Windows 10: Reset and Re-register Windows Spotlight in Windows 10

Discus and support Reset and Re-register Windows Spotlight in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; So I updated to the latest using Update Assistant. Now I have different issue. When I try to switch to "Windows Spotlight" it wouldn't stick. It goes... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Bastet, May 9, 2017.

1. lepa71 Win User

Reset and Re-register Windows Spotlight in Windows 10

So I updated to the latest using Update Assistant. Now I have different issue. When I try to switch to "Windows Spotlight" it wouldn't stick. It goes back to "Picture" being selected

lepa71, Oct 23, 2017
  2. Brink
    Brink New Member

How does it work for a new account to see if this issue is just with your account or system wide?

Brink, Oct 23, 2017
  3. lepa71 Win User
    So I updated home laptop to the Fall release and I now experiencing the same issue. Spotlight setting on lock screen won't stick. It reverts back to Picture.

I'm on 10 Pro. Is there something different now between Home and Pro version?

Also on my home laptop before the upgrade the spotlight picture hasn't changed for couple weeks now. Last up thing I remember my laptop took update on 10/17. I don't know which KB that was, but I believe this when spotlight stopped working.

lepa71, Oct 24, 2017
  4. hattrik21 Win User

I tried your bat file and the other suggestions in this thread and mine still does not work for one user on the machine. I have a second user that when they are logged in, everything words fine. I have no policies preventing cloud content. Everything there is default. I have also have tried completely removing the Microsoft.Windows.ContentDeliveryManager_cw5n1h2txyewy folder and resetting things with your bat file.

One thing I did notice after all I have tried the is that the registry keys are not getting set. For the working user I have data in the following keys under the Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Lock Screen\Creative.

LockImageFlags
    CreativeId
    PortraitAssetPath
    LandscapeAssetPath
    PlacementId
    LockScreenOptions
    ImpressionToken
    HotspotImageFolderPath
    CreativeJson

For the non working user, these are all blank. At one point Spotlight did work for the user in question so it makes me think there is something in the user profile or registry somewhere that needs to be fixed?

hattrik21, Oct 24, 2017
  5. DooGie Win User
    I've had the lock screen getting stuck on the same image twice in the last 12 months. The first time it happened it got corrected when I installed a CU. The second time I used the batch file supplied by Shawn, this didn't work so I looked at the Windows Search Service and it was running, I restarted the Search Service anyway and the Spotlight image changed.

So yes the batch file worked but only after the Search Service was restarted. Another interesting point is that the Spotlight image that the Lockscreen displayed when stuck was also displayed in the lockscreen pictures directory.

DooGie, Nov 14, 2017
  6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Hello DooGie, *Smile

Did you have to restart the Search service even after restarting the computer?

Brink, Nov 14, 2017
  7. DooGie Win User
    Yes I did Shawn, I really can't explain why as the service was already shown as running.

I learn something new every day *Smile

DooGie, Nov 14, 2017
  8. Brink
    Brink New Member

Odd. You would think that restarting the computer would take care of it. *Confused

Brink, Nov 14, 2017
  9. DooGie Win User
    Hmm i would have thought that but I suppose it all depends on timing. The windows Search service is by default set to Automatic (Delayed Start) which could be too late for Spotlight requirements.
    Anyway I think it's a point I'll remember for the future.

DooGie, Nov 15, 2017
  10. berlaufr Win User
    Hi
    I try your bat file, good, spotlight works again.
    Thanks a lot for help
    merci

berlaufr, Nov 30, 2017
  11. Brink
    Brink New Member
    You're most welcome berlaufr, and welcome to Ten Forums. *Smile

Brink, Nov 30, 2017
  12. lepa71 Win User
    Sorry for the late response. I have created a new local user and spotlight is working on it. So the question now. How do I make mine to work?

Thanks

lepa71, Dec 20, 2017
  13. Brink
    Brink New Member

@lepa71, *Smile

You could try resetting Windows Spotlight one more time to see if it may be able to fix it his time around.

Brink, Dec 20, 2017
  14. lepa71 Win User
    Nope. It didn't work. The setting to Spotlight does not stick. When I select spotlight on screen lock settings and then come back, the setting gets revert back to pictures setting.

Any other ideas?

Thanks

lepa71, Dec 20, 2017
  15. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Brink, Dec 20, 2017
Thema:

1. Reset and Re-register Windows Spotlight in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Reset register Spotlight

2. How to re-register Microsoft OS Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to re-register Microsoft OS Windows 10?: The computer was purchased with Microsoft Windows 8 installed by the computer manufacture. The Microsoft OS was upgraded to Microsoft Windows 10 Home, version 22H2. The Microsoft Windows was always registered with Microsoft. One day the computer did not shut down cleanly....
  3. How to re-register Microsoft OS Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    How to re-register Microsoft OS Windows 10?: The computer was purchased with Microsoft Windows 8 installed by the computer manufacture. The Microsoft OS was upgraded to Microsoft Windows 10 Home, version 22H2. The Microsoft Windows was always registered with Microsoft. One day the computer did not shut down cleanly....
  4. How to re-register Microsoft OS Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Reset Windows Spotlight in Windows 11?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Reset Windows Spotlight in Windows 11?: Hello!I really liked the picture I was shown in my lock screen, but I am worried that I might have accidentally clicked the thumbs-down when I was just trying to sign in. Is there a way to reset my preferences in this regard? Thanks!...
  6. Re-register Start Menu in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Re-register Start Menu in Windows 10: How to: Re-register Start Menu in Windows 10 How to Re-register Start Menu in Windows 10 [img] Information Apps, settings, and files can all be found on the Start menu. If the Start menu is not working, then re-registering the Start menu may help fix it. This...
  7. Re-register Store app in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Re-register Store app in Windows 10: How to: Re-register Microsoft Store app in Windows 10 How to Re-register Microsoft Store app in Windows 10 The Microsoft Store app in Windows 10 offers various apps, games, music, movies & TV, and books that users can browse through, purchase, or get for free to...
  8. Reinstall and Re-register Cortana in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Reinstall and Re-register Cortana in Windows 10: How to: Reinstall and Re-register Cortana in Windows 10 How to Reinstall and Re-register Cortana in Windows 10 Cortana is your cloud-based personal assistant that works across your devices and other Microsoft services. Depending on the capabilities of your device and...
  9. Reinstall and Re-register Apps in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Reinstall and Re-register Apps in Windows 10: How to: Reinstall and Re-register Apps in Windows 10 How to Reinstall and Re-register All Built-in Windows Apps in Windows 10 This tutorial will show you how to reinstall and re-register all built-in Windows apps for your user account or all user accounts in Windows 10....
  10. Reinstall and Re-register Microsoft Edge in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Reinstall and Re-register Microsoft Edge in Windows 10: How to: Reinstall and Re-register Microsoft Edge in Windows 10 How to Reinstall and Re-register Microsoft Edge in Windows 10 Microsoft Edge is a new web browser that is available across the Windows 10 device family. It is designed for Windows 10 to be faster, safer, and...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. reregister windows lockscreen

2. LockImageFlags