Windows 10: Reset a account login counter/lockout threshold in Windows 10 Home

Discus and support Reset a account login counter/lockout threshold in Windows 10 Home in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Good day. May i request help, I am sharing a printer from pc 2 using the account (user b) and accessing the printer from pc 1 (user a). I am sharing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by NEDARO XI, Aug 6, 2019.

1. NEDARO XI Win User

Reset a account login counter/lockout threshold in Windows 10 Home

Good day.

May i request help, I am sharing a printer from pc 2 using the account (user b) and accessing the printer from pc 1 (user a). I am sharing it in the network via IP address. Suddenly, I cannot print anymore as I noticed that account credentials is not accepted anymore. Whenever I connect to the specific IP address of pc 2 (user b), an error prompts stating "Account restrictions are preventing this user from signing in". Upon observation, it seems that the account I'm accessing in pc 2 (user b) has already reached its 3 (default) incorrect login attempts and has been locked out. How can I reset that specific account access "pc 2 (user b)"'s login account counter or lockout threshold? I have tried searching but have no luck, some returns the results with the following keywords "LimitBlankPasswords, AccountThreshold, AccountLockoutSettings", however, the results shows "gpedit.msc" or "Security/Local Policy Settings" and I cannot access it due to my OS restrictions.

1. How can I reset that specific account access "pc 2 (user b)"'s login account counter or lockout threshold?

2. Is there another way to reset the login account threshold or login attemps via registry/"regedit" or another way?

3. Or are there other way to share the printer without the need of IP address and pc 2 (user b) access credentials?

Note: My OS is Windows 10 Home. Therefore I cannot access gpedit.msc or Security/Local Policy Settings on "pc 2 (user b)" or on "pc 1 (user a)".

:)

NEDARO XI, Aug 6, 2019
  2. Aleksey Win User

Account Lockout Policy is not working

Hello guys,

I have Windows 10 Enterprise build 10240 on my Dell Tablet (32 bit) and Oracle VM (32 bit). On both system, I tried to setup Account Lockout Policy in Local Security Policy. I have Account Lockout Threshold = 5, Lockout Duration and Reset Lockout Account Counter = 30 min. However, after locking my account or signing off, my account is not locked after 5 and more failed logon attempts. This feature worked correct on my Windows 8.1 system with the same account lockout settings.
    Does anyone experienced the same behavior? Any explanation or fix?

Thank you very much,

Aleksey, Aug 6, 2019
  3. Does a computer restart reset the account lockout policy counter?

Using Windows 10 and Windows Server 2016 with the Account lockout policy set to 3 attempts and 99999 (max) duration. If i locked an account or entered the password wrong 2 times and I then reboot the pc. Will the account unlock or will the counter reset?

user935892, Aug 6, 2019
  4. Reset a account login counter/lockout threshold in Windows 10 Home

Does a computer restart reset the account lockout policy counter?

No, it will not. Login attempts and lockouts are logged by the domain controller on your domain and are persistent across devices on your domain for domain accounts. Local accounts work the same but are tied to the specific computer.

BloodPhilia, Aug 6, 2019
Thema:

Reset a account login counter/lockout threshold in Windows 10 Home

1. Reset a account login counter/lockout threshold in Windows 10 Home - Similar Threads - Reset account login

2. Account Lockout Threshold, duration, counter? settings defeated?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Account Lockout Threshold, duration, counter? settings defeated?: new machine, windows 11 home.enabled gpedit.mscaccount lockout threshold 10 attempts, reset after 5 minutes.ok, tried the settings, to see if it worked.after 5 incorrect attempts, microsoft responded with "enter challenge phrase a1b2c3".THEN, gave options to enter either PIN...
  3. Account Lockout Threshold, duration, counter? settings defeated?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Account Lockout Threshold, duration, counter? settings defeated?: new machine, windows 11 home.enabled gpedit.mscaccount lockout threshold 10 attempts, reset after 5 minutes.ok, tried the settings, to see if it worked.after 5 incorrect attempts, microsoft responded with "enter challenge phrase a1b2c3".THEN, gave options to enter either PIN...
  4. Account Lockout Threshold

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Account Lockout Threshold: Earlier today I got locked out of my laptop for 2 hours due to failed sign in attempts. I know my password, but I tend to make typos, and got unlucky this time. I wanted to change the settings so I could stop this from happening again. However, when I do `net accounts` in an...
  5. Account Lockout Threshold

Account Lockout Threshold: Earlier today I got locked out of my laptop for 2 hours due to failed sign in attempts. I know my password, but I tend to make typos, and got unlucky this time. I wanted to change the settings so I could stop this from happening again. However, when I do `net accounts` in an...
  6. Account Lockout Threshold

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  7. Windows 11 Home edition account lockout threshold

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Home edition account lockout threshold: Is there a default threshold in Windows 11 home edition for the number of attempts you can have to log on with a PIN before the account locks if the PIN is wrong? If so how long is the account locked and can you change the settings...
  8. Windows 11 Home edition account lockout threshold

Windows 11 Home edition account lockout threshold: Is there a default threshold in Windows 11 home edition for the number of attempts you can have to log on with a PIN before the account locks if the PIN is wrong? If so how long is the account locked and can you change the settings...
  9. More explain "Reset account lockout counter after"

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    More explain "Reset account lockout counter after": Hello, Could someone please more explain about 'Reset account lockout counter after'? For example, I set these values in this photo and Time is 9:00 AM. (please trace with this example) What's happened? Thank you 139709
  10. Change Reset Account Lockout Counter for Local Accounts in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Change Reset Account Lockout Counter for Local Accounts in Windows 10: How to: Change Reset Account Lockout Counter for Local Accounts in Windows 10 How to Change Reset Account Lockout Counter for Local Accounts in Windows 10 [img] Information When you have the Account lockout duration. A disadvantage to setting Reset account lockout...