Windows 10: Reserved Win10; yesterday sys tray icon disappeared

Discus and support Reserved Win10; yesterday sys tray icon disappeared in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I reserved Windows 10 on or about July 20th, when the little GWX icon showed up in my system tray. I changed the email address on my Microsoft... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by fotyc, Jul 30, 2015.

1. fotyc Win User

Reserved Win10; yesterday sys tray icon disappeared

I reserved Windows 10 on or about July 20th, when the little GWX icon showed up in my system tray.

I changed the email address on my Microsoft account last week. I hope this does not matter... I can still get mail at that address for another week-ish.

I noticed today that the little GWX icon has disappeared, and nothing I do can make it return. Windows Update still tells me that my upgrade is reserved, but clicking on 'more info' does nothing.

I don't think I have any Win10 files downloaded onto my machine.

Anyone know why the icon disappears? I can no longer check the status of my upgrade so I hope I'm still ok?

:)

fotyc, Jul 30, 2015

2. Win 10 icon gone

Had reserved and Win10 icon appeared in system tray. Then it disappeared before I could load. Been trying other methods and get error code 0x8009000F-0x90002. Also received icon on my laptop and even my wife loaded it. I am running Win7 sp1.

JeffHanson834, Jul 30, 2015
  3. glaustin Win User
    Lost Power Icon in Task Bar/ System Tray

Hi guys

I'm in Win10. In what used to be the systems tray (now the notification area?) I had the power icon showing. Yesterday night it disappeared. I've had a look under turn icons on or off and the Power icon is there but it is off but I cannot turn it back on
    because it is totally grayed out.

Anyone know how I can un-grey it and switch it back on?

glaustin, Jul 30, 2015
Thema:

Reserved Win10; yesterday sys tray icon disappeared

1. Reserved Win10; yesterday sys tray icon disappeared - Similar Threads - Reserved Win10 yesterday

2. System Tray Icons Disappear

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System Tray Icons Disappear: When I start my computer sometimes icons in the system tray don't appear. I have them setup to appear too. Is this some sort of bug and why wasn't it ever fixed?...
  3. System Tray Icons Disappear

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    System Tray Icons Disappear: When I start my computer sometimes icons in the system tray don't appear. I have them setup to appear too. Is this some sort of bug and why wasn't it ever fixed?...
  4. System Tray icons keep disappearing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    System Tray icons keep disappearing: A lot of system tray icons are disappearing by themselves, usually when I launch a game and then exit. For example, I use the SpyderXPro program to load my color profile. Sometimes the color profile resets and I'll have to manually right click the SpyderXPro icon and then...
  5. System Tray icons keep disappearing

in Windows 10 Customization
    System Tray icons keep disappearing: A lot of system tray icons are disappearing by themselves, usually when I launch a game and then exit. For example, I use the SpyderXPro program to load my color profile. Sometimes the color profile resets and I'll have to manually right click the SpyderXPro icon and then...
  6. Disappearing System Tray icon

in Windows 10 Support
    Disappearing System Tray icon: I have a situation where my Macrium Reflect "backup-in-progress" icon stops being displayed. I've reported this to Macrium, but I'd like to better understand what is going on ... including how System Tray (a.k.a. notification area) icons are displayed. I'm running Win 10...
  7. Icons disappear from system tray

in Windows 10 Customization
    Icons disappear from system tray: Hi, I have already performed the following: Right-click on an empty space in your desktop taskbar and select Properties. In the Taskbar and Start Menu Properties window, find the selection labeled Notification Area and click on Customize. Click on Turn system icons on or...
  8. Missing an icon in the "show hidden icons" down in sys tray

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Missing an icon in the "show hidden icons" down in sys tray: Up until yesterday the little shield for Windows Defender was always in the hidden icons box that I could open down in lower right corner. It still shows as running in task manager and I do use another anti-virus, but it concerns me that the shield icon is no longer showing....
  9. Onedrive tray icon has disappeared

in Windows 10 Support
    Onedrive tray icon has disappeared: Noticed today that the Onedrive tray icon is missing. I tried re-installing with OneDriveSetup.exe and got error "A newer version of Onedrive is installed". I downloaded the latest version and got the same error. Trying to run Onedrive from the startmenu gives the same error!...
  10. Can't reserve windows 10, no icon in tray.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can't reserve windows 10, no icon in tray.: I used to have the icon in the system tray, however recently I needed to reset my computer so the reservation at the time was wiped. Having completed the reset I have now found that I cannot reserve a copy of windows 10 through control panel, clicking reserve just comes up...