Windows 10: Reset all settings back to default in each area of Windows Settings?

Discus and support Reset all settings back to default in each area of Windows Settings? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi all - Here is what I want to do and I'm not sure if it can be done. In every area of Windows settings, is it possible to set each main section... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Compumind, Jul 27, 2020.

1. Compumind Win User

Reset all settings back to default in each area of Windows Settings?

Hi all -

Here is what I want to do and I'm not sure if it can be done.

In every area of Windows settings, is it possible to set each main section back to default values?

For example - Start -> Windows Settings -> System (and all sub-sections.)

It would make life a bit easier for some things. Not "Reset This PC."
    Just the values are set back to install defaults.

TIA,

*Smile

:)

Compumind, Jul 27, 2020

2. How to reset Windows 10 settings to default?

Hi,

As per your concern, some settings on Windows 10 have default options. You can reset Windows 10 to its defaults app by following this steps.

• Go to Settings.
    • Choose System.
    • On the left side, select Default app.

Reset all settings back to default in each area of Windows Settings? ea3e6a93-7042-4c55-9b4e-a912780c3b97.png

• Under Reset to the Microsoft recommended defaults, click Reset.
    Regarding your concern with default button on each setting, you have a great idea. We suggest that you share your comments on our Windows Feedback hub for us to improve our services. Simply type
    Windows Feedback on the Start menu.

Should you have further questions, feel free to get back to us.

Monica Cam, Jul 27, 2020
  3. FAXA Win User
    Reseting monitor to default settings?

Is it possibel to reset the monitor to default settings?

My problem is that I accidently set the monitor to 100Hz, so it went black in windows. I can get into safe mode with no problems, but in normal mode the monitor stays black. Is it possible to set the Hz in safe mode? I can't access the NVIDIA control panel in safe mode, and the monitor properties say 'Use Defaults'.

Monitor model is: Dell D1226H.

Thanks

FAXA

4. cereberus Win User

Reset all Privacy settings to Default?

Since pretty much most privacy items are set to on (ie not private), then you just click those you set to off, back on again.

If not sure default settings, install Windows 10 in a virtual machine, and then you can note down all default settings.

cereberus, Jul 27, 2020
Thema:

1. Reset all settings back to default in each area of Windows Settings? - Similar Threads - Reset settings default

2. How to set-mppreference all ThreatDefaultAction back to their default 0?...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to set-mppreference all ThreatDefaultAction back to their default 0?...: Docs: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powershell/module/defender/set-mppreference?view=windowsserver2022-psFor -UnknownThreatDefaultAction -LowThreatDefaultAction -ModerateThreatDefaultAction -HighThreatDefaultAction -SevereThreatDefaultAction,After set-mppreference...
  3. Reset all settings to system default

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Reset all settings to system default: Is there a way to reset the system settings to the defaults? I'd like to know if I can do it without completely resetting my system or losing my files. submitted by /u/OsrsHelp8008 [link] [comments]...
  4. How to reset shell folders back to default settings?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to reset shell folders back to default settings?: So I messed up and deleted the Start-up folder and Maintenance folder and now I have issues with start up programs not responding or showing in Task Manager even if I check the box on the programs to start up, is there anyway I can reset the shell folders so I can get the...
  5. A Service I've changed the default settings keeps resetting back to default

in Windows 10 Customization
    A Service I've changed the default settings keeps resetting back to default: There is a Service where I need the Log On property changed to "Local System account" with the allow service to interact with desktop checked. This is required for a program that needs to be run that connects to an external device. After some time it changes back to the...
  6. setting colors back to default

in Windows 10 Customization
    setting colors back to default: In Windows 10, is there a way to set the colors and themes back to default? 113412
  7. setting colors back to default

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    setting colors back to default: In Windows 10, is there a way to set the colors and themes back to default? 113412
  8. Edge Resets to default settings

in Browsers and Email
    Edge Resets to default settings: Edge resets to default setting after every W10 update. Can MS stop this please ? Favourites are gone, I have to run xcopy to add back. Google search is no longer the default search provider. It also offers to remember password which I disabled. Regards 41036
  9. Audio Settings Reset After Each Restart

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Audio Settings Reset After Each Restart: Hello, I have a really weird setup of 3 sets of speakers for essentially 6.2 surround sound... and it works great and all, using the Realtek drivers to remap the line in port to side out, however upon every restart, my settings switch back to stereo and lowest sample rate...
  10. Reset all Privacy settings to Default?

in Windows 10 Support
    Reset all Privacy settings to Default?: How can I reset some settings to the default without Resetting the whole Windows 10 OS? For example, I want to reset all the Privacy Settings back to its original? Is there any way to accomplish this without going into Troubleshooting section and Resetting the whole entire...