Windows 10: Reset Admin password on a standard user account??

Discus and support Reset Admin password on a standard user account?? in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; I bought a refurbished computer for my employer. It had a ADMIN account set up with no pass word associated with the account so I created one. I might... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by James Haley jhaley, Sep 9, 2020.

1. Reset Admin password on a standard user account??

I bought a refurbished computer for my employer. It had a ADMIN account set up with no pass word associated with the account so I created one. I might have had a error in my pass word because I can no longer log into that account. I did create another account that I was setting up before all of this happened. It is just a standard user so I can not get any thing installed on it or modify files or even get local network access established to my server. I need to reset my admin password but can not find a way to since the user that I have access to is not an administrator. Any help would be wonderfull. Thank you.

:)

James Haley jhaley, Sep 9, 2020
  2. Namslas90 Win User

admin password?

You can reset the Admin Password using Windows XP repair; See Here for step by step.

*Toast :toast:

Namslas90, Sep 9, 2020
  3. Standard User reset Admin user password!

Hi, I have a Windows 10 machine with 2 local user accounts. One standard and one admin.

The admin user has modified some settings about standard user like the login times using command line (net user standardusername /times:M-S,09:00-17:00)

But every time the standard user manages to reset the admin password to nothing
    so that it enters the administrator account and changes the setting.

How can this happen? THIS IS A SERIOUS SECURITY PROBLEM.

nonlinearly, Sep 9, 2020
  4. Ruz San Win User

Reset Admin password on a standard user account??

admin & standard user accounts

Hi Pub Fan,

You can create a new user account on your computer and set is as an administrator. Follow the steps provided on this

page
    . Once you have added a new administrator account, you can change the account type of the original user profile to standard. You can also remove the password for the original account using the new one. Here are the steps:

• Sign in to the new user account.
    • Go to Control Panel.
    • Open User Accounts.
    • Click on User Accounts.
    • Click on Manage another account.
    • Select the old user profile.
    • Select Change the password.
    • Without typing anything in the password fields, click on Change password.
    You will not lose any passwords for your internet sites after applying the changes.

Let us know if you need more help.

Ruz San, Sep 9, 2020
Thema:

Reset Admin password on a standard user account??

1. Reset Admin password on a standard user account?? - Similar Threads - Reset Admin password

2. Resetting admin password/account.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Resetting admin password/account.: Me and a business partner are logged out of our Microsoft account post update I think and can't login. Trying to reset password as current login details are not being accepted, but requires administrator to do this. However we can't log in as administrator either. How do we...
  3. Resetting admin password/account.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Resetting admin password/account.: Me and a business partner are logged out of our Microsoft account post update I think and can't login. Trying to reset password as current login details are not being accepted, but requires administrator to do this. However we can't log in as administrator either. How do we...
  4. UAC thinks standard user account is an Admin

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    UAC thinks standard user account is an Admin: In our domain, user accounts are not Admins and Admin accounts have no access to the internet. Brilliant right? Except it makes it troublesome to install that software that requires both Admin rights AND internet access with the same account. My work-around for this has been...
  5. Standard User reset Admin user password!

Standard User reset Admin user password!: Hi, I have a Windows 10 machine with 2 local user accounts. One standard an one admin. The admin user has modified some settings about standard user like the login times using command line net user standardusername /times:M-S,09:00-17:00 But every time the standard user...
  6. reset standard user account forgotten password

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    reset standard user account forgotten password: Hello signed on the computer as admin, how can i reset a standard user account forgotten password https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/reset-standard-user-account-forgotten-password/e2b24ec6-07fe-4ec1-b8b8-06165aff6936"
  7. About accounts: Admin/Standard user?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    About accounts: Admin/Standard user?: I just did a clean install of W10 for a friend. I havent set up a fresh install of 10 and am familar with the structure of accounts in W7> So. Clarify for me the "rights" of accounts(that i set up) in W10 Do they have adminstrator rights? Plan was to set up and Admin account...
  8. Admin Password with Standard User

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Admin Password with Standard User: I don't know the admin password and I have a standard account! Can someone please help me?????????????!!!!!!!! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/admin-password-with-standard-user/69ab0540-cab7-4199-b339-04cb7d920478
  9. Was not prompted for admin password during install (Standard user)

Was not prompted for admin password during install (Standard user): I just installed an update for the Vypr VPN software. I am a Standard user, but there was no prompt to enter admin credentials to proceed with the install. I verified that I am a standard user in settings. I installed another program just 5 minutes before this one that DID...
  10. Resetting Admin user name and password

in Windows 10 Customization
    Resetting Admin user name and password: Hi all, my son took over my computer when he went to college; it's been over two years since I've had to use the admin information to use setup.exe that I've forgotten the password to access it. When I try to leave the password blank and hit yes or no, it brings me right...