Windows 10: reset administrator password without current administrator password

Discus and support reset administrator password without current administrator password in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have looked at the posted Q&A related to resetting administrator password and followed the advice provided in an attempt to solve my problem but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by JohnL007-909, Sep 6, 2019.

1. reset administrator password without current administrator password

I have looked at the posted Q&A related to resetting administrator password and followed the advice provided in an attempt to solve my problem but without a solution for my issue.

When the password was created I was unaware of the ability to recover a password using a form of storage and the “Password Reset Wizard”. So that avenue of recovery is not possible for this problem. In addition, I tried the “Windows Password Recovery Tool”. A bootable version of Windows 10 has been created on a USB drive but searching the BIOS (version 4.4.0) I found no method to change the startup from the internal drive to the USB edition (another dead end). Tried bringing Windows 10 up in safe mode but found that I was still prompted to enter a password for the administrator that I no longer had.

One part of this password issue omitted above is how this mess came about – The laptop had been started with the administrator password created and used many times with no problem. However, a need to increase internal storage on C: drive was required (under the direction of the Windows upgrade and the small amount of SSD storage combined with an attempt to install the 1903 Windows version). A HHD had been added as an external device and a storage pool created using this 150GB HHD device to support the Windows update indicated above. Here is a part that makes little sense to me, the storage pool (the C: drive combined with the 150GB HHD) was working during the entire downloading of the update of the 1903 Windows version. The pool had to be working because the C: drive had less than 4GB of unused space but part way thru the installation (download had completed) a message appeared that additional space was needed on the C: drive. I fail to understand why that was needed when the 150GB of the HHD offered more than enough space to complete the upgrade (but that is another issue). So additional C: drive space was created by deleting anything I could find that was not needed and not protected. When the laptop was re-started to determine if there was now enough free space on the C: drive is when the administrator password (that I had been using) was now incorrect.

:)

JohnL007-909, Sep 6, 2019
  2. P4-630 Win User

How to reset Windwos 8 Password?

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/what-do-forget-windows-password#1TC=windows-8

• If you've forgotten your Windows password, there are several ways to retrieve or reset it:
      • If your PC is on a domain, your system administrator must reset your password.
      • If you're using a Microsoft account, you can reset your password online. ...
      • If you're using a local account, use your password hint as a reminder.

P4-630, Sep 6, 2019
  3. moejoe Win User
    Envy laptop password reset!

I have a envy spectre 14t -3000, got it with a McAfee endpoint encryption password, did not find out until I ordered the ac power adapter to turn it on. I only have a user name, how can I reset this password? There is no administrator password.

Please help.

moejoe, Sep 6, 2019
  4. TAViX Win User

reset administrator password without current administrator password

Windows Server 2008R2 Enterprise Administrator Password reset/recover

So the thing is, I have forgot my Administrator Password in Windows Server 2008 R2 - Enterprise...*Bang Head :banghead:
    How should I recover it or reset it?!?!?!?! I've searched the web a lot without any satisfactory results, and I'm desperate I don't know what to do. I have the original DVD, but I don't want to reinstall it tho, because I also have Win 7 on another partition, and I don't know how will it go...
    Please, do you know of any tips/tricks for doing that??? *Frown reset administrator password without current administrator password :(*Twitch :twitch:

TAViX, Sep 6, 2019
Thema:

reset administrator password without current administrator password

1. reset administrator password without current administrator password - Similar Threads - reset administrator password

2. Changing administrator password without knowing the password.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Changing administrator password without knowing the password.: I have an account on my pc that i never use. It was created by Microsoft when i got the pc. However, it was an administrator account for a while until i took it off as it always caused trouble. right now, im trying to access an app but windows keeps asking for the...
  3. Can't reset windows without administrator password

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't reset windows without administrator password: Its been a long time since i booted up an old windows 10 PC. I've forgotten the administrator password so i turn it off and on while booting a few times and it opens the repairing menu. But there it only shows me administrator accounts and asks me to login to those accounts...
  4. Can't reset windows without administrator password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't reset windows without administrator password: Its been a long time since i booted up an old windows 10 PC. I've forgotten the administrator password so i turn it off and on while booting a few times and it opens the repairing menu. But there it only shows me administrator accounts and asks me to login to those accounts...
  5. Can't reset windows without administrator password

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. ADMINISTRATOR PASSWORD RESET

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    ADMINISTRATOR PASSWORD RESET: I HAVE FORGOTTEN MY ADMINISTRATOR PASSWORD FOR WINDOWS 10. HOW CAN I FIND IT OR RESETT IT PLEASE https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/administrator-password-reset/747cd9d6-0413-4a7c-b88b-1b93e16c55c3
  7. reset administrator password

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    reset administrator password: hi! im currently using my brother’s laptop. i need to update a software that requires the admin password. however, he forgot the password. how do i reset it? i cant log in the admin acc :...
  8. reset administrator password

reset administrator password: Hi, I forgot the administrator password how can you help me, please Thanks Noor https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/reset-administrator-password/faefd243-0f18-4e1d-9da6-1b6554ce5e30"
  9. Reset Administrator Password

Reset Administrator Password: How do I reset my forgotten administrator password on my pc when I have password protect blocking me from doing anything to make changes to other user accounts?...
  10. RECOVERING ADMINISTRATOR PASSWORD WITHOUT PASSWORD RESET DISC

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    RECOVERING ADMINISTRATOR PASSWORD WITHOUT PASSWORD RESET DISC: I am the owner and ONLY user of my desktop PC. On this computer, I have two accounts: one is for me personally, and the other is "Administrator." I need to get into that Administrator account, but cannot remember the password. I have tried to reset it, but apparently I need...