Windows 10: reset admin password

Discus and support reset admin password in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; How do i reset the administrator password? Ive tried all the ones Ive used before and it keeps telling me the password is wrong. Is it possible... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Matt Siegel, Feb 5, 2015.

1. reset admin password

How do i reset the administrator password? Ive tried all the ones Ive used before and it keeps telling me the password is wrong. Is it possible something is wrong with the user profile for the administrator? I tried creating a password reset disk using my flash drive; but; even that wont work as it keeps giving me a error stating there was a problem applying the new password or something. Windows 10 bug possibly?

:)

Matt Siegel, Feb 5, 2015

2. Admin password reset

Its the little start button represented by the flag in the left hand corner of the Taskbar.

Andre Da Costa, Feb 5, 2015
  3. Admin password reset

I hit enter but it brought me to a screen telling me that I need to type in the admin password (which I don’t know)

BraedenFraser, Feb 5, 2015
  4. reset admin password

Anyone.............................anyone?

Matt Siegel, Feb 6, 2015
  5. labeeman Win User
    labeeman, Feb 6, 2015
  6. Well how else am i suppose to reset my own admin password then if no one is allowed to help? This is ridiculous that i cant get a simple straight answer on how Im suppose to do this because the system will not recognize any of the admin passwords Ive used before even with a hint.

Matt Siegel, Feb 6, 2015
  7. And Im not asking on how to hack or anything like that. Im just trying to gain access to the administrator account on my own computer.

Matt Siegel, Feb 6, 2015
  8. badrobot Win User

reset admin password

You posted the question 10hrs ago. If you just reinstalled Win 10, you are all done within 30mins and back like nothing happened. It's not like you have an activation process that you have to worry about.

Next time create a system image that you can revert to if something goes wrong. It only takes 15mins to restore from image.

Everyone understands your frustrations for not getting any help on this matter. But rules are rules.
    Asking about password help will never be entertained on most windows forum.

badrobot, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

reset admin password

1. reset admin password - Similar Threads - reset admin password

2. admin password

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    admin password: I forgot my password for the admin account how do I change it or remove it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/admin-password/ecba1872-0038-4d34-98dd-c09814bf11ec"
  3. Can I Reset my password on my Admin.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can I Reset my password on my Admin.: Can I reset my password on my Admin. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-reset-my-password-on-my-admin/89ab2676-6629-4158-acff-3dc760a7e650
  4. Admin password required for sign-in password.

Admin password required for sign-in password.: Hey. Is there a way I can make windows to ask for my admin password to confirm when changing the sign-in password for windows? Just curious. 119339
  5. Resetting Admin user name and password

in Windows 10 Customization
    Resetting Admin user name and password: Hi all, my son took over my computer when he went to college; it's been over two years since I've had to use the admin information to use setup.exe that I've forgotten the password to access it. When I try to leave the password blank and hit yes or no, it brings me right...
  6. forgot admin password

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    forgot admin password: I have an old tosiba laptop (with windows 10) that I have forgotton admin password for. There is another user whos password I remember so have been logging on under their name instead. However I do need to gain access to the admins controls, is it possible or do I do a...
  7. Windows Reset Is Asking For Admin Password

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Reset Is Asking For Admin Password: Hello, I have a laptop where the internet stopped working (both WiFi and Ethernet). I went through the standard troubleshooting procedures I found on here and had no luck. My next step is to do a Windows reset on the laptop. I go into security settings and windows reset,...
  8. System error 5 | No admin rights | Lost admin password | can't reset

System error 5 | No admin rights | Lost admin password | can't reset: Hi Yet again, Windows is frustratingly taking up all of my time and I have tried everything google has to offer to try and fix it but it seems like no one has screwed up as much as I have on whatever forum. Let me explain the problem: I'm trying to set my account to...
  9. Reset lost Admin Password

Reset lost Admin Password: Got this message from my niece & thought i would help her with you guys knowledge of fixing her problem !! When we got our computer my husband made 2 user accounts. One was an admin and the other was not. I have been using the other account just because that is where I...
  10. Windows 10 admin password reset or new account with admin rights

Windows 10 admin password reset or new account with admin rights: The firm in which I work has a Lenovo PC with Windows 10 installed. There are two user profiles on the computer, the admin and another normal account without administration rights. We have only the password of the account without administrator rights. The network...