance downloads for reserved upgrades

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Advance downloads for reserved upgrades: The word is that files needed for the 10 upgrade will actually begin downloading before the 29th on systems where 10 has been reserved. Does anyone know if that has started yet and how we may be able to tell? Will these updates appear as KBxxxxxx files like other updates, or...
  4. System Reserved Partition Question

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    System Reserved Partition Question: My system reserved partition keeps expanding!! How do I limit the size? I have checked the forums and internets but not come up with a clear answer A few days ago MS disk image failed because there was not enough free space in the system image partition for the shadow...
  5. Quick reserve question

in Windows 10 Support
    Quick reserve question: I am running Windows 7 and have reserved Windows 10. If I reinstall Windows 7, will I keep the reserve? 15765
  6. Windows 10 Reserve Questions

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Reserve Questions: I have a lot of concerns about how the Windows 10 reserve will be installed. I am running Windows 7 64 bit right now and have two physical hard drives. Each hard drive is partitioned into 3 partitions. I have always had problems trying to install an OS with the secondary...
  7. upgrade questions

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    upgrade questions: 1) If I put Win 10 on a full partition or as a dual boot can I go back at anytime [single Win7 partition]? 2) I'm planning to create Win 7, Win 10 dual boot on this laptop.Currently, Win 7 Ultimate, 64 bit, on a Del Precision M6300; disk 700GB with 121GB filled. Have Win 10...
  8. Upgrade Question

Upgrade Question: I have two identical HP Elite desktop 800 PC's one has Windows 10 installed. I also have a recovery drive canI use that recovery drive to install Windows 10 on the other PC? 31052
  9. Unable to reserve upgrade

Unable to reserve upgrade: I am trying to upgrade to Windows 10. I clicked on the flag symbol and a box appeared with a spinning wheel and the message please wait. I waited and waited for 2 hours on numerous occasions but nothing happened and now I recieve a message saying "reserve your upgrade now"...
  10. Question regarding reserved Windows 10.

in Windows 10 Support
    Question regarding reserved Windows 10.: I just reserved a free copy Windows 10 from my Windows 7 Ultimate. My question is that will I get upgraded to Windows 10 Home, Pro or Enterprise? Cause I don't want that underpowered home shit. 8739