reset admin password

Discus and support reset admin password in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; How do i reset the administrator password? Ive tried all the ones Ive used before and it keeps telling me the password is wrong. Is it possible... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Matt Siegel, Feb 5, 2015.

1. Matt Siegel Win User

reset admin password

How do i reset the administrator password? Ive tried all the ones Ive used before and it keeps telling me the password is wrong. Is it possible something is wrong with the user profile for the administrator? I tried creating a password reset disk using my flash drive; but; even that wont work as it keeps giving me a error stating there was a problem applying the new password or something. Windows 10 bug possibly?

:)

Matt Siegel, Feb 5, 2015
  2. Andre Da Costa Win User

Admin password reset

Its the little start button represented by the flag in the left hand corner of the Taskbar.

Andre Da Costa, Feb 5, 2015
  3. BraedenFraser Win User
    Admin password reset

I hit enter but it brought me to a screen telling me that I need to type in the admin password (which I don’t know)

BraedenFraser, Feb 5, 2015
  4. Matt Siegel Win User

reset admin password

Anyone.............................anyone?

Matt Siegel, Feb 6, 2015
  5. labeeman Win User
    labeeman, Feb 6, 2015
  6. Matt Siegel Win User
    Well how else am i suppose to reset my own admin password then if no one is allowed to help? This is ridiculous that i cant get a simple straight answer on how Im suppose to do this because the system will not recognize any of the admin passwords Ive used before even with a hint.

Matt Siegel, Feb 6, 2015
  7. Matt Siegel Win User
    And Im not asking on how to hack or anything like that. Im just trying to gain access to the administrator account on my own computer.

Matt Siegel, Feb 6, 2015
  8. badrobot Win User

reset admin password

You posted the question 10hrs ago. If you just reinstalled Win 10, you are all done within 30mins and back like nothing happened. It's not like you have an activation process that you have to worry about.

Next time create a system image that you can revert to if something goes wrong. It only takes 15mins to restore from image.

Everyone understands your frustrations for not getting any help on this matter. But rules are rules.
    Asking about password help will never be entertained on most windows forum.

badrobot, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

reset admin password

1. reset admin password - Similar Threads - reset admin password

2. Windows 10 Reset My PC

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Reset My PC: Hi, I have a couple of questions. I'm running very low on my C drive(Partitions were a mistake) and I'm not able delete anymore files in order to resolve the issue. Please answer thinking I have no idea on Windows restore. 1. My PC came with Windows 8 and IIhave upgraded...
  3. UEFI Admin Password needed if BitLocker is enabled?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    UEFI Admin Password needed if BitLocker is enabled?: Just a quick question. I have enabled BitLocker with TPM-Only protector and was just wondering if I need to set an Admin BIOS/UEFI password to prevent someone from changing the UEFI settings. I also have Secure Boot enabled as well along with the following BitLocker...
  4. Password Protected Sharing gets turned off after Win Updates?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Password Protected Sharing gets turned off after Win Updates?: I've been dealing with a pesky little problem for some time and think I have discovered the source of the problem. I have a fairly extensive home network which includes my Win 10 Pro desktop, a Win 7 desktop and a Win 10 Home laptop. On a fairly regular basis, I am unable to...
  5. Install as admin, can't uninstall from Settings

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Install as admin, can't uninstall from Settings: Hi, just came across this- I installed a program as admin (rt click, run as admin), hoping that might resolve a small snag, then wanted to uninstall it. From Settings I could not, nor is there a way there to start the uninstallation as admin. Was this just an odd one-off?...
  6. Install as admin, can't uninstall from Settings

in Windows 10 Support
    Install as admin, can't uninstall from Settings: Hi, just came across this- I installed a program as admin (rt click, run as admin), hoping that might resolve a small snag, then wanted to uninstall it. From Settings I could not, nor is there a way there to start the uninstallation as admin. Was this just an odd one-off?...
  7. credential manager asks for password on my windows10 where do i get it

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    credential manager asks for password on my windows10 where do i get it: credential manager asks for password on windows 10 where can I get it if forgot https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-security/credential-manager-asks-for-password-on-my/bd6ca2b8-8793-4310-b3f8-158c324123e5"
  8. how to cannot show admin folders on local users

in Windows 10 Customization
    how to cannot show admin folders on local users: I create new local user but this account have all admin files. how cannot show this files https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/how-to-cannot-show-admin-folders-on-local-users/0774a369-2b7d-491c-91c7-4d410171df5d
  9. Reset Windows 10 lose Programs

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Reset Windows 10 lose Programs: Hello, I was after the last downloads from MS for my Windows 10 - So thinking I could do this, I use the reset to another date - no help there. So I use the reset to factory settings - forgot that this computer was first Windows 7 - Well, the reset did not go to win 7, it...
  10. Language hotkeys keep resetting for no reason

in Windows 10 Customization
    Language hotkeys keep resetting for no reason: I have Windows 10 and a new Asus laptop. When I set hotkeys to change the language quickly (ctlr+1 for English and ctrl+2 for French), these hotkeys keep resetting randomly to nothing (like I never defined them) after prolonged periods, say every 1-2 days. It litteraly...