Windows 10: reserved storage taking up all the memory

Discus and support reserved storage taking up all the memory in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; My laptop has a 32gb hard drive I'm running windows 10 ver 1607 because of reserved storage which seems to be growing theres almost no space left I'm... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Shula and DavidShasha, Mar 10, 2021.

1. reserved storage taking up all the memory

My laptop has a 32gb hard drive I'm running windows 10 ver 1607

because of reserved storage which seems to be growing theres almost no space left I'm down to around 300meg and its shrinking quickly I don't have anything unnecessary saved on the hard drive, I only use a flash drive for storage

Ive tried the recommended command prompt and regedit but they don't seem to work on this version,

The system is becoming unstable, any ideas? Thanks in advance!

:)

Shula and DavidShasha, Mar 10, 2021

2. System Reserved Memory issue

Hi Rowan,

The reduction in available system memory depends on the configuration of the following:

• The devices that are installed in the computer and the memory that is reserved by those devices
    • The ability of the motherboard to handle memory
    • The system BIOS version and settings
    • The version of Windows 10 that is installed
    • Other system settings

As an initial troubleshooting step, I suggest that you check your system for memory problems.

Here's how:

• Type mdsched.exe in the search bar and select the best match.
    • When prompted by the User Account Control, enter an admin user name and password, and click
      Yes.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions to run it.

Let us know how it goes.

Aileen Alf, Mar 10, 2021
  3. Martmcd Win User
    Disable Reserved Storage

Hi AveryMillis1

are you sure that the reserved storage feature is enabled?

is this a new machine? or have you clean installed windows 10 1003 or later?

check in settings -> system -> storage

click on show more categories

click on system & reserved

is reserved storage in the list?

check settings -> system -> about

under windows specifications

what version is installed?

Martmcd, Mar 10, 2021
  4. Martmcd Win User

reserved storage taking up all the memory

Disable Reserved Storage

that is strange, reserved storage was introduced with version 1903 and switched on by default in a clean install (sorry about the typo earlier)

and should not be showing at all in 1809

how much space does it say is reserved, could you post a screenshot of the system & reserved list

Martmcd, Mar 10, 2021
Thema:

reserved storage taking up all the memory

1. reserved storage taking up all the memory - Similar Threads - reserved storage taking

2. How to see apps taking up all my storage

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to see apps taking up all my storage: So in my settings i can see that my apps are taking up a lot of storage but it does not show me apps that add up to the 88Gb. I downloaded treesize but i don't know how to check all my apps and stuff to see what things are taking all my storage. Can someone tell me how to use...
  3. How to see apps taking up all my storage

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to see apps taking up all my storage: So in my settings i can see that my apps are taking up a lot of storage but it does not show me apps that add up to the 88Gb. I downloaded treesize but i don't know how to check all my apps and stuff to see what things are taking all my storage. Can someone tell me how to use...
  4. What is taking up storage?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What is taking up storage?: Hello, I have this problem where I barely have any space left on my 475GB SSD. when I look in settings, it says that installed apps take up around 350GB, but when I click on installed apps, It says that the largest one is 3GB. This is obviously not true. I mostly have games...
  5. What is taking up storage?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What is taking up storage?: Hello, I have this problem where I barely have any space left on my 475GB SSD. when I look in settings, it says that installed apps take up around 350GB, but when I click on installed apps, It says that the largest one is 3GB. This is obviously not true. I mostly have games...
  6. System and reserved taking up 994GB???

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    System and reserved taking up 994GB???: [ATTACH] My computer (asus g14 zephyrus) is acting fine. Every now and then I'll check task manager, storage and some other programs. I checked storage today and out of my 2TB SSD i have ~700gb left..so i went to apps and uninstalled a few that I've forgot about or don't...
  7. Oh, that's what was taking up all the storage...

Oh, that's what was taking up all the storage...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Uncle-Festers-Uncle [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/kexn4p/oh_thats_what_was_taking_up_all_the_storage/
  8. System and Reserved storage taking more space.

in Windows 10 Customization
    System and Reserved storage taking more space.: My system and reserved storage takes 160 GB. The window 10 alone takes 44 GB? The system restore takes around 80GB. Please help me with storage settings. [ATTACH][ATTACH]...
  9. This thing is taking up all my memory.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    This thing is taking up all my memory.: Pretty self-explanatory. Didn't download anything weird recently.[IMG] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/this-thing-is-taking-up-all-my-memory/2e5cead6-a570-49f1-83b3-61f8eb64a2ae
  10. Service hosts taking up all the memory.

Service hosts taking up all the memory.: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/zeez_brah [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/eg9bw3/service_hosts_taking_up_all_the_memory/