Windows 10: Reset a used laptop

Discus and support Reset a used laptop in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; My friend brought a used acer laptop he does have the login and he doesn’t have contact with the onwer and he can’t reset it because it says there is... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by Keyaan Parvez, Nov 20, 2022.

1. Reset a used laptop

My friend brought a used acer laptop he does have the login and he doesn’t have contact with the onwer and he can’t reset it because it says there is no space is there something he can do

:)

Keyaan Parvez, Nov 20, 2022
  2. IggSter Win User

How to factory reset Cisco 1700 Router

Hopefully I can help you here....its a very common thing to happen.

First, I take it you dont know the passwords for console access or telnet/ssh?

I will assume that these devices belong to you.

step 1. Plug a cisco console cable into a serial port on your pc
    step 2. Plug other end into Cisco console port
    step 3. Using hyperterm or putty or similar connect to the serial port
    step 4. boot router, and make sure you clearly can see the output (this confirms you have good serial comms)
    step 5. if this fails, adjust the comm port settings (9600, 8,1,n are the default)
    step 6. now you have to do the only hard part...send the break command:

Break command list: Break Commands

Go down the list and match your OS and SW and try the sequence suggested.

If this fails several times do what I do: Install putty (free) and then to send a break so you can get into rommom just hit "ctrl-a b".

IggSter, Nov 20, 2022
  3. Clem Win User
    Multiple Issues After Resetting Laptop

Hi,

I recently reset my laptop and since then I've been experiencing a whole host of issues:

• Windows search bar doesn't work
    • Shop app won't open
    • Won't allow me to change location settings
    • Clock/calendar on my toolbar is unresponsive when I click on it

Any ideas what the problem might be, please? Advice / suggestions are very much appreciated!

Cheers,

4. n-ster Win User

Reset a used laptop

n-ster, Nov 20, 2022
Thema:

Reset a used laptop

1. Reset a used laptop - Similar Threads - Reset used laptop

2. Reset used Laptop WIndows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Reset used Laptop WIndows 11: I have a used laptop with old owner login and info. I've been using it for awhile and have lots of work, bookmarks, folders, apps, etc under that Login name. I created a new account but can't seem to change the old name. So, I have decided to completely reset everything. My...
  3. Reset used Laptop WIndows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Reset used Laptop WIndows 11: I have a used laptop with old owner login and info. I've been using it for awhile and have lots of work, bookmarks, folders, apps, etc under that Login name. I created a new account but can't seem to change the old name. So, I have decided to completely reset everything. My...
  4. Unable to use laptop after failed system reset

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to use laptop after failed system reset: Hello, I have a HP laptop that I used a local reset on because it was running slow. I had multiple system restores on it. It got to around 70% resetting and then it said undoing changes. It brought me back to sign in. When I put in my pin it got the "User profile can't be...
  5. Unable to use laptop after failed system reset

Unable to use laptop after failed system reset: Hello, I have a HP laptop that I used a local reset on because it was running slow. I had multiple system restores on it. It got to around 70% resetting and then it said undoing changes. It brought me back to sign in. When I put in my pin it got the "User profile can't be...
  6. Unable to use laptop after failed system reset

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Reset a used laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Reset a used laptop: My friend brought a used acer laptop he does have the login and he doesn’t have contact with the onwer and he can’t reset it because it says there is no space is there something he can do...
  8. Reset a used laptop

Reset a used laptop: My friend brought a used acer laptop he does have the login and he doesn’t have contact with the onwer and he can’t reset it because it says there is no space is there something he can do...
  9. Reseting my Laptop using Media Creation Tool

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Reseting my Laptop using Media Creation Tool: I want to reinstall Windows 10 in my laptop and delete everything but the media creation tool itself automatically chooses keep personal files and apps and i don’t get to choose if i want to delete everything....
  10. Reset laptop now i cant even use it.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Reset laptop now i cant even use it.: I don't even remember why I reset this laptop. I've been spending like 4 hours trying use it. I expected like all the times in the past when I reset, to go into the PC set up, like choose name set time etc. Now the PC is like broken really? I've gone to safe mode R:...