Windows 10: Reset admin problem

Discus and support Reset admin problem in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Right so I wanna reset my PC because there's so may problems, one of which the only account is a guest for some reason, it believes there's an admin... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Dheeps482, May 6, 2020.

1. Reset admin problem

Right so I wanna reset my PC because there's so may problems, one of which the only account is a guest for some reason, it believes there's an admin but there isn't because when I go to reset though startup troubleshoot it asks for admin pw which I don't have. So is there any way to factory reset not requiring any admin privileges?

submitted by /u/Dheeps482
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Dheeps482, May 6, 2020
  2. Namslas90 Win User

admin password?

You can reset the Admin Password using Windows XP repair; See Here for step by step.

*Toast :toast:

Namslas90, May 6, 2020
  3. Matt18 Win User
    admin rights keep disappearing!?!!

Hi guys,

I am actually having a problem at work that our IT department hasn't been able to figure out. I am supposed to be a member of the admin group. We are on a domain. The problem is that everytime I reboot the computer I loose my admin rights(no longer in the administrator group) and just become a normal user again. I have tried googling this and didn't get to many results.
    I believe IT is just giving me local admin rights, not admin rights for the whole domain.

Any suggestions?

EDIT: It is on Windows XP Pro.

Matt18, May 6, 2020
  4. dalchina Win User

Reset admin problem

Windows 10 1709 System Restore problems...

That seems to be an attempt at Option 2 in the tutorial, which requires you to
    a. Boot to a command prompt (Did you?)
    b. You then seem to be mixing steps 3,4 and 5, thus your command is incorrect.

I suggest Option 1 is easier.

If you still have problems, please repost listing each specific step and saying which option from the tutorial you are using. Thanks.

dalchina, May 6, 2020
Thema:

Reset admin problem

1. Reset admin problem - Similar Threads - Reset admin problem

2. it admin problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    it admin problem: ive tried alot of things to fix my virus and threat protection to work again but the same error keeps coming when i try open virus and threat protection also when i try to open windows security its just a white blank screen i cant seem to fic the problem and have been trying...
  3. admin reset

in Windows 10 Gaming
    admin reset: i cant seem to reset my admin perms on my personal windows 11 rig. my brother used win+r netplwiz and switched to a different profile and i cant seem to change it back after trying netplwiz and compmgmt.msc. i cant find the profiles page on compmgmt.msc if there is any thing...
  4. admin reset

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    admin reset: i cant seem to reset my admin perms on my personal windows 11 rig. my brother used win+r netplwiz and switched to a different profile and i cant seem to change it back after trying netplwiz and compmgmt.msc. i cant find the profiles page on compmgmt.msc if there is any thing...
  5. admin problems

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    admin problems: computer stops driver install says :stopped by one of the admins.: I'm the admin who are the others? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/admin-problems/005fc935-1a88-4a59-ba0f-283f51c04ccc
  6. Admin password reset (non-admin)

in Windows 10 Customization
    Admin password reset (non-admin): pleas solv my problem https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/admin-password-reset-non-admin/01f6113b-936f-422a-a5d1-2ffa3d1455d6
  7. Admin Problem

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Admin Problem: For some unknown reason, my P.C has locked me out of my My Music file, saying:- You don't currently have permission to access this folder. I click on continue only o be greeted with another pop up saying I have been denied access to the folder. So I click on the security tab...
  8. admin problem

admin problem: my computer is saying "your virus and threat protection is manged by your administrator" WHEN I CLEARLY DON'T HAVE A ADMINISTRATOR! PLS HELP[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/admin-problem/fa55f576-6653-4bfa-971f-dd4f76547713
  9. admin problem

admin problem: I have in my windows 10 just two standard accounts but when I want to run a program or change some administrator settings it asks me for an admin account and its password so plz what can I do ?...
  10. Admin problems

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Admin problems: I turned off the admin on my PC but now there is no admin and I cannot access anything 69737