Windows 10: Reserved Storage Information

Discus and support Reserved Storage Information in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I'm looking for information about the New feature of reserve storage and how can I disable it.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by KamilBraner, Jan 25, 2019.

1. Reserved Storage Information

I'm looking for information about the New feature of reserve storage and how can I disable it.

:)

KamilBraner, Jan 25, 2019
  2. rtwjunkie Win User

Why some unaccesible space is reserved in a storage?

Much like qubit said, for powers of 2, yes. But lately you are seeing SSD's with 120GB or 240 GB capacity, etc. They are automatically reserving the extra space, so a 240GB SSD now has the same storage space as one listed as 256. They've just set aside 16GB for wear levelling, etc.

rtwjunkie, Jan 25, 2019
  3. topgundcp Win User
    Conflicting information on my Storage Space...

From disk management, it does report the same storage and used space as from explorer.
    May I ask did you try to create a storage pool or something ? if so, you should not mess with this.

Is this disk an external disk connected via USB ? WD or Seagate branch ?

I have the feeling that this disk is formatted with GPT type using 512K emulation so Windows get confused. To verify:

1. Right click on Disk 6 ->Properties->Volumes. What does it show on partition styles ? GPT ?
    2. Download Best Free Partition Manager for Windows | MiniTool Partition Free, install then run. What does it show on disk 7 ? MBR ?

If step 1 shows GPT and step 2 shows MBR then definitely the disk was formatted using 512K emulation. The reason they did this so that it would be recognized by WinXP or if you connect it to a TV.

Windows Updates failed is another problem you have. First, it tried to updates from 1703 -> 1709 and failed so any subsequent updates to 1803 also failed.

topgundcp, Jan 25, 2019
  4. Remon Ont Win User

Reserved Storage Information

System & Reserved almost full?

Thank you for the information and posting back.

High System & Reserved memory usage could be due to the following:

• High Windows.old file(s) size
    • Large cache of trace files size
    • Windows 10 system file issues

We would like to know some information to better isolate the issue:

• Do you have a C:\windows.old folder on your C: drive?
    • Which Windows version and build are you using? Type winver on search box and press
      Enter.
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • Can you post a screenshot of what is inside the System & reserved storage? Double-click System & reserved. See picture below for reference.

Reserved Storage Information 3b68d058-4ea9-4b39-874f-7885d566e601.png

We will wait for your response.

Remon Ont, Jan 25, 2019
Thema:

Reserved Storage Information

1. Reserved Storage Information - Similar Threads - Reserved Storage Information

2. Windows 11 Reserved Storage

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Reserved Storage: What are the cons of disabling Reserved Storage?In Settings, this feature says, "Windows reserves some storage to facilitate proper performance and successful updates of your device."Will disabling it through registry affect the updates somehow?I have a slight theory that it...
  3. Windows 11 Reserved Storage

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Reserved Storage: What are the cons of disabling Reserved Storage?In Settings, this feature says, "Windows reserves some storage to facilitate proper performance and successful updates of your device."Will disabling it through registry affect the updates somehow?I have a slight theory that it...
  4. System Reserve Partition and Storage Settings

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    System Reserve Partition and Storage Settings: Hey Community,I was reviewing my laptop from work and I notice a couple issues with the System Reserved files section. It is showing 41GB as the system & Reserved. I was under the impression that the system reserve only needed 500 MB.I then went to my disk management to check...
  5. Storage information not appearing properly

in Windows 10 Customization
    Storage information not appearing properly: According to my storage 77 apps and features are taking up 187 GBs of space but I summed up the amount that each app takes and I got around 2.9 GBs. Does anyone know what is happening and how can I get rid of the excess 184+ GBs?...
  6. Disable Reserved Storage

in Windows 10 Customization
    Disable Reserved Storage: I am unable to disable reserved storage, I kept trying and there is just no "Reserved Storage" tab in my Registry Editor and I am not sure what to do.[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/disable-reserved-storage/f35024a5-faa6-48b4-8a45-85e0972357d3
  7. How to remove the marked information by the Reserved Storage Manager through commands...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to remove the marked information by the Reserved Storage Manager through commands...: After installation of Windows 10 1909 and 1903, the formatted partition has been dirt by the Reserved Storage Manager! In this situation I want to know to delete the reserved space information dirt by the RSM through Windows PE rather than reinstallation of Windows 10 1909?...
  8. Storage reserved for Windows Update

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Storage reserved for Windows Update: I've read that after the April (May?) update, Windows10 will reserve 7 GB of storage for installing updates. Can this possibly be true? I only have 8 GB. 130282
  9. Storage reserved for Windows Update

in Windows 10 Support
    Storage reserved for Windows Update: I've read that after the April (May?) update, Windows10 will reserve 7 GB of storage for installing updates. Can this possibly be true? I only have 8 GB. 130282
  10. Storage Reserved Partition Error

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Storage Reserved Partition Error: I just built my first PC and am now running into some problems I could use some help with. I initially installed Windows 10 from a USB onto my SSD (Samsung 850 EVO 250gb), but also had my WD Blue 1TB HDD installed. The storage reserved partition was erroneously installed onto...