Windows 10: Reset all settings to system default

Discus and support Reset all settings to system default in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Is there a way to reset the system settings to the defaults? I'd like to know if I can do it without completely resetting my system or losing my files.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/OsrsHelp8008, Mar 9, 2021.

1. Reset all settings to system default

Is there a way to reset the system settings to the defaults? I'd like to know if I can do it without completely resetting my system or losing my files.

submitted by /u/OsrsHelp8008
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/OsrsHelp8008, Mar 9, 2021

2. How to reset Windows 10 settings to default?

Hi,

As per your concern, some settings on Windows 10 have default options. You can reset Windows 10 to its defaults app by following this steps.

• Go to Settings.
    • Choose System.
    • On the left side, select Default app.

Reset all settings to system default ea3e6a93-7042-4c55-9b4e-a912780c3b97.png

• Under Reset to the Microsoft recommended defaults, click Reset.
    Regarding your concern with default button on each setting, you have a great idea. We suggest that you share your comments on our Windows Feedback hub for us to improve our services. Simply type
    Windows Feedback on the Start menu.

Should you have further questions, feel free to get back to us.

Monica Cam, Mar 9, 2021
  3. FAXA Win User
    Reseting monitor to default settings?

Is it possibel to reset the monitor to default settings?

My problem is that I accidently set the monitor to 100Hz, so it went black in windows. I can get into safe mode with no problems, but in normal mode the monitor stays black. Is it possible to set the Hz in safe mode? I can't access the NVIDIA control panel in safe mode, and the monitor properties say 'Use Defaults'.

Monitor model is: Dell D1226H.

Thanks

FAXA

FAXA, Mar 9, 2021
  4. kormath Win User

Reset all settings to system default

Lost default photo viewer after profile rebuild

Thanks Brink. I've tried those steps before i started searching Google. After the profile rebuild i don't have the Photo app listed to choose to make it default in either the system settings for default apps or the Open With option.

I can't even find it doing a search. Seems to have been removed somehow with the profile rebuild, which doesn't make sense.

Might be helpful to list what i've done Reset all settings to system default :) I've done the open with check, the choose default program in the system menu, tried that in device manager default programs also. I've checked the programs and features Turn windows features on/off and it's not listed there (never thought it was but that was a suggestion), searched the MS Store, it's not listed there either.

I don't like playing in the registry unless i have defined steps and haven't found anything for this yet, just the Win7 version like in my OP.

kormath, Mar 9, 2021
Thema:

Reset all settings to system default

1. Reset all settings to system default - Similar Threads - Reset settings system

2. Resetting ALL permissions to default

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Resetting ALL permissions to default: I have been silly and played with the security settings on my Windows 11 laptopIs there some way to return ALL to a new build status ?ie Default everything without carrying out a rebuildI am being blocked from using many programs such as Ancestry/FTM because I am unable to...
  3. Resetting ALL permissions to default

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Resetting ALL permissions to default: I have been silly and played with the security settings on my Windows 11 laptopIs there some way to return ALL to a new build status ?ie Default everything without carrying out a rebuildI am being blocked from using many programs such as Ancestry/FTM because I am unable to...
  4. How to reset all permissions to default?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to reset all permissions to default?: I couldn't find this anywhere and I really need help about this.Long story short, I thought RESTRICTED PACKAGES, ALL PACKAGES and TrustedInstaller were viruses so I removed their permissions from wherever I could but it turned out to be Windows 10's feature and the...
  5. Reset all settings back to default in each area of Windows Settings?

in Windows 10 Support
    Reset all settings back to default in each area of Windows Settings?: Hi all - Here is what I want to do and I'm not sure if it can be done. In every area of Windows settings, is it possible to set each main section back to default values? For example - Start -> Windows Settings -> System (and all sub-sections.) It would make life a bit...
  6. All default apps missing after system reset

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    All default apps missing after system reset: Hello all, Recently I attempted to go through with a new windows update (insider preview Build 18932.rs_prerelease.190628-1650). However, at the very end of the update my computer failed with an INACCESSIBLE BOOT DEVICE error. From there, I got into the recovery menu, and...
  7. All setting have been reset to default values. Boot message

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    All setting have been reset to default values. Boot message: [IMG] I've had this message appear every time I hard reset my PC. I thought it could be a faulty ram stick but have not tested it yet, and have also reset bios to default settings. Any help would be appreciated....
  8. Restore/Reset System to defaults

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Restore/Reset System to defaults: Hi, I bought a laptop Dell Inspiron 15 5000 5577 model 3 months ago. This was meant to be a temporary machine, as I was waiting for my primary laptop machine to be back from the service. Now Im not using this machine at all and I want to sell it. And for obvious reasons I...
  9. Edge Resets to default settings

in Browsers and Email
    Edge Resets to default settings: Edge resets to default setting after every W10 update. Can MS stop this please ? Favourites are gone, I have to run xcopy to add back. Google search is no longer the default search provider. It also offers to remember password which I disabled. Regards 41036
  10. Reset all Privacy settings to Default?

in Windows 10 Support
    Reset all Privacy settings to Default?: How can I reset some settings to the default without Resetting the whole Windows 10 OS? For example, I want to reset all the Privacy Settings back to its original? Is there any way to accomplish this without going into Troubleshooting section and Resetting the whole entire...