Windows 10: reset admin password

Discus and support reset admin password in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; How do i reset the administrator password? Ive tried all the ones Ive used before and it keeps telling me the password is wrong. Is it possible... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Matt Siegel, Feb 5, 2015.

1. reset admin password

How do i reset the administrator password? Ive tried all the ones Ive used before and it keeps telling me the password is wrong. Is it possible something is wrong with the user profile for the administrator? I tried creating a password reset disk using my flash drive; but; even that wont work as it keeps giving me a error stating there was a problem applying the new password or something. Windows 10 bug possibly?

:)

Matt Siegel, Feb 5, 2015

2. Admin password reset

Its the little start button represented by the flag in the left hand corner of the Taskbar.

Andre Da Costa, Feb 5, 2015
  3. Admin password reset

I hit enter but it brought me to a screen telling me that I need to type in the admin password (which I don’t know)

BraedenFraser, Feb 5, 2015
  4. reset admin password

Anyone.............................anyone?

Matt Siegel, Feb 6, 2015
  5. labeeman Win User
    labeeman, Feb 6, 2015
  6. Well how else am i suppose to reset my own admin password then if no one is allowed to help? This is ridiculous that i cant get a simple straight answer on how Im suppose to do this because the system will not recognize any of the admin passwords Ive used before even with a hint.

Matt Siegel, Feb 6, 2015
  7. And Im not asking on how to hack or anything like that. Im just trying to gain access to the administrator account on my own computer.

Matt Siegel, Feb 6, 2015
  8. badrobot Win User

reset admin password

You posted the question 10hrs ago. If you just reinstalled Win 10, you are all done within 30mins and back like nothing happened. It's not like you have an activation process that you have to worry about.

Next time create a system image that you can revert to if something goes wrong. It only takes 15mins to restore from image.

Everyone understands your frustrations for not getting any help on this matter. But rules are rules.
    Asking about password help will never be entertained on most windows forum.

badrobot, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

reset admin password

1. reset admin password - Similar Threads - reset admin password

2. Resetting admin password/account.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Resetting admin password/account.: Me and a business partner are logged out of our Microsoft account post update I think and can't login. Trying to reset password as current login details are not being accepted, but requires administrator to do this. However we can't log in as administrator either. How do we...
  3. Reset Admin password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Reset Admin password: I am the Admin controller of my daughters laptop but I have forgotten my password. I can't find anywhere where I can reset it. HELP !!!! I need to update a few things and add an app. HELP....how do I resent the password for the Admin User Control ???...
  4. Reset Admin password

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Reset Admin password: I am the Admin controller of my daughters laptop but I have forgotten my password. I can't find anywhere where I can reset it. HELP !!!! I need to update a few things and add an app. HELP....how do I resent the password for the Admin User Control ???...
  5. Admin password reset

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Admin password reset: Hello So I am able to login into my account hence when I try to make changes and install need programs an admin sign in window pops out I forgot what password I set it as Any ideas Thank you submitted by /u/513111111 [link] [comments]...
  6. Reset local admin password

Reset local admin password: Hi all, Machine has fallen off the domain and can't get in using local admin password I've tried hirens boot CD but doesn't see windows partition. I assume it's because of either uefi or bitlocker I've turned off secure boot but didn't make a difference Any advice please?...
  7. Reset Admin Password?

Reset Admin Password?: To make a long story short I cannot boot into windows. I only have the recovery options available to me. I’m these recovery options it asks for the administrator password (which I forgot). I can’t access any of the boot recovery options due to the unknown password. Is there...
  8. Admin password reset (non-admin)

in Windows 10 Customization
    Admin password reset (non-admin): pleas solv my problem https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/admin-password-reset-non-admin/01f6113b-936f-422a-a5d1-2ffa3d1455d6
  9. How to reset admin password

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    How to reset admin password: My father has recently passed away and since he has worked with computers his entire life while I mostly used them to play video games, when I got my PC he gave himself an account with admin permissions while he gave me a guest account since at the time I was a little kid, I...
  10. Reset lost Admin Password

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Reset lost Admin Password: Got this message from my niece & thought i would help her with you guys knowledge of fixing her problem !! When we got our computer my husband made 2 user accounts. One was an admin and the other was not. I have been using the other account just because that is where I...